Something is a foot at WR

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I understand what you're saying, but to be honest, I never want to see Green at tackle again.

I bet a lot of people feel that way. It's like eating back chicken somewhere. Even if there's new management, the body will still recoil.

Try not to despair when he's our designated swing T. They've got all offseason to fix him up, and make sure that they have. Another T this year to groom for swing after Green leaves is probably in the cards too.

Verdict

Reaction score
Same here, which is good I guess for continuity. Plus, I think it still opens the door for us to draft a WR mid round. That would give us a WR that can learn from Dez and eventually replace him while learning from Dez what it takes to be a physical wideout.

What could he possibly learn from Dez? Seriously? How to not be a professional who knows how to run a precise route?

How to melt down on the sidelines? How to make excuses? How to be covered by a single mediocre corner? How to throw everyone else under the bus? How to need a full time baby sitter? How to get sued over jewelry?

Seriously? Dez is a punch line.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ridley becomes an obvious choice.

If he drops as expected..

the Ravens appear to want him..

so we need to trade up before them.

We have the trade ammo to do this.
If Ridley is available at 19 the Cowboys should pass. So they really should not be trading up for him.

Swanny

Reaction score
With the recent news that Dallas tried to sign Sammy Watkins..

and failed..

WR obviously is a top priority for us.

This is a clear intimation DEZ is going to be cut.

What do you guys think?
No. I think they are looking for a 2nd guy. I mean come on Sammy Watkins is not on Dez level. I dislike Dez but Watkins is not there. If they were looking at Allen Robinson then I would think they were cutting Dez.

Shneek814

Reaction score
So who's the next best available so Cowboys don't have to draft a WR in the first round. However I wouldn't be mad about Sutton.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Seems likely to me that we'll draft a WR early-on and keep Dez at a lesser cost.

I can't help but believe Dez would be wise to come down some in his demands.

Hopefully, his agent might be smart enough to "keep it real" and be reasonable.

Last edited:

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Personally, I am hoping the Cowboys DON'T spend a high draft pick on a WR. I don't think the Cowboys WR corps is the issue. I think the QB needs to develop and get better.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
What could he possibly learn from Dez? Seriously? How to not be a professional who knows how to run a precise route?

How to melt down on the sidelines? How to make excuses? How to be covered by a single mediocre corner? How to throw everyone else under the bus? How to need a full time baby sitter? How to get sued over jewelry?

Seriously? Dez is a punch line.

Well, he is a physical player, but true enough about the character aspect.

cern

Reaction score
Personally, I am hoping the Cowboys DON'T spend a high draft pick on a WR. I don't think the Cowboys WR corps is the issue. I think the QB needs to develop and get better.
Both. And the offensive scheme.

sacase

Reaction score
All of you who think that Watkins would be signed to replace Dez are flat out nuts. Watkins has had one career 1000 yard season and hasn't done very well the past 2 seasons, but you want him over Dez saying Dez has been bad. Newsflash, Watkins has been worse, much worse.

DezNuts

Reaction score
It's not a Dez problem, it was a Dak problem. You think just because we get new receivers Dak is going to suddenly throw the ball better. He gave Dez no chance on half the balls he threw him last year, Dez was playing db half the time trying to prevent ints because of Dak. There's a reason he was the best in the league with Tony throwing him the ball. Now, I do believe Dak can improve but man some of the accuracy issues really scare me going into this year. Getting rid of Dez for Sammy Watkins would have been such an idiotic move. I don't get how the front office and some fans think Dez is an issue and turn a blind eye to Dak.