Someone Tell Me What Witten Is Trying To Say Here?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I love witten the player, but their entire broadcast team is terrible.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
lol.
It's okay to recognize he's a great Cowboy AND that he sucks at his new job. Two things can be true.

Sorry Count but recognizing he is not good at his new job after 10 weeks is not the same as starting thread after thread mocking him.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Sorry Count but recognizing he is not good at his new job after 10 weeks is not the same as starting thread after thread mocking him.
I haven't seen thread-after-thread, maybe you're right, but this was a pretty big flub during the highest rated monday night game in history. A lot of people saw it, so it's gone a bit viral.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I haven't seen thread-after-thread, maybe you're right, but this was a pretty big flub during the highest rated monday night game in history. A lot of people saw it, so it's gone a bit viral.

I admit I am sensitive about it because Witt is one of my favorites......... to me it's just like someone mocking Roger or Woody or Romo

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
0,,~16950695,00.jpeg

Blake

Reaction score
I admit I am sensitive about it because Witt is one of my favorites......... to me it's just like someone mocking Roger or Woody or Romo

Witt sucks at broadcasting. He should be fired.

Blake

Reaction score
They would need to add subtitles.

Senior citizens everywhere will long for Pat and Madden, as they curse at this "new" broadcasting generation and the current state of our education system; that allows two seemingly illiterate bozos to have a career in the booth .

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
But I'm sitting here just laughing at my own bs line but it really would be so freaking entertaining. Saturday Night Live really needs to pick up on this for a skit
There's somebody already doing a Witten skit on a podcast or YouTube.

DsS2AY9WwAAPy8R.jpg

Alweezy

Reaction score
I've always considered it like this:

Tony Romo was the exception. But don't be confused. Romo also has Jim Nantz to navigate the show and give direction from within the booth so the entire product appears more polished.. Nantz sets up Romo well for a lot of his slam dunk analysis.

Also Tony should have had a more natural transition by default just based on our team dynamics.

Tony was the fun, hat backwards, charismatic guy, came from nothing, related to everybody and always sounded conversational in interviews. Witten was the opposite. Hard hat, lunch pail, 9 to 5 straight shooter. Didn't participate in pranks in the clubhouse. Business, corporate.. still a leader, but a different type of communicator.

There's no way ESPN could have thought a guy doing that role for 15 years would flip a switch and be good in the commentary booth without a veteran partner or some sort of improvisational skill. This is what you should get 10/10 when you put someone on Live TV with no script and ask them to wing it. It just seems like if they wanted to recreate the Romo magic, a guy like Booger McFarland was the true pick but they needed the former Cowboy "formula" to help their ratings and added Witten and this is the result of that decision.