Someone isnt going to get another contract

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
This. Another more talented QB on a cheap rookie deal for 4-5 years sounds good to me.

This is the flaw in your logic. In the past, we've been known for almost drafting Manziel and even offering to give up one of our players or draft picks for Paxton Lynch. How did those QB's turn out? For every Watson and Mahomes in the draft, there is a Kessler and Lynch. We could end up with someone worse than Dak. Someone more injury prone than Dak. Someone with the same skillset as Dak but without the passion and confidence of the game. I ask, what do you suppose we do if we rid of Dak?

blumayne38

Reaction score
This is the flaw in your logic. In the past, we've been known for almost drafting Manziel and even offering to give up one of our players or draft picks for Paxton Lynch. How did those QB's turn out? For every Watson and Mahomes in the draft, there is a Kessler and Lynch. We could end up with someone worse than Dak. Someone more injury prone than Dak. Someone with the same skillset as Dak but without the passion and confidence of the game. I ask, what do you suppose we do if we rid of Dak?
Win without him

blumayne38

Reaction score
Ohhhh yeah because they're so incredibly easy to find...don't you know? Teams are just throwing away young talented QBs left and right. They're also drafting them left and right sooooo many quality young talented QBs around these days...I've honestly never seen anything like it, in fact there's so many quality young QBs that crappy QBs like Cousins are getting 30m+ per season.
Cousins isnt s crappy QB, and you saying that is why I dobt think you understand the game fully

conner01

Reaction score
In all seriousness I believe 10-15 is fair. Imo Dak still has more to prove.

And Jerry needs to stay in his lane. I trust SJ!
You gonna still trust him when it’s 20 mil?
It’s not ever gonna be 10-15

millennial_legend

Reaction score
Good question. Might depend on how we define “big time.”

I believe the FO would(?) put Dak, Zeke, Amari, Fredbeard, Martin, T-Smith, D-Law, Jaylon and LVE in the “big time” category. Also believe the above will all be, or are already being, paid big $$.

After that, I have no idea.
Gallup and Byron Jones are in the same league

millennial_legend

Reaction score
I say we keep Zeke, Dak, Coop, and extend Byron Jones, then and sign Earl, Eifert, and Tate..

Odd man out is Tank, but we could use that money on at least three very good players on the D-line..

Obviously, for feasibility, Sean Lee needs to take a pay cut or get cut so the numbers jive..
Agree on everything except Tate. Tate is washed up trash. Also, Lee should take a paycut, but he's worth keeping around if one of the star LBs misses a game or two here and there

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Win without him
No I mean in the retrospect of— who would be the new QB? Like I said, it’s not easy finding a QB. Mike White and Cooper Rush are worse than Dak, like it or not, and there aren’t many free agent QB’s. Drafting one is luck of the draw and considering we wanted Lynch and Manziel at one point, I don’t trust Jerry and the FO when it comes to QB’s. So please, answer my question. Who would be at the QB position?

CCBoy

Reaction score
At this point in time, I'm as sure as can be that David Irving is headed for the door with Cole Beasley also looking anxiously in that direction. Nobody knows if Sean Lee is destined to stick around or leave for greener pastures but his continued presence is pretty much in question, as well.

Beasley, Lee, Gregory, and Irving all getting help to placement of their baggage alongside the curb...that is serious change from the stronger elements being counted upon for team direction just last season. Kind of sobering...and disenchanting both.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Swaim isn't going to get another contract, he's not done any better than Jarwin, is older and has been injured.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Why not? They may be able to pass for more then 23 TDs.
Name all the QBs that have been able to throw at least 22 TDs in every season for their first 3 seasons? The list is very short and in fact only 3 QBs have done so.

Peyton Manning
Andrew Luck
..........can you guess the 3rd QB

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The 2016 draft was about as good a draft as any team could hope for. But when you hit on all those players eventually you have to pay them.

Not only that, you have players that are line for new contracts that will be asking for major $$$$. (D-law)

What big time players could yall see not getting another contract with the Cowboys?
La'el Collins