Some things never change

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And signed him to the practice squad. If he was mad that they cut him then he shouldn't have signed onto the Cowboys practice squad. Most practice squad players contracts expire at the end of the regular season. His did. Dallas wanted him back in 2009 after spending a year developing him, but he jumped ship. He is good, never been great. He is in a great situation.

We didn’t want him bad enough and he left for a better opportunity. He didn’t want to be stuck on a practice squad. Taken from the link I posted.

“Amendola was released by the Cowboys at the end of his rookie training camp, and he was signed to the practice squad where he spent the remainder of that season. The next season, after a run through training camp with the Eagles and a short practice-squad stay in Philadelphia, he was signed to the Rams active roster and has been an NFL regular ever since.”

foofighters

Reaction score
We have the best player personnel in football.Danny Amendolla is to small , too slow, no need to keep him and to think our coach is still around.It does wear on you doesn't you.
I don’t like Jerry or Jason but it’s posts like this as to why people dislike Cowboys fans. Every team loses players and some of those will do well at other places. Seriously, it’s gonna be ok.

joseephuss

Reaction score
With the 2010 Rams as the third receiver. They were a 7-9 team with a rookie Sam Bradford. He doesn’t play a position where you’re going to put up big numbers. He plays a role and plays it extremely well.

He was targeted the most on that Rams team.

I disagree completely. Wes Welker put up some pretty darn good numbers in 6 seasons with the Pats. Welker scored 37 receiving touchdowns over that time. Welker consistently eclipsed 1000 yards a season and over 100 receptions per season while in New England. Amendola was supposed to be his replacement for the Patriots. They certainly gave him more money than they were willing to give Welker. He has produced 12 receiving TDs with the Pats, hasn't come close to 100 receptions or 1000 yards.

joseephuss

Reaction score
We didn’t want him bad enough and he left for a better opportunity. He didn’t want to be stuck on a practice squad. Taken from the link I posted.

“Amendola was released by the Cowboys at the end of his rookie training camp, and he was signed to the practice squad where he spent the remainder of that season. The next season, after a run through training camp with the Eagles and a short practice-squad stay in Philadelphia, he was signed to the Rams active roster and has been an NFL regular ever since.”

Why do you assume he was going to be on the practice squad again in 2009 for the Cowboys? They had a plan to let him beef up and then compete for a spot on the squad. He was afraid of competition. He left and that article shows he is a big baby about it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He was targeted the most on that Rams team.

I disagree completely. Wes Welker put up some pretty darn good numbers in 6 seasons with the Pats. Welker scored 37 receiving touchdowns over that time. Welker consistently eclipsed 1000 yards a season and over 100 receptions per season while in New England. Amendola was supposed to be his replacement for the Patriots. They certainly gave him more money than they were willing to give Welker. He has produced 12 receiving TDs with the Pats, hasn't come close to 100 receptions or 1000 yards.

Walker was playing with Brady and was their most targeted receiver. Amendola was targeted a lot with the Rams because he could get open and was a security blanket for Bradford who was a rookie.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Why do you assume he was going to be on the practice squad again in 2009 for the Cowboys? They had a plan to let him beef up and then compete for a spot on the squad. He was afraid of competition. He left and that article shows he is a big baby about it.

You have to assume it, he was an undrafted free agent who didn’t cost the team a draft pick. If you have something better than an assumption provide the link.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Walker was playing with Brady and was their most targeted receiver. Amendola was targeted a lot with the Rams because he could get open and was a security blanket for Bradford who was a rookie.

Who has Amendola been playing with the past 5 years? He was supposed to be the guy getting targeted, but he wasn't good enough to handle the Welker role. If he was he would have produced some big numbers.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Who has Amendola been playing with the past 5 years? He was supposed to be the guy getting targeted, but he wasn't good enough to handle the Welker role. If he was he would have produced some big numbers.

I’m not going to spend all day arguing this. He’s a very good player but the sour grapes on this board are trying to spin he’s nothing more than average.

joseephuss

Reaction score
You have to assume it, he was an undrafted free agent who didn’t cost the team a draft pick. If you have something better than an assumption provide the link.

No, you don't have to assume he was going to be relegated to the practice squad again in Dallas. And even if he was, he didn't seem to have a problem signing to the Eagles practice squad after he was cut during the final cuts. He is being hypocritical. He bailed on Dallas.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No, you don't have to assume he was going to be relegated to the practice squad again in Dallas. And even if he was, he didn't seem to have a problem signing to the Eagles practice squad after he was cut during the final cuts. He is being hypocritical. He bailed on Dallas.

If you want to keep going provide a link. I’m certainly not going to spend all evening on this.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I’m not going to spend all day arguing this. He’s a very good player but the sour grapes on this board are trying to spin he’s nothing more than average.

Good or average, he isn't the difference between Dallas winning a Superbowl. Had they "kept" him, Dallas still wouldn't be hoisting a trophy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Good or average, he isn't the difference between Dallas winning a Superbowl. Had they "kept" him, Dallas still wouldn't be hoisting a trophy.

He’s a good player not average and no one said he would have been the difference in us hoisting a Lombardi trophy.

joseephuss

Reaction score
If you want to keep going provide a link. I’m certainly not going to spend all evening on this.

That is ridiculous. How can I provide a link when he was already gone just after the 2008 season ended? It is an impossibility. He didn't stick around. That is a fact. You say he didn't want to be on a practice squad again, but when he went to the Eagles he was on their practice squad. Don't need a link for those facts.

Dre11

Reaction score
With the 2010 Rams as the third receiver. They were a 7-9 team with a rookie Sam Bradford. He doesn’t play a position where you’re going to put up big numbers. He plays a role and plays it extremely well.
Still 85 catches and only 700 yards isn't impressive

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That is ridiculous. How can I provide a link when he was already gone just after the 2008 season ended? It is an impossibility. He didn't stick around. That is a fact. You say he didn't want to be on a practice squad again, but when he went to the Eagles he was on their practice squad. Don't need a link for those facts.

You’re wasting my time I’m getting back to the game. You can carry on without me.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Still 85 catches and only 700 yards isn't impressive

Neither is 19 career receiving TDs, which is what Amendola has produced. Cole Beasley for example has 20, which isn't that impressive, either. Beasely has played fewer seasons.

joseephuss

Reaction score
You’re wasting my time I’m getting back to the game. You can carry on without me.

I can see why your frustrated. You make statements about the position not being able to produce big numbers, but Wes Wekler proves that statement is completely wrong. And your trust an article where Amendola is clearly being hypocritical. Being on a practice squad makes him upset, but only on the Cowboys practice squad. He had no problems being on the Eagles practice squad twice. Enjoy the game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I can see why your frustrated. You make statements about the position not being able to produce big numbers, but Wes Wekler proves that statement is completely wrong. And your trust an article where Amendola is clearly being hypocritical. Being on a practice squad makes him upset, but only on the Cowboys practice squad. He had no problems being on the Eagles practice squad twice. Enjoy the game.

You’re the one who’s frustrated you’re just looking for an argument. I provided a link and you didn’t. You may not be interested in the NFC title game but I am. Go find someone else to keep you entertained. This thread was moved to the drama zone.

joseephuss

Reaction score
You’re the one who’s frustrated you’re just looking for an argument. I provided a link and you didn’t. You may not be interested in the NFC title game but I am. Go find someone else to keep you entertained. This thread was moved to the drama zone.

Here is your link. Dallas wanted him. He wanted to bail and he did so to join the Eagles practice squad at the end of the 2008 season and then he joined their practice squad again in 2009. He was a baby after Dallas gave him time to develop and bulk up.

https://www.vivathematadors.com/2009/1/5/710069/amendola-to-join-eagles-pr

Amendola to join Eagles practice squad: Wide receiver Danny Amendola will join Philadelphia's practice squad today, according to his agent, Tom Mills, after spending the season on the Cowboys' practice squad. The Cowboys had a seven-day exclusive negotiating period with Amendola close on Monday. The team wanted to sign him for the 2009 season, but Amendola was reluctant after not getting called up during the season. This is the third time the Eagles have gone after the Texas Tech product. They tried to sign him after the draft and then again after he was among the Cowboys' final cuts.