Twitter: Some Positivity in the Dak negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.

starfan1

Reaction score
You realize the odds of not having a good QB for the next 10+ years are a LOT higher than the odds of landing a Pro Bowl stud QB, even in the 1st round, right?

There are some franchises who have NEVER had a QB as good as Dak. That’s not an exaggeration.
:laugh:
You know this whole woody for Trevor is another story. He may very well end up Peyton manning but he could also be Jamarcus Russell or Matt Leinhart When you have a proven commodity you stick with it. Im actually OK with them going after a QB for competition but alot of thie Dak denier stuff is overblown.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Good QBs are extremely tough to find. We lucked into one, just like we did with Romo.

Our defense is garbage. As long as that’s the case, we won’t win anything no matter who the QB is.

But the solution to the garbage defense is NOT to get rid of your good QB, in order to save money. That’s absurd.

OK, I'm done...lol. I really don't know what other thinks, however, from what I read, is that it is not that fans don't want Dak back, because he is a damn good QB, you have to be to even be in the NFL to begin with.

To me the whole premise is, Jerry, or Booger, what ever the hell they call him, cannot build a good, strong, bad azz, special team by paying Dak what he is wanting. Dak is already filthy rich, he does not need to be payed just because someone else got paid, that's absurd.

I understand trying to get as much money as you can get while young and strong, however, if you are already good financially and really want to help The Dallas Cowboys as a player (and not an actor on TV) and win a Super Bowl he needs to come down off his high chair and realize what he is asking for will only come back to haunt him if he never wins a Super Bowl for The Dallas Cowboys. And I'm not sure how the fans that say pay him will also feel. It make no sense to go through the Romo days again.

If Dak would tell his agent, "come on man"...and come down on his asking price in order to help the team, I would think many fans would start having better thoughts coming up for The Dallas Cowboy...the team he said he dreamed to play for.
And, I'm not really sure of that.

I

Nav22

Reaction score
Yeah i'm fine with taking the risk. Doesn't scare me. If we can find quality in the 4th round we'll eventually get one in the 1st.

I've seen enough of Dak to know his capabilities as well as look at the lack of post season success.
Here on planet Earth, Dak’s a damn good QB and Peyton Manning hadn’t won a playoff game through his first 5 seasons.

Don’t you know how important defense is? Did you happen to catch the great Majomes’ Super Bowl performance vs TB?

And don’t you know how terrible our defense is?

Why are you people so intentionally obtuse?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Here on planet Earth, Dak’s a damn good QB and Peyton Manning hadn’t won a playoff game through his first 5 seasons.

Don’t you know how important defense is? Did you happen to catch the great Majomes’ Super Bowl performance vs TB?

And don’t you know how terrible our defense is?

Why are you people so intentionally obtuse?

Well.. Dak is not Peyton Manning but whatever you're calling earth makes that comparison I guess?

Mahomes in the Superbowl.. Yeah I watched that. Super Bowls are cool. PRetty funny that how that is used against him. Do you only watch the Cowboys and The Super bowl or something? Another very stupid thing to say. You've got to watch Mahomes play in 2 Superbowls.. Does it remind you of our wildcard games?

Yes.. I know our defense is terrible.. I know Dak needs a ton to win with and we couldn't put enough around him on the best contract in sports. I'm sure it's going to happen when he's making 40 X more.

Nav22

Reaction score
Well.. Dak is not Peyton Manning but whatever you're calling earth makes that comparison I guess?

Mahomes in the Superbowl.. Yeah I watched that. Super Bowls are cool. PRetty funny that how that is used against him. Do you only watch the Cowboys and The Super bowl or something? Another very stupid thing to say.

Yes.. I know our defense is terrible.. I know Dak needs a ton to win with and we couldn't put enough around him on the best contract in sports. I'm sure it's going to happen when he's making 40 X more.
No. Here’s how life works.

YOU made the comment about Dak’s postseason play.

I shut that garbage down with facts: that by YOUR ignorant standard to downgrade Dak, you’d also have had to downgrade Peyton Manning exactly the same way.

Which would expose you as a FOOTBALL DUNCE.

NOBODY compared Dak to Peyton. Nice try, F.D.

shabazz

Reaction score
Good QBs are extremely tough to find. We lucked into one, just like we did with Romo.

Our defense is garbage. As long as that’s the case, we won’t win anything no matter who the QB is.

But the solution to the garbage defense is NOT to get rid of your good QB, in order to save money. That’s absurd.

Lock up your good QB and work on the defense. Hit on some draft picks and some key signings and hope Dan Quinn can elevate them.

Nav, I agree with a lot of your post......except we shouldn’t pay a “good” quarterback, “Great” money.

If we lived in a world of no salary cap most of us would be just fine with over paying an non elite Qb, elite money.

It’s never been personal so that’s why the “hate” comments just don’t apply here. An opinion based on record and performances in the last 5 years.....some very good and some awful

In the end, it’s this franchises fault that this defense has stayed historically bad and that we even have to have this debate.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Nav, I agree with a lot of your post......except we shouldn’t pay a “good” quarterback, “Great” money.

If we lived in a world of no salary cap most of us would be just fine with over paying an non elite Qb, elite money.

It’s never been personal so that’s why the “hate” comments just don’t apply here. An opinion based on record and performances in the last 5 years.....some very good and some awful

In the end, it’s this franchises fault that this defense has stayed historically bad and that we even have to have this debate.
Haven't seen you post in a good bit. I was actually starting to wonder.
Glad to see you still around boss.

Hardline

Reaction score
Neither side is budging on their numbers.
Both sides are dug in.
The franchise tag is inevitable.
Draft your new QB this year or you will be drafting him next year.

Hardline

Reaction score
There’s no viable alternative.

You either pay for a good, young QB or you become one of the 20 teams that are sorely lacking at the position.

The draft is a crapshoot. The odds of selecting a QB who ends up being as good as Dak are slim.
It's still worth the risk.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
That’s actually pretty good considering he had Garrett and McCarthy as his head coaches, and Jerry as his GM.

Well McCarthy is still the coach so based on that logic there is no sense paying Dak big money as the HC ultimate will be the reason the team fails so then why sign Dak?

Corso

Reaction score
Well McCarthy is still the coach so based on that logic there is no sense paying Dak big money as the HC ultimate will be the reason the team fails so then why sign Dak?
And Jerry's still the GM!

USArmyVet

Reaction score
No. Here’s how life works.

YOU made the comment about Dak’s postseason play.

I shut that garbage down with facts: that by YOUR ignorant standard to downgrade Dak, you’d also have had to downgrade Peyton Manning exactly the same way.

Which would expose you as a FOOTBALL DUNCE.

NOBODY compared Dak to Peyton. Nice try, F.D.

So to make your point you need to name call? Is that how that works?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
How is that beeching and whining? You said it yourself today - instant super bowl is coming. I'm merely looking into the future for the excuses headed our way when Dak can't get it done all by himself after he broke the bank and Jerry couldn't help out the sorry defense.

What will it be then? Dak needs a raise to 100 million a season and THEN he will show you his real A game?

They still won't have a defense, thanks to Dak and greed

But they didn't have one when he was making only a few $100,000 a year either. Never heard him complain ......see that goes both ways.

Corso

Reaction score
LOL....give it time as I will always be a hater and troll to some.
Shoot, I get called "Tiny Tim" and "Sally Field" by the peeps that give you likes on the regular.
And I don't even necessarily disagree with their positions.

So I think you get off easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.