Something is a foot at WR

Verdict

Reaction score
All of you who think that Watkins would be signed to replace Dez are flat out nuts. Watkins has had one career 1000 yard season and hasn't done very well the past 2 seasons, but you want him over Dez saying Dez has been bad. Newsflash, Watkins has been worse, much worse.

The issue is salary cap. The numbers don't add up. Unless they thought they could sign Watkins for a package of chicklets they were definitely moving on from Dez if they signed Watkins. I don't care how you want to spin it. The salary cap indicates the truth of the matter.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dez is not being cut, and if he was Sammy Watkins is not a we that could, nor could any rookie.
It's not to say they won't draft one because they probably will, but not to replace Dez this year.
Could you really imagine paying a rookie with Terrance this year?

waving monkey

Reaction score
The office has issues with Dez. How big?
I hope its not a forced first round selection but the latest should be second.
Interesting off season

Hadenough

Reaction score
I dont think they are going to cut Dez now! He will get one more year and if things dont get a LOT better he will be gone. Not sure why Dallas would want Watkins he is pretty much a deep threat. Dallas needs a possession WR that will work the middle and run precise routes and has good hands. Daks not a deep ball QB!

Quickdraw

Reaction score
I dont think they are going to cut Dez now! He will get one more year and if things dont get a LOT better he will be gone. Not sure why Dallas would want Watkins he is pretty much a deep threat. Dallas needs a possession WR that will work the middle and run precise routes and has good hands. Daks not a deep ball QB!
Maybe they're looking for that deep threat in a speedy WR and looking to move Dez to more of a slot receiver. That would be the smart thing to do anyhow. He's much better (if he can catch what's thrown to him) across the middle finding the open spot. He's not a deep threat.

By the same token, Dak needs to get better with his deep ball touch as well.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I disagree. They may have thought about it when Watkins was available, but that's no longer the case.

So, at this point, there are few, if any, options to replace Bryant.

If the plan was to replace him, that ship has sailed.
For at least this season

Ddisco22

Reaction score
Maybe they're looking for that deep threat in a speedy WR and looking to move Dez to more of a slot receiver. That would be the smart thing to do anyhow. He's much better (if he can catch what's thrown to him) across the middle finding the open spot. He's not a deep threat.

By the same token, Dak needs to get better with his deep ball touch as well.
Dak is ok, no problem with the deep ball. last season he had no one to throw it to, Dez was never open and dropped more than he should have. Also the "COACHES" could not protect him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We are screwing up hanging on to Dez one more year...it we do. He has SOME trade value as of today...next offseason he will not. We already know how this will play out. Trade him now! Get a couple late round picks that can be conditional 3rds if he plays well.

Rayman70

Reaction score
we are short a receiver or 3 ...not just 1. Somebody on this roster has to step up.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Switzer needs to play huge and get more reps. Noah Brown needs to prove he can contribute more. Dunno what will happen with Brice yet. Dez should be long gone IMO. Finally...we must draft a guy that's an alph dog at wideout and this guy has to be a complete player. I think I would prefer Sutton over Ridley.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
we are short a receiver or 3 ...not just 1. Somebody on this roster has to step up.
I agree, if your number 1 can't get open and is no longer getting doubled the other guys got to do better. No one fears Dez anymore, maybe in the redzone.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
May have been mentioned on here but this WR coach's ties to Indy...could that mean a potential trade for Hilton? It was rumored he was available at the trade deadline last year. Although, I am not a Sammy Watkins fan, maybe this guy is steering them towards speed, for a change.

scottsp

Reaction score
I seriously doubt Watkins was ever an option here as much as the club wanted everyone *Dez's people in particular* to believe this was the case. It's a shame a more credible threat didn't exist, but so it with shoddy negotiating ploys.

Rayman70

Reaction score
MISSING ON WATKINS DOESN'T BOTHER ME AND IS A BLESSING. He flashes from time to time...but the money he demanded didn't match the production. It would have hand cuffed the team even further. Hilton? That's intriguing. A proven receiver that is capable of taking the top off the d... I would give up a 3rd for him in a heart beat. He's indy's number 1 receiver. He's played with highly questionable QB'S...even Luck. I'm not on the Luck train.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The staff may have showed interest but didn't want to pay out too much, not sure how that's a "fail."

Ddisco22

Reaction score
Switzer needs to play huge and get more reps. Noah Brown needs to prove he can contribute more. Dunno what will happen with Brice yet. Dez should be long gone IMO. Finally...we must draft a guy that's an alph dog at wideout and this guy has to be a complete player. I think I would prefer Sutton over Ridley.
I'd really like to see Switzer more involved in the offense