Someone Tell Me What Witten Is Trying To Say Here?

mrmojo

Reaction score
Witten’s delivery is painful. But Joe T. and Booger are worse with irrelevant and stupid garbage. MNF is best viewed muted during the game.
That Joe T guy gets way too excited, thought he was gonna jump out on the field a few times....I just cant stand Booger what does he know about offense.. always cutting in....

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
MC7016.jpg

tenor.gif

mrmojo

Reaction score
Yogis Berra an Casey Stengel come to mind......maybe Jason's a genius with his "isms"....we just dont know it yet .

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Maybe Witten really isn't saying anything except that he's inexperienced and maybe even somewhat unsuited for the broadcasting vocation.

ESPN seems to be going the cheapest way possible to hire those somewhat uncomfortable in their commentator undertaking.

It'll take time for them to succeed or they'll be removed from their jobs. Be patient or ruin them; it's your option.

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That crew he's working with are inexperienced but affordable. He needs veterans around him to have a chance to grow into the position. I do not agree that he's made much progress but that game was a real test of any broadcaster and it was really easy to get swept up in it. Their problem was they let their delivery match the pace of the game and needed to back off at times.

ESPN is trying to salvage MNF, along with some other poor rights fees, and adding that goofy halftime musical number thinking that might attract more viewers. They did strike gold last night and lucky NBC didn't have the chance to flex it.

No NFL broadcast needs a three man show and they were fighting for attention because they knew they had the game of the year. The director is at fault, it is a chat fest and comes off very amateur. And McFarland brings nothing to the party at all.

Witten needs a savvy experienced play by play guy to guide him and calm him down. He's talking too fast and that's when he says some of those goofy things.

I think MNF is fine. I just think that ESPN shouldn't be airing it. I think that another channel like TNT would be better. In fact, I thought they SHOULD have kept MNF on ABC, but, when they switched it, I think MNF started to go down hill a bit. Switching it to TNT or TBS would be a good move, imo.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Maybe Witten isn't trying to say anything except that he's inexperienced and perhaps even somewhat unsuited for the broadcasting vocation.

ESPN seems to be going the cheapest way possible to hire those somewhat uncomfortable in their commentative experience.

It may take time for them to please or they'll be eliminated from their aspirations. We can either be patient or curse them.

Well, that's the bit of it isn't it? ESPN's more of a college football and basketball network. They're dreadful with everything else (though, they were decent with the World Cup in 2014).

fansince68

Reaction score
He may have pronounced the name perfectly using the players dialect.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not especially taken nor displeased with Witten's attempts at broadcasting. He's obviously no Tony Romo. Then again, I didn't expect him to be. He's surely not the clone of Howard Cosell, either, in terms of professionalism. I'll just take a wild guess that he'll either improve or ultimately get canned. Not everyone is gifted to succeed in that profession. Maybe he's simply proving as much, bless his poor, somewhat inarticulate heart. ;)

Last edited:

Mannix

Reaction score
------- I still don't think Witten is bad for a first year.

WoW.....really.