Someone isnt going to get another contract

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Take note of who truly spreads the "hate" around here, and uses the word in every post they make.

The problem is that they're clearly not smart enough to realize it.

You are not smart enough to know that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

You seriously got into it with me over a two day span because I supported Austin, and Rico. And this was before last season.

Then you went on a tear against other posters because you didnt agree with their support of certain players.

Pathetic!

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I say keep Dak, he won't kill our cap, send off a few known scrubs, take the savings and go buy some real fans...

That would just be wasting money. Then you are stuck with an inconsistent QB and new fans that cant help.

So glade you are not GM!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are not smart enough to know that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

You seriously got into it with me over a two day span because I supported Austin, and Rico. And this was before last season.

Then you went on a tear against other posters because you didnt agree with their support of certain players.

Pathetic!

You would have to cite those examples for me.

And before you try to use this act on me, try to realize that it wasn't you that I was talking about here. Unless you also bring the word "hate" into everything you post as well?

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
The 2016 draft was about as good a draft as any team could hope for. But when you hit on all those players eventually you have to pay them.

Not only that, you have players that are line for new contracts that will be asking for major $$$$. (D-law)

What big time players could yall see not getting another contract with the Cowboys?

Romo, Dez ;)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
At this point in time, I'm as sure as can be that David Irving is headed for the door with Cole Beasley also looking anxiously in that direction. Nobody knows if Sean Lee is destined to stick around or leave for greener pastures but his continued presence is pretty much in question, as well.

Last edited:

dallasdave

Reaction score
The 2016 draft was about as good a draft as any team could hope for. But when you hit on all those players eventually you have to pay them.

Not only that, you have players that are line for new contracts that will be asking for major $$$$. (D-law)

What big time players could yall see not getting another contract with the Cowboys?
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:The great question.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We're going to lock up a handful of guys who haven't won anything, as we did with Romo, Witten, Dez, etc..

If your goal is to not bottom out that's a fine strategy. It didn't get us over the hump with those guys.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
This. Another more talented QB on a cheap rookie deal for 4-5 years sounds good to me.
Ohhhh yeah because they're so incredibly easy to find...don't you know? Teams are just throwing away young talented QBs left and right. They're also drafting them left and right sooooo many quality young talented QBs around these days...I've honestly never seen anything like it, in fact there's so many quality young QBs that crappy QBs like Cousins are getting 30m+ per season.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
I say we keep Zeke, Dak, Coop, and extend Byron Jones, then and sign Earl, Eifert, and Tate..

Odd man out is Tank, but we could use that money on at least three very good players on the D-line..

Obviously, for feasibility, Sean Lee needs to take a pay cut or get cut so the numbers jive..