Some strong reminders on behalf of our great forum

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s the off-season and the summer heat seems to make too many of our fellow Cowboy fans in this great forum post up here with a chip on the shoulder and in constant arguing and attack mode. A forum like this is built on everyone getting to post their opinions and views on all things Cowboys, but within the rules we ALL agreed to follow when we signed up here.

A few simple reminders to make this place more civil and inhabitable:
  • This Is an opinion FORUM which means a variety of opinions about the Cowboys are welcome and encouraged as long as they are within the rules we have here.
  • A difference of opinion is welcome and part of what makes this place great. A disagreement with your opinion doesn’t make someone a bad Cowboys fan. Or deserving of someone’s wrath or insults.
  • If after stating your position multiple times and someone still disagrees with you, let it go. Agree to disagree. Constantly arguing your point over and over will most likely not convince the other side.In fact it usually starts unnecessary fights. You’ve made your point. Let it go.
  • Mods are human. And they are volunteers doing the best they can to keep this place between the lines. There are thousands of posts made every day and we don’t always catch everything. Sometimes we miss things. Sometimes we have to take action because of rules violations. It’s not personal. Let’s work together.
  • If you are angry with someone here, take a break. Go to a different thread. If you feel angry enough to insult someone you need to either go to a different thread or log off for a while.
In my life experiences, I’ve never known anyone who insulted their way to either changing someone’s mind or earning themselves any more respect.
We are a week from TC and just 7 weeks from the start of the regular season. Here‘s to another exciting Cowboys season on the best fan sports forum out there. WHAT MAKES IT GREAT IS OUR RESPECT FOR EACH OTHER AS COWBOYS FANS.

LETS GO COWBOYS!

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
It’s the off-season and the summer heat seems to make too many of our fellow Cowboy fans in this great forum post up here with a chip on the shoulder and in constant arguing and attack mode. A forum like this is built on everyone getting to post their opinions and views on all things Cowboys, but within the rules we ALL agreed to follow when we signed up here.

• This Is an opinion FORUM which means a variety of opinions about the Cowboys are welcome and encouraged as long as they are within the rules we have here.
  • A difference of opinion is welcome and part of what makes this place great. A disagreement with your opinion doesn’t make someone a bad Cowboys fan. Or deserving of someone’s wrath or insults.
  • If after stating your position multiple times and someone still disagrees with you, let it go. Agree to disagree. Constantly arguing your point over and over will most likely not convince the other side.In fact it usually starts unnecessary fights. You’ve made your point. Let it go.
  • Mods are human. And they are volunteers doing the best they can to keep this place between the lines. There are thousands of posts made every day and we don’t always catch everything. Sometimes we miss things. Sometimes we have to take action because of rules violations. It’s not personal. Let’s work together.
  • If you are angry with someone here, take a break. Go to a different thread. If you feel angry enough to insult someone you need to either go to a different thread or log off for a while.
In my life experiences, I’ve never known anyone who insulted their way to either changing someone’s mind or earning themselves any more respect.
We are a week from TC and just 7 weeks from the start of the regular season. Here‘s to another exciting Cowboys season on the best fan sports forum out there. WHAT MAKES IT GREAT IS OUR RESPECT FOR EACH OTHER AS COWBOYS FANS.

LETS GO COWBOYS!
Great stuff. I’ve tried to evolve a lot more this past year where I can disagree but also kill with kindness. It’s not hard to respect a person and think their comment is silly at the same time :D. There are really good people here.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
The Dak debate is way more heated than the Romo one ever got. It has certainly divided the fan base and almost straight down the middle.

We all need to remember at the end of the day, we all want the same thing. Super Bowl Championship #6

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

LETS GO COWBOYS!
WRONG!!!
:muttley:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good advice...now go ask reality if I can post some of my blues tunes without him going medieval on me threatening me that if I ever do it again he will ban me forever! I just want to play music for my friends. lol
That is a weird rule. We can post other people's music without their permission, but we can't post our own music. :huh:
Here are the actual rules that apply and why they exist-
#11 - You will not advertise or promote other sites, services or products.
#28 - You will not promote any personal or non-official NFL related social networking pages or links.

One of the purposes of these rules is to keep this place from being a sales market for different people’s personal products, websites, etc. If you PM someone a personal link to your stuff that’s ok. But this forum is not supposed to serve as a personal marketplace for anyone.

Hope that clarifies.

shabazz

Reaction score
The funny part is that the most divisive topics have just been about our current Qb and our ex-RB

we do disagree on other things but it rarely brings out the intensity and of course the insults…..with the exception of when Cooper Rush played those 5 games:muttley:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

LETS GO COWBOYS!
Thank you for the reminder.

It's very disappointing that a disagreement means accusations of trolling and stupidity.

But...humans will human....thank you guys for all the work you do trying to mitigate it.

I have actually made some efforts to just LOG OUT....and make brief appearances. By actual log out, mean I have to make a specific effort to reply and it gives me a coupel seconds to decline. :cool::laugh:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

LETS GO COWBOYS!
You ask too much!!

:bow::bow::lmao::lmao2::lmao::bow:

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Thank-you for saying all this Bobhaze. I post a lot less on here because of the attack mentality here. Not saying this is Bleeding Green Nation like .

I just want to talk positively about our Cowboys and glean info and GOOD (we'll thought out and coherent) opinions.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Bullet as always you are spot-on and the voice of reason.

Wish I had your self-control.
But when anybody tries to demean Roger Staubach Emmitt Smith or any of our other Hall of Fame players

The strain becomes more than I can bear and I may occasionally be coerced into opening up a can of whoop ***.
I apologize never mean to make your job harder