Some perspective for Jerry Tonight

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As the Dallas Stars win their third Western Conference title and head to a Stanley Cup championship series for the third time since the Cowboys last won a SB, it made me think of all the accomplishments of Dallas area teams since the Cowboys last were a playoff force.

I’m hoping Jerry is aware that his Cowboys are dead last among the four Dallas area pro sports teams in accomplishments the last 25 years. Let us count their accomplishments since the Cowboys last glory days of 25 years ago::
  • DALLAS STARS- Have won a Stanley Cup in ‘99, have won three Western Conference titles, and playing for another Cup starting this week.
  • DALLAS MAVERICKS- Have won an NBA title, played in two NBA finals, won two Western Conference titles, played in another conference title series. They have won 11 playoff series (the equivalent of 11 NFL playoff games)
  • TEXAS RANGERS- Have won two American League championships, and played in two World Series.
In the same time frame as the above teams, the Cowboys have won 4 wild card games and never even won a divisional playoff game.

How long has it been since the Cowboys even played in a conference title game or even won a divisional playoff game? Here’s some context:
  • Dak Prescott was 2 years old.
  • Tony Romo was a freshman in high school.
  • Cowboys rookies this year and last year were not even born.
  • Stephen Jones’ son John Stephen Jones wasn’t born yet.
  • Current 54 year olds Michael Irvin and Troy Aikman were both 29.
  • Last years SB MVP Patrick Mahomes was 5 months old.
So when we all express frustration at the lack of Cowboys hardware the last qtr century, don’t forget to look up at the owners box at the only person who’s responsible for the last 25 years.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But yet Jethro passed 5 billion for wealthiest franchise in the world. Looks like he’s getting the last laugh.

Shame on Cowboy fans for supporting his foolishness and selfishness without more success.

Some of us warned the new stadium would take the power away from the fans to hold him more accountable but we were and still are ridiculed by many fans on these forums.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
But yet Jethro passed 5 billion for wealthiest franchise in the world. Looks like he’s getting the last laugh.

Shame on Cowboy fans for supporting his foolishness and selfishness without more success.

Some of us warned the new stadium would take the power away from the fans to hold him more accountable but we were and still are ridiculed by many fans on these forums.
Agreed, Greg. I have yet to visit Jerry World for this very reason you stated.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
As the Dallas Stars win their third Western Conference title and head to a Stanley Cup championship series for the third time since the Cowboys last won a SB, it made me think of all the accomplishments of Dallas area teams since the Cowboys last were a playoff force.

I’m hoping Jerry is aware that his Cowboys are dead last among the four Dallas area pro sports teams in accomplishments the last 25 years. Let us count their accomplishments since the Cowboys last glory days of 25 years ago::
  • DALLAS STARS- Have won a Stanley Cup in ‘99, have won three Western Conference titles, and playing for another Cup starting this week.
  • DALLAS MAVERICKS- Have won an NBA title, played in two NBA finals, won two Western Conference titles, played in another conference title series. They have won 11 playoff series (the equivalent of 11 NFL playoff games)
  • TEXAS RANGERS- Have won two American League championships, and played in two World Series.
In the same time frame as the above teams, the Cowboys have won 4 wild card games and never even won a divisional playoff game.

How long has it been since the Cowboys even played in a conference title game or even won a divisional playoff game? Here’s some context:
So when we all express frustration at the lack of Cowboys hardware the last qtr century, don’t forget to look up at the owners box at the only person who’s responsible for the last 25 years.
Talking hockey on a Cowboys fan sight should get you banned. It's just noise that needs to be silenced.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
There’s nothing they can do, new coach and the team needs to be rebuilt.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry is in the Hall of Fame, has 3 Super Bowl Rings, owns the richest franchise in the US....he feels like he's playing with house money. There's nothing else left for him to accomplish.
More and more, he is starting to remind me of Al Davis. Defiant and incapable of admitting he lost his fastball years ago. He may be rich because of his business skills, but the hardware he won was with the help of a HOF HC and he knows it. His insecurities and bitterness make him look weak.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
More and more, he is starting to remind me of Al Davis. Defiant and incapable of admitting he lost his fastball years ago. He may be rich because of his business skills, but the hardware he won was with the help of a HOF HC and he knows it. His insecurities and bitterness make him look weak.
I’ll say this though....I think Stephen has a lot of say now and I think he’s a big part of this teams shortcomings too.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This all depends on how you keep score. Financially and coverage wise, Booger has no equal. They continue to provide coverage to what really is a mediocre franchise and that's a mystery. Prescott dominated the sports news in the off season because it's the Cowboys.

The other teams can win championships and that will change nothing. There is no contest between football and the other sports and never has been.

Booger got exactly what he needed with that stadium because that alone would allow him to continue to run the team without being forced to do anything else in order to make money. This is his baby just like the Raiders were Crazy Al's, that's the reason he became Booger's mentor even before he bought the Cowboys. He has milked the success of the early 90's extremely well and the Dallas fans don't demand anything. Just show up to be fleeced, they get exactly what they deserve.

The fact is the fans that financially support the team are just enablers, allowing him to play with his toy.

kskboys

Reaction score
Jerry is in the Hall of Fame, has 3 Super Bowl Rings, owns the richest franchise in the US....he feels like he's playing with house money. There's nothing else left for him to accomplish.
Then why is his every breath centered around being known as a football guy?

GenoT

Reaction score

Jerry Jones: “$5 billion and 1, $5 billion and 2, $5 billion and 3...”

Reporter: “Hey Jerry...did you hear what Bobhaze over on the CZ forums is saying about you?”

JJ: “Huh? WHAT??!? Oh...that. Now where was I? Oh yeah...$5 billion and 4, $5 billion and 5...”
:rolleyes:;)

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't follow....who considers him a football guy?
Everyone who shares his last name and DNA plays along with his game of looking like a football guy. Everyone not named Jones knows he’s not.

Jerry has been a living example of the “Emperor's New Clothes” for two decades now. He’s naked as the day he was born, but he thinks he’s fully clothed in football glory, lol.

rags747

Reaction score
Yeah, $8B+ weak...