Some reflection and Draft thoughts

BillyBates

Reaction score
I am a Cowboy fan but I am also a football fan. Troy Polamalu one of my favorite players and I hate the Steelers LOL
I dont remember ever seeing a safety flying over a O line like he use too. respect the man , hate the team too.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Do you know the link to it or can you describe it such that I can find it?
I basically go to Google and say , show me pictures of Bob Lilly. There's one particular with the torn Jersey.

BillyBates

Reaction score
100000 post and I never pressed the report button. I was actually pretty proud of that fighting my own battles. It wasn't difficult I believe people should have their own opinions and you shouldn't get upset because they're different.
man we could use more of that cutting edge sorta thinking.well said sir bravo.:clap:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I dont remember ever seeing a safety flying over a O line like he use too. respect the man , hate the team too.
Do you remember a man named Mark Van eeghen. I was training at New England Health & Racquet one day. And the guy came up to me said you mind giving me a spot. I was so impressed because he would keep to himself mostly and I didn't want to bother him. I was basically the same. Two times Super Bowl running back asking me to help him.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I Have Been a Cowboy fan in the military overseas all you could watch was the Cowboys. How could you not love the star and what it represented. That doesn't mean I was actually a fan of every team we fielded. But I definitely supported them. I suffered to Smith dropping the ball in the end zone against the Steelers. To the one in 15 season. With Troy Aikman and Jimmy Johnson

I was OK with the 89 season because I could see that Jimmy was going to build a winner and that Jerry would spend the money to make it happen.

The 44-0 loss to the Bears in 85 was the low point for me and there was no signs of improving with Bum Bright as the owner.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I was OK with the 89 season because I could see that Jimmy was going to build a winner and that Jerry would spend the money to make it happen.

The 44-0 loss to the Bears in 85 was the low point for me and there was no signs of improving with Bum Bright as the owner.
I actually forgot about that you just gave me goosebumps

BillyBates

Reaction score
Do you remember a man named Mark Van eeghen. I was training at New England Health & Racquet one day. And the guy came up to me said you mind giving me a spot. I was so impressed because he would keep to himself mostly and I didn't want to bother him. I was basically the same. Two times Super Bowl running back asking me to help him.
how in the world would you spot 400lbs of weight he was prolly lifting ?:eek:. No I cant say I remember him. being in the AFC? I guess I was more worried about the NFC teams players.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
My Philosophy is most Worthy. I truly believe if you draft for need you get burned. And if you draft 4 best on board you don't feel the position of need. Most Worthy is a combination of three aspects. Talent need fit

The trap of drafting for need is you'll start engaging in motivated reasoning on the player's quality when you need a player at that position.

But you still need to balance quality vs. need to get the best outcome for the team. It's not fantasy football. It's a team.

I'm sure "it's a process" when it comes the how the Cowboys try to balance concerns over need and quality.

They probably try to separate out those concerns institutionally, with the scouts entirely unconcerned about the needs of the team, and therefore more objective about the quality of players. And where there is disagreement, people need to make a case. They probably have standard evaluation templates and checklists.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I tend to believe, people love money players names. I'd much rather have an entire team of football players. People that want to make that name. But that's old school football. Maybe not I'm sure there's still people that love football players you don't win championships you need a good balance of both though

Yes, the nineties Super Bowl teams had both both attributes in the same players.

Players like the list below had the Bates work ethic but had Super Star talent.
Aikman
Emmitt
Irvin
Woodson

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
More thoughts... It would be nice if we knew right now that Taco would finally pull his head out of his arse and get 10 sacks this coming season. Then we could dedicate our draft on S, DT, and WR. Taco, get it together!

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
how in the world would you spot 400lbs of weight he was prolly lifting ?:eek:. No I cant say I remember him. being in the AFC? I guess I was more worried about the NFC teams players.
I learned a long time ago if a man's going to put 400 lb in the bar and he asked for a spot he better be able to lift 95% of that. I've been training for over 40 years. I believe in having more of a gymnastic body than a bodybuilders body. I like bench pressing 135 lbs 25 times four four sets. Not bad for 65

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The trap of drafting for need is you'll start engaging in motivated reasoning on the player's quality when you need a player at that position.

But you still need to balance quality vs. need to get the best outcome for the team. It's not fantasy football. It's a team.

I'm sure "it's a process" when it comes the how the Cowboys try to balance concerns over need and quality.

They probably try to separate out those concerns institutionally, with the scouts entirely unconcerned about the needs of the team, and therefore more objective about the quality of players. And where there is disagreement, people need to make a case. They probably have standard evaluation templates and checklists.
There's always exceptions my cowboy brother. How can you not take the best guy overall when you're drafting 1 to 5. After that I'm taking the most worthy attitude.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes, the nineties Super Bowl teams had both both attributes in the same players.

Players like the list below had the Bates work ethic but had Super Star talent.
Aikman
Emmitt
Irvin
Woodson
Woodson picking up the eagle by one leg and slamming him on his back. How can I not remember that play

BillyBates

Reaction score
I learned a long time ago if a man's going to put 400 lb in the bar and he asked for a spot he better be able to lift 95% of that. I've been training for over 40 years. I believe in having more of a gymnastic body than a bodybuilders body. I like bench pressing 135 lbs 25 times four four sets. Not bad for 65
wow man outstanding. my numbers are a wee bit different. I feel like 135, been married for 40 , contemplated jumping of a bridge 25x:grin:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
wow man outstanding. my numbers are a wee bit different. I feel like 135, been married for 40 , contemplated jumping of a bridge 25x:grin:
Lmao . You just get post of the day Awards LOL

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It takes a while for people to know you when you're new to a forum they see you low posting numbers and they don't know how to take you yet. I don't like posting numbers bother me I try to let the post itself show its knowledge for integrity. Be good be safe my cowboy Brothers I'm out