Some perspective for Jerry Tonight

rags747

Reaction score
If you value cash for the Jones over Lombardis for the team and it’s fans, congrats.
I have zero issues with any of the Jones boys/gals. Did you like their draft? Did you like the MM hire? You make comments such as insecurities and bitterness, like where the hell do you even get that from? You don’t know him personally so how the hell can you even write something just based off of your feelings. I could write that Bobhaze was caught sleeping with a goat last night, but that wouldn’t make it right.

DFWJC

Reaction score
All of what the OP says is true.

The only thing that bothers me about fans (not OP specifically) wanting to make a negative point about Jerry is that it seems disingenuous to go back 25 years to show nothing when you can just as easily, and more objectively, go back just a little further to capture his entire ownership period and get a ton. 3 SB wins with two coaches and a bunch of playoff wins etc.

I'd say go back all the way or just go back a decade. 25 years is being a bit sneaky. :muttley:

No doubt though, they need to advance further.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
All of what the OP says is true.

The only thing that bothers me about fans (not OP specifically) wanting to make a negative point about Jerry is that it seems disingenuous to go back 25 years to show nothing when you can just as easily, and more objectively, go back just a little further to capture his entire ownership period and get a ton. 3 SB wins with two coaches and a bunch of playoff wins etc.

I'd say go back all the way or just go back a decade. 25 years is being a bit sneaky. :muttley:

No doubt though, they need to advance further.

It is different for Cowboys' fans (and for a few other franchises fan bases). When you have had tons of success as a franchise, mediocrity is hard to handle. If you were a Bengals, Browns or Cardinals fan...maybe you think different. For Cowboys fans, it will always be, "What have you done for me lately!"

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have zero issues with any of the Jones boys/gals. Did you like their draft? Did you like the MM hire? You make comments such as insecurities and bitterness, like where the hell do you even get that from? You don’t know him personally so how the hell can you even write something just based off of your feelings. I could write that Bobhaze was caught sleeping with a goat last night, but that wouldn’t make it right.
Sure, you could lie and be completely unethical by libeling me or someone else. Or you could just make a point without the grime.

Look, all I’m saying is I don’t like the lack of results these guys have been getting the last 25 years. The lack of results isn’t an opinion. Results on the field are the bottom line for fans like me. Wins matter more than dollars to me. You can disagree with that- I have no problem with that. If you are satisfied with how things have been for all these years, that’s your right to feel or express that. Just leave the classless personal stuff out.

blueblood70

Reaction score
As the Dallas Stars win their third Western Conference title and head to a Stanley Cup championship series for the third time since the Cowboys last won a SB, it made me think of all the accomplishments of Dallas area teams since the Cowboys last were a playoff force.

I’m hoping Jerry is aware that his Cowboys are dead last among the four Dallas area pro sports teams in accomplishments the last 25 years. Let us count their accomplishments since the Cowboys last glory days of 25 years ago::
  • DALLAS STARS- Have won a Stanley Cup in ‘99, have won three Western Conference titles, and playing for another Cup starting this week.
  • DALLAS MAVERICKS- Have won an NBA title, played in two NBA finals, won two Western Conference titles, played in another conference title series. They have won 11 playoff series (the equivalent of 11 NFL playoff games)
  • TEXAS RANGERS- Have won two American League championships, and played in two World Series.
In the same time frame as the above teams, the Cowboys have won 4 wild card games and never even won a divisional playoff game.

How long has it been since the Cowboys even played in a conference title game or even won a divisional playoff game? Here’s some context:
  • Dak Prescott was 2 years old.
  • Tony Romo was a freshman in high school.
  • Cowboys rookies this year and last year were not even born.
  • Stephen Jones’ son John Stephen Jones wasn’t born yet.
  • Current 54 year olds Michael Irvin and Troy Aikman were both 29.
  • Last years SB MVP Patrick Mahomes was 5 months old.
So when we all express frustration at the lack of Cowboys hardware the last qtr century, don’t forget to look up at the owners box at the only person who’s responsible for the last 25 years.

same post with ne change as last one.. nothing original. They

havent won title, there ONLY ONE, since 1999 and DC since 1996 but Dc have 5 Stars only one , Ranger s NONE, and Mavs ONE..

got that like for the last last time..

1999-1996 =3 that only 3 years difference for last championships, IF the Stars win it....thats all the matter is the actual trophy although im glad they had some nice moments..

GO STARS

rags747

Reaction score
Sure, you could lie and be completely unethical by libeling me or someone else. Or you could just make a point without the grime.

Look, all I’m saying is I don’t like the lack of results these guys have been getting the last 25 years. The lack of results isn’t an opinion. Results on the field are the bottom line for fans like me. Wins matter more than dollars to me. You can disagree with that- I have no problem with that. If you are satisfied with how things have been for all these years, that’s your right to feel or express that. Just leave the classless personal stuff out.
I want the same as you, I just choose not to jump all over Jerry’s jock every chance I get. Calling him bitter and insecure is not personal? Anyway, let’s leave it at that. I obviously am not going to change you and you will not be changing me either. Peace...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Jerry is just delusional about his team. He goes into every season thinking Super Bowl then seems surprised when they don't come close to it.

This is just another year. Any honest assessment of this team tells you "Super Bowl" isn't happening this season. Too many holes in the roster.

plasticman

Reaction score
Since 1993 Cowboy fans have had their loyalty taken hostage by a man who bought an NFL franchise for the sole purpose of making money.

The NFL is a tax exempt organization. NFL teams are considered a collaboration between the owner and taxpayers in the area those teams represent. NFL teams were supported by the owner of a successful business. It was a way to increase the reputation of his business while giving something back to the community. Most teams lost money but the owner gained in the way that team enhanced the loyalty of consumers to his company.

The average lower to middle class fans were not pushed out by predatory season pass policies as they are today.

So now Jerry Jones owns the most profitable business in all Pro sports. He should be ashamed of himself. But that's not enough for Jerry. He has to be the GM and sometimes even the Head Coach (See Wade Phillips, Defensive Coordinator). Then, posing as an knowledgeable GM, he deceptively informs the fans of the great season coming up while neglecting to mention serious injuries and concerns detrimental to the success of the team in an effort to increase ticket sales.

If only Jerry would behave like the owners of successful NFL franchises by keeping his mouth shut and signing checks, the only exception being when they accept the Lombardi trophy on behalf of the team, it's fans, and the community they represent. Alas, even after he is long gone and buried, we must then endure his progeny.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
I’ll say this though....I think Stephen has a lot of say now and I think he’s a big part of this teams shortcomings too.
Stephen is a cap guy and all he worries about is that and every since he's had his way we no longer make big time deals. I am not one to say you need to give out mega deals but some how some way successful franchises like the Ravens find ways to get big name guys signed that improve their team without killing the cap. So you're right Stephen is front and center with the state of the Cowboys just as much as Jerry.

cern

Reaction score
But yet Jethro passed 5 billion for wealthiest franchise in the world. Looks like he’s getting the last laugh.

Shame on Cowboy fans for supporting his foolishness and selfishness without more success.

Some of us warned the new stadium would take the power away from the fans to hold him more accountable but we were and still are ridiculed by many fans on these forums.
when did the fans ever have the power to hold jerry accountable. there will always be more fans than seats in the stands. you continue to overestimate yourself by your woeful knowledge of human nature.

cern

Reaction score
Talking hockey on a Cowboys fan sight should get you banned. It's just noise that needs to be silenced.
you are cantankerous. blow it out your ear. i bet no kids walk on your grass.

cern

Reaction score
Stephen is a cap guy and all he worries about is that and every since he's had his way we no longer make big time deals. I am not one to say you need to give out mega deals but some how some way successful franchises like the Ravens find ways to get big name guys signed that improve their team without killing the cap. So you're right Stephen is front and center with the state of the Cowboys just as much as Jerry.
cooper wasn't a big time deal? zack martin not a big time deal? tyron smith not a big deal? tank lawrence not a big time deal? la'el collins, jaylon? dak's playing for over 31 million this year. these aren't your idea of big time deals? zeke's deal isn't big time. can you name one other team who's top 8 players collectively have bigger deals? i'd really like to know.

cern

Reaction score
Since 1993 Cowboy fans have had their loyalty taken hostage by a man who bought an NFL franchise for the sole purpose of making money.

The NFL is a tax exempt organization. NFL teams are considered a collaboration between the owner and taxpayers in the area those teams represent. NFL teams were supported by the owner of a successful business. It was a way to increase the reputation of his business while giving something back to the community. Most teams lost money but the owner gained in the way that team enhanced the loyalty of consumers to his company.

The average lower to middle class fans were not pushed out by predatory season pass policies as they are today.

So now Jerry Jones owns the most profitable business in all Pro sports. He should be ashamed of himself. But that's not enough for Jerry. He has to be the GM and sometimes even the Head Coach (See Wade Phillips, Defensive Coordinator). Then, posing as an knowledgeable GM, he deceptively informs the fans of the great season coming up while neglecting to mention serious injuries and concerns detrimental to the success of the team in an effort to increase ticket sales.

If only Jerry would behave like the owners of successful NFL franchises by keeping his mouth shut and signing checks, the only exception being when they accept the Lombardi trophy on behalf of the team, it's fans, and the community they represent. Alas, even after he is long gone and buried, we must then endure his progeny.
this info is patently wrong. the league office was a tax exempt organization since it was not in the business of making money, but all monies generated by tv revenues, parking and any other venue were distributed evenly among the teams who were all taxed accordingly. to suggest jerry and company don't pay taxes on their team's earnings is totally incorrect.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
As the Dallas Stars win their third Western Conference title and head to a Stanley Cup championship series for the third time since the Cowboys last won a SB, it made me think of all the accomplishments of Dallas area teams since the Cowboys last were a playoff force.

I’m hoping Jerry is aware that his Cowboys are dead last among the four Dallas area pro sports teams in accomplishments the last 25 years. Let us count their accomplishments since the Cowboys last glory days of 25 years ago::
  • DALLAS STARS- Have won a Stanley Cup in ‘99, have won three Western Conference titles, and playing for another Cup starting this week.
  • DALLAS MAVERICKS- Have won an NBA title, played in two NBA finals, won two Western Conference titles, played in another conference title series. They have won 11 playoff series (the equivalent of 11 NFL playoff games)
  • TEXAS RANGERS- Have won two American League championships, and played in two World Series.
In the same time frame as the above teams, the Cowboys have won 4 wild card games and never even won a divisional playoff game.

How long has it been since the Cowboys even played in a conference title game or even won a divisional playoff game? Here’s some context:
  • Dak Prescott was 2 years old.
  • Tony Romo was a freshman in high school.
  • Cowboys rookies this year and last year were not even born.
  • Stephen Jones’ son John Stephen Jones wasn’t born yet.
  • Current 54 year olds Michael Irvin and Troy Aikman were both 29.
  • Last years SB MVP Patrick Mahomes was 5 months old.
So when we all express frustration at the lack of Cowboys hardware the last qtr century, don’t forget to look up at the owners box at the only person who’s responsible for the last 25 years.
Well Bobhaze,, that sir is indeed a wake up call sir.