Something is a foot at WR

Rayman70

Reaction score
He is a faster version of the Beaze. Runs solid routes,great hands...and can pull away from defenders. He's more than a special teams weapon I feel. I even think from time to time he can play out wide.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
I disagree. They may have thought about it when Watkins was available, but that's no longer the case.

So, at this point, there are few, if any, options to replace Bryant.

If the plan was to replace him, that ship has sailed.

If we had his replacement on the roster he’d be cut but if you let him go without having your clear #1 we can’t cut him even if many on here honk he’s lost it. Especially with what some free agents have been signing for with way less productivity than him.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
With the recent news that Dallas tried to sign Sammy Watkins..

and failed..

WR obviously is a top priority for us.

This is a clear intimation DEZ is going to be cut.

What do you guys think?

I think with the decline of Dez Bryant it was to be expected that the FO had to make (and made) decissions.

They asked him to take a paycut. He declined. So the logical decission was/is to cut or trade him. They tried but coudlnt make it happen. Still this is a message regarding Bryant. Im curious to see what happens next.

I would try to draft a WR high and cut/trade Bryant in 2019.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Just sign Crabtree and keep Dez

That could be a possibility.

But do you think we'll be able to sign Crabtree after a statistical medicore WR like Watkins was out of reach for us ?
Crabtree had really constant and good seasons with the Raiders. He wont come cheap.

Id say if we get Crabtree we still have to draft a WR high because Crabtree will not be more then a transition. And if you dont want to use Dez as a transition for a new WR then you have to cut him.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Dak is ok, no problem with the deep ball. last season he had no one to throw it to, Dez was never open and dropped more than he should have. Also the "COACHES" could not protect him.
Dez can't create separation on the deep ball because he lacks the necessary speed. He is however good at manipulating the middle of the field and finding the open seem in the coverage.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it shows concern about Dez, and a willingness to move on from him if a high quality replacement were found, but I don't see them cutting Dez unless they find that kind of high quality replacement.

Verdict

Reaction score
Dez is not being cut, and if he was Sammy Watkins is not a we that could, nor could any rookie.
It's not to say they won't draft one because they probably will, but not to replace Dez this year.
Could you really imagine paying a rookie with Terrance this year?

There are 25 million arguments against your position.

Verdict

Reaction score
If we had his replacement on the roster he’d be cut but if you let him go without having your clear #1 we can’t cut him even if many on here honk he’s lost it. Especially with what some free agents have been signing for with way less productivity than him.

Dez isn't a number one. He's not even a number two (receiver). He might be a number two in other ways.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Obvious to me that this is the last year for Dez. Tried to sign Watkins. have met with what seems like every WR in the draft. And with that, I can see this being a bad year for Dez. He will mentally fall apart this year.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
Unless you think Watkins was a #1 we'd still be without a #1 WR. There aren't really any #1's in free agency.
yeah, I agree not much to work with. But having him working out of the slot may be good, who'll be on the outside tho?

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
What does it say about Williams future with the cowboys. No way they can pay that type of money to be a third wr if they indeed do sign another capable starting wr.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
What does it say about Williams future with the cowboys. No way they can pay that type of money to be a third wr if they indeed do sign another capable starting wr.
They are "only" thinking about having money to pay Dak and Zeke soon, making room. Yes, it's good to try and prepare for the future but at some point you need to think about the present. Especially with the way we've been since the early 90's, look at our post season wins since '94 or so, heck just ask the GOAT Jimmy Johnson. Have you noticed there hasn't been any comments from Garrett about FA, it's like he has no input and just coaches whatever JJ gives him?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I think with the decline of Dez Bryant it was to be expected that the FO had to make (and made) decissions.

They asked him to take a paycut. He declined. So the logical decission was/is to cut or trade him. They tried but coudlnt make it happen. Still this is a message regarding Bryant. Im curious to see what happens next.

I would try to draft a WR high and cut/trade Bryant in 2019.
I don't want to lose Dez.

I want the old Dez back.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I don't want to lose Dez.

I want the old Dez back.

I can understand your feeling. And i would love to have him back too.

But i think Dez Bryant is a WR who was great because of his physical talent. Its in decline and so is his play.
He may have another good season like alot of players have in their decline. But i think it is the time to say good bye to him. As much as it hurts.