Some things never change

lostar2009

Reaction score
We have the best player personnel in football.Danny Amendolla is to small , too slow, no need to keep him and to think our coach is still around.It does wear on you doesn't you.

If I'm not mistaken Danny jump ship on this team. He knew he wasn't going to get a fair shake here.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We’ve got a better player than Amendola in the same mold already. Plus, Amendola wasn’t Amendola when we had him. And he got poached.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Amendola has a career high in catches and yards with the Rams in 2010. He caught 85 passes with the Rams that year.

Amendola had 689 relieving yards in 2010. How many Pro Bowls has Amendola been too?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken Danny jump ship on this team. He knew he wasn't going to get a fair shake here.

You’re mistaken he was released.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/www....tes-amendola-still-driven-cowboys-release?amp

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
How many Pro Bowls has Amendola been too?

How many third receivers make the Pro Bowl? He’s an excellent role player and a lot better player than an average player.

GenoT

Reaction score
Over the years, a lotta guys have looked good with Tom Brady throwing to them. Just sayin’.

And of course, if Amendola woulda ended up with Cleveland after his Rams stint, instead of NE, nobody here would remember his name...and we ain’t having this conversation. ;)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have the best player personnel in football.Danny Amendolla is to small , too slow, no need to keep him and to think our coach is still around.It does wear on you doesn't you.
I love these call out threads. Always wanting to throw shade at the Cowboys for releasing a player who actually performs in a game wearing another uniform. Here some knowledge for you.....Amendola only scored 2 times all year and had his 3rd highest yardage game of the year today. He also got extra looks because some guy named Gronk got hurt. So let's not make it sound like Amendola can walk on water or the Cowboys cut some 1400 yard and 12 TD guy.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
How many third receivers make the Pro Bowl? He’s an excellent role player and a lot better player than an average player.

He’s an average receiver who looks better than he is because Brady is throwing him strikes. Nothing wrong with that. He’s made the most of his talents which is great.

lostar2009

Reaction score
You’re mistaken he was released.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/www.nbcsports.com/boston/new-england-patriots/sunday-notes-amendola-still-driven-cowboys-release?amp

Yeah and he sign to the practice squad. That's when he left.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Quick! Find every player that is remotely successful that used to play in Dallas and make a thread about it complaining about them not being in Dallas anymore!

Dre11

Reaction score

So you just glossed over he was let go in Philly and St. Louis. So obviously he's benefiting from Brady as his qb. I swear you people really like to show your ignorance...lol

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
The Pats get gifted PI’s and no holding calls, the Jags switch to a soft zone to allow... oh wait this is about jag receivers looking special on 5 yd slants...:rolleyes:
All true. The Jags stopped being aggressive on both sides of the ball and that’s why they lost.

This will be the first Super Bowl and forever I won’t be watching. I don’t need to see another team “roll over and play dead” for the Cheatriots yet again.... not worth 4 hours of my time.

9of11

Reaction score
I think Danny Amendola has more superbowl rings and appearances than the Cowboys do since 1990..LOL!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He’s an average receiver who looks better than he is because Brady is throwing him strikes. Nothing wrong with that. He’s made the most of his talents which is great.

He put up almost 700 yards and had 85 catches in 2010 with the Rams. He’s a much better than average player. That TD he caught was a great catch.

Dre11

Reaction score

Plus it was Wade Phillips who was the coach when his contract expired.

Dre11

Reaction score
Amendola has a career high in catches and yards with the Rams in 2010. He caught 85 passes with the Rams that year.

85 catches and just 700 yards?...lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
85 catches and just 700 yards?...lol

With the 2010 Rams as the third receiver. They were a 7-9 team with a rookie Sam Bradford. He doesn’t play a position where you’re going to put up big numbers. He plays a role and plays it extremely well.

joseephuss

Reaction score
We let him go.

And signed him to the practice squad. If he was mad that they cut him then he shouldn't have signed onto the Cowboys practice squad. Most practice squad players contracts expire at the end of the regular season. His did. Dallas wanted him back in 2009 after spending a year developing him, but he jumped ship. He is good, never been great. He is in a great situation.