Some Thoughts about Lamb, Free Agency and Cutdown Day

fivetwos

Reaction score
Until things change, that is the way they team build. Draft, develop and keep their own free agents. Only see fa for minimum type players to fill in the gaps. Unless someone they hire, convinces them otherwise, they will stay the course. This tells me, Dak will be resigned and they will try to build around him. They will continue to throw darts at later round prospects like they did with Dak and Romo in hopes of finding his future replacement.
Agree that’s what they will do, and considering what things have become, it’s probably the best approach….but it’s far from ideal, and the depressing part is that it has proven to not work.

People can claim the “draft well” narrative all they like, but they have blown WAY too many picks over the last few years to use ONLY that to build a winner. They will need to be better or the lack of depth and/or supplemental players will be exposed in the end per usual…..but hey they ought to contend and sell tickets and merch.

Sorry but the GB debacle, coupled with the lack of doing next to nothing about fixing what went wrong, finally broke me as far as the blind squirrel faith with these two. They think they are good enough and just need better luck. That’ll get ‘em three more playoff wins in the same season. Sure Jerry.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Agree that’s what they will do, and considering what things have become, it’s probably the best approach….but it’s far from ideal, and the depressing part is that it has proven to not work.

People can claim the “draft well” narrative all they like, but they have blown WAY too many picks over the last few years to use ONLY that to build a winner. They will need to be better or the lack of depth and/or supplemental players will be exposed in the end per usual…..but hey they ought to contend and sell tickets and merch.

Sorry but the GB debacle, coupled with the lack of doing next to nothing about fixing what went wrong, finally broke me as far as the blind squirrel faith with these two. They think they are good enough and just need better luck. That’ll get ‘em three more playoff wins in the same season. Sure Jerry.
I don't disagree. It will take an experienced, veteran HC to change their mindset. Parcells changed a lot of how they run the team, especially their offseason program. Perhaps another HC with clout that they respect could change the way they view free agency and the trade market.

After all this has been said, their roster is very good and only a few plays away from being a legitimate contender. If they truly decide to go "all in" in 1 offseason, I think a Super Bowl is possible, but they have to take some risks with their cap structure.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I root for what's better for the team. I was simply referring to a player that was asked to take a pay cut, and his response. I'm saying your decision can be different, and you have a lot more options if you're already sitting on a lot of money. 20 million a year man shouldn't be asking 30k a year man if he'd take a pay cut. It makes him look stupid. Back in 2019 I came into some money, my wife retired, and I took a significant pay cut. Now all I do is watch you tube all night. Couldn't do it without that money.

I don't expect the players to care about the cap. But they should at least acknowledge that they have a direct impact on the cap, and not take things so personal.
Okay, but that's not how this started. You mentioned that players are either greedy or prideful for wanting max dollars. Either way, it doesn't matter how much players have when they ask about others taking a pay cut. They're making the same point I am that "regular people" operate the same way they do when it comes to getting what they can so who are they to criticize other than it's because they have a lot more?

Sure, players have more options with more money but can regular people really guarantee they wouldn't be exactly the same coming into more money? I'm not talking lottery found money, I'm talking while doing your job that you're among the best in the world at doing. Is it wrong to be proud of that? It's the epitome of earning your way. I think the thing that frustrates regular people is they'll never get that kind of opportunity in any capacity so then players operating with the same motivations they have are all of a sudden some moral failing (e.g., being greedy) to be some sort of equalizer. But even they know it's merely compensation. Hence the ruffled feathers anytime a player gets paid.