Some Things Just Don't Register With Me. This is one of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
RENO, Nev. — One week after sentencing a man to 10 years to life in prison for sex acts with a 6-year-old girl, Washoe District Judge Brent Adams cut the sentence to a year in jail and five years of probation.

Adams cited a "mistake" on a clerical error in filing after he verbally sentenced Isaac Onsurez, 69, and electronically filed it with his signature the following day.

Several attorneys in the Washoe County District Attorney's office expressed disbelief and disappointment in Adams' change of heart. So did the mother of the victim in the case.

"It was the harshest sentence he could impose, and that was the justice we were looking for," said the mother, whom the Reno Gazette-Journal is not identifying per a sex crimes policy. "... then two days later we get a phone call."

When the prosecution asked why Adams changed his mind Wednesday in court just one week after he levied the maximum sentence, he said it was not his intention to sentence Onsurez to life with the possibility of parole in 10 years.

Deputy District Attorney Shannon Bryant, the prosecutor, said Adams informed him and defense attorney Richard Young last week that he changed his mind.

"We are very disappointed," Bryant said in a statement. "Our office marshaled a great deal of resources to prosecute this case and see it to resolution and we believe Judge Adams delivered the appropriate sentence a week ago on March 12. "The victim's mother's emotional reaction is understandable ... As I said earlier, the judge offered no explanation for why he changed his mind."

Adams did not return calls for comment, nor did Young.

Click below to read the entire article:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...mistake-in-child-sex-case-sentencing/6643517/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This petifile raped this 6 year old child over 100 times. OVER 100 TIMES..........

How in the world can this Judge change the, already overly lenient sentence from life to 1 year.

How does this happen? I don't have the words.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Drug offenders and animal abusers are filling up prisons no room for a criminals of that nature :confused:

I honestly think murder and child molestation should be the crimes punishable by death.

Bigdog

Reaction score
"Curiosity child that wanted sex" is what the perpetrator said. What 6 year old wants sex. I hope he meets some inmates and ask him if a 69 year old was curious that wanted sex and then show him. This SOB blamed the victim for what he did and said he couldn't help it. I understand that some perpetrators have been sexual abused themselves but it does not justify anyone to do this. Someone needs to break the abuse cycle.

burmafrd

Reaction score
not surprising. This same judge probably is a let em go Moe.

the idiotic arguement

"Better 1000 guilty go free rather then 1 innocent not"

completely ignores the future innocent victims of those guilty set free

Stupid judge is just making sure in 5 year or whatever annother child is assaulted and traumatized for life.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some things you just have to handle yourself when the justice system fails. Dad's, uncles, brothers, cousins, and friends should handle his sentencing and punishment on their own.

One thing I know is that the men in my family certainly would dish out some justice of their own.

Reading this story just bothers my soul...

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Onsurez can be very grateful that I am not in charge of his future.
First thing he would be castrated.
Then he would spend the rest of his days in an 8x8 cell, with a dirt floor, mattress on the ground, and a hole in the corner to relieve himself in.
One good meal a day, no books, no excercise.

Then we need to educate all young boys from 15-18 that this is what you can expect if you molest a child.

But we don't, .. we don't protect our children in America, and it is a crime.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. Even more disturbing is that offenders prior to 1999 were issued probation for this offense? He won't get justice while locked up, they always request segregation for that reason (unless a guard has been reached).

Last edited:

EST_1986

Reaction score
Some things you just have to handle yourself when the justice system fails. Dad's, uncles, brothers, cousins, and friends should handle his sentencing and punishment on their own.

And the messed up this is those guys would likely serve more jail time than this pervert

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Then he would spend the rest of his days in an 8x8 cell, with a dirt floor, mattress on the ground, and a hole in the corner to relieve himself in.

Then we need to educate all young boys from 15-18 that this is what you can expect if you molest a child.

In this case, the judge should be castrated and given the same punishment you described.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score

I would also like to add, .. that these pedophiles would never be allowed to be comfortable. Not torture, but always something to disrupt their comfort.

- damp clothes in a cold cell,
- or very hot in their cell,
- shower once a week,
- wake them ever hour, or hour and a half, .. never getting a solid night's rest
- give them milk a little spoiled, cold food, or maybe a little exlax now and then

They should never have a moment of extended comfort.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
The better question is why is there even jail time on the table for a pedo? They should be executed immediately. There is no reason, at all, for housing them in a prison. They're the lowest scum on the earth and they should be treated as such.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
The better question is why is there even jail time on the table for a pedo? They should be executed immediately. There is no reason, at all, for housing them in a prison. They're the lowest scum on the earth and they should be treated as such.

That works too, .. we all know there is no fixing, or rehabilitating them.

But I like for them to feel helpless and degraded the way they made the child feel.

It also wouldn't bother me if they let "Big Mongo" into their cell to have sex with them, .. all the time whispering in their ear, "don't tell anyone, this will be our little secret."

Stryker44

Reaction score
Its ridiculous and he needs to get more time.

Surprising that a 69 year old would even have a sex drive though.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Its ridiculous and he needs to get more time.

Surprising that a 69 year old would even have a sex drive though.

I think the crimes were committed over a 2 year period, .. in the late 1990's.

He would have been early to mid 50's.

BlindFaith

Reaction score

What if your brother or father did this? Would you feel the same way?

Status
Not open for further replies.