Some perspective for Jerry Tonight

cern

Reaction score
I agree there is more than one way but I tend to lean toward consistency especially when you talk about giving up the amount of money they give to some of the big name FA signers. I get the fiscal responsibility approach because you have to be some what sure that your investment is going to yield a high ROI. This is hard to do when you're looking at names, previous stats, and salary expectation. My point is you have to have the front office in place that can consistently differentiate between what piece could yield such a return and when to be fiscally responsible. I look at what Ozzie Newsome was able to do with no GM experience and keep his team out of cap hell all the while seeing two trophies in the meantime. I think Will McClay was a god send to the Jones but at some point you got to let the purse strings go and get a difference maker versus saying hey we know our guy we brought him in and try to add some spice to the gumbo or else you end up with what we've been seeing the past 25 years. I always look back at the TO signing and the level of success it brought we're a few bad plays and decisions away from one of those teams getting it done. But that's my take some times it's the Jimmy's and Joe's that make all the difference, especially when you look at our current linebacker and safety dilemma
Now that's a great response.