Someone should write a thesis

Hardline

Reaction score
Exactly why today we have the term FAKE NEWS as there is pretty much ZERO truth in any reporting. The only reporting done today is Opinion reporting, only the truly lost and helpless swallow it like the sheeple they are.
Todays media would rather influence opinion than report facts.
And the handful of real media is attacked because it doesn't tow the line.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
You can't go for a doctorate until you learn English.
But I will teach you English.
I don’t want to travel to Mongolia to learn you’re English :laugh:
Outer Mongolia ain't ner' nuff' far away enuff distance in escaping the verbally instilled worded wrath espoused from the @GimmeTheBall! ,my fellow gyrene of meanest green M-16 brother @Rockport ,,,for I'm of magnatudial fear the vowels,condiments & various other voiced verbal sundry proceedings from the incoming barrage of "Gimme's" tutelage , could quite possibly wreak insurmountable future prosed battle damage upon yer' razor edged honed persona,,,o_O

coult44

Reaction score
On how fans get their takes from the latest national media takes on the Cowboys. I mean there’s so much material just here on this forum. ESPN writes an article or one of the talking heads says Zeke should be an afterthought for the Cowboys. Within minutes, the usual idiots are here making threads. Some national talking head says Dak is inaccurate and until the day he’s gone, the usual idiot fans will be here saying how inaccurate he is. When he wins a Super Bowl they’ll just be silent and wait for the next national media take. If I wasn’t so old, I’d go for my Doctorates and study this phenomena.

Amber,it’s too early in the year for this stuff. The older you get, the worse your threads get. Everyone’s not an idiot because they disagree with you. How about you throw in some football insight once in a while so that we can judge you for what you know, rather than the hate you spew. The golden girl vibe you’re throwing out there right now is kinda old and tired now. Chilllllax , enjoy the season, and enjoy debating football and the Cowboys. If everyone had the same thoughts and ideas the world would be boring .

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
This forum is full of those seeking confirmation bias, from both the realists/haters and the rainbow pumping/"real fans".

If you hate Dat you see any article or comment from an ESPN talking head questioning Dak, you claim it as evidence that you are right.

If you defend all things Cowboys, you use articles showing the Cowboys in a positive light as proof that your worldview is correct.

It's a shame that people here won't listen to both sides of a debate and consider new ideas, opinions, etc. They just want to find something that validates what they already believe.

By the way, did any of you see the article that says Jeff Heath was one of the worst starting safeties in the NFL? It's all the evidence I need to prove that I was right about Heath all along. He sucks.
* another member of the offshoot clan of the Catfish sheeple tribe of Cowboy's Fandom, in swallowing the fictitious media ejactulate spewage over the LEGENDARY #38,,, hook,line&sinker:rolleyes:

:facepalm:o_O:facepalm:

817Gill

Reaction score
On how fans get their takes from the latest national media takes on the Cowboys. I mean there’s so much material just here on this forum. ESPN writes an article or one of the talking heads says Zeke should be an afterthought for the Cowboys. Within minutes, the usual idiots are here making threads. Some national talking head says Dak is inaccurate and until the day he’s gone, the usual idiot fans will be here saying how inaccurate he is. When he wins a Super Bowl they’ll just be silent and wait for the next national media take. If I wasn’t so old, I’d go for my Doctorates and study this phenomena.
It’s so crazy because you’d think only casual fans of a team would get all their info from headline grabbing news shows.

Guys these big national media shows that cover any and all sports topics do not dive deeply into their topics to research. Every time one of these shows comes on I find a factually incorrect statement, (for example last year Skip said Chido tore his hamstring and wouldn’t play the rest of the season, meanwhile he played later on in that same game).

These shows are entertainment not informative as you think. Even football focused shows like PFT can provide good insight but also be complete wrong about things

visionary

Reaction score

Mods, please create ‘Fantasy Zone’ and move this thread there

Thx

Sydla

Reaction score
Again, despite the whining, the national guys get a lot of things right. This notion that they are always wrong is just whining in the face of criticism of the Cowboys some of you simply can’t handle.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How does this differ from real life news? We even have news channels that cater to our predisposed political views to prevent us from thinking for ourselves and even considering the other side of an argument. Tell me what I want to hear and what I already believe.

This all began in 1960 with the election when TV net execs realized "we elected a President". That got massaged until later in that decade when the realized "we stopped a war".

They realized the power of persuasion and influence they had control over but there were still some from the era of news like William Paley that wanted the news department to be separate and answering only to the man at the top who would protect their independence and integrity. News mattered and it was reported as news not opinion shaping stories until they discovered they could speed the end of a huge mistake the people that ran the country had made and were just digging in deeper.

My Dad was a vet and a hawk but such was the appeal and unquestioned integrity of Walter Cronkite that he changed positions on the Vietnam war because Walter began to change from just an anchor in the news to the anchor of our collective conscience.

Most of these stories Rocky is referring to are opinions. Too many do not recognize them as that and far too many think these people have a more informed or valued opinion than their own when they stop to examine the facts and what they actually know.

We are nothing more than a microcosm of society as a whole. I am tired and my head hurts, won't you please do the thinking for me?

408Cowboy

Reaction score
1. It's a Dallas Cowboys forum where one should expect articles on any topic regarding them would be posted for discussion.

2. Hating on people that are using said forum for it's intended purpose is asinine. Some would even say idiotic.

3. You're whining...

Interesting how just the habitual whiners are criticizing the thread.
...and whining.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Let me know when an individual player wins a Superbowl. That will be truly impressive.

ShortRound

Reaction score
A Sliver Lining forum or thread would be a Ghost Town and this website wouldn’t survive without traffic to support the advertisers.

Social Media and forums like these traffic is driven by critics and negative satire. If all we had was some fans coming here to cheer on the team with “ how bout them Cowboys” we’d be bored.

There are some very good and informative discussions which take place once you get beyond the extremes from both sides. Unfortunately you must wade thru some and ignore others but it’s the sum that drives business here and most sites.

Good points...
Same analogy can be said with popular music, I don't understand people complaining about bad music nowadays.
Seek it out. There are good people producing good content, music, news, whatever.

If all you are reading is ESPN and Social Media, you deserve to be disappointed.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let me know when an individual player wins a Superbowl. That will be truly impressive.
Why haven't you heard, that's already happened. Brady just let Belichick come along for the ride home after the game.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good points...
Same analogy can be said with popular music, I don't understand people complaining about bad music nowadays.
Seek it out. There are good people producing good content, music, news, whatever.

If all you are reading is ESPN and Social Media, you deserve to be disappointed.
There it is! Stop complaining about the food you're being served and get off your butt and go find some better.

We have become a nations of complainers and whiners when we can all change the channel.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Outer Mongolia ain't ner' nuff' far away enuff distance in escaping the verbally instilled worded wrath espoused from the @GimmeTheBall! ,my fellow gyrene of meanest green M-16 brother @Rockport ,,,for I'm of magnatudial fear the vowels,condiments & various other voiced verbal sundry proceedings from the incoming barrage of "Gimme's" tutelage , could quite possibly wreak insurmountable future prosed battle damage upon yer' razor edged honed persona,,,o_O
Rocky, after Mongolia to figure out what Gimme is saying, suit up for a trip to Mars for Melon.

Duuuuuuuuuuddddddddde, it you ever decide to leave here, take me with you. I don't wanna stay here without you.

GMO415

Reaction score
Does it make you feel good calling people in here "idiots" or are you projecting?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You, good sir, are kinder than I.

Yes, I am.
I am being feted with the Good Neighbor Award tomorrow for meritorious service to Farmers Branch (Walmart gift card and a plaque!) and next week the local Bishop will place a crown of thorns on me and wash my feet. I must remember to get a pedi at the Lion's Den of Delight parlor!