Something seems off with Parsons

jwitten82

Reaction score
Let’s see….he suffered what the medical staff thought was a neck stinger, needed an IV due to dehydration, and apparently has at minimum a high ankle sprain.

I think you caught on to something.
Lol oh yea, because this was the only game this year he's been unimpressive...and he wasnt too impressive before those injuries.

cmoney23

Reaction score
Even before the injury, he hasn't seemed like the previous seasons where he was wrecking havoc on olines. It seems like he's not as fast/explosion this year
I agree, this is going to sound silly... But he is missing tackles this season.

He was one of the most sure tacklers I'd ever seen... But he blew a sack against Watson and the Browns that he would never have missed before. Then, last night, he gets in the backfield, makes contact with the RB 3 yards deep, and gives up a 1/2 yard gain... And someone else has to bring him down.

Not serious things for a "normal" player but for Parsons! It's odd.

starfan1

Reaction score
Even before the injury, he hasn't seemed like the previous seasons where he was wrecking havoc on olines. It seems like he's not as fast/explosion this year
the scheme in which zimmer uses is different than quinn's but I happen to thing hes an over rated player. I hope hes alright though

Praxit

Reaction score
...yah, noticing same thing. The game is wearing him down, similar to Zeke.

From what it looks, he might another 3-4 yrs left. Have to move him around more, the DL play is using him up.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
He’s the center of focus for every offense. There isn’t any player other than him that scares defenses. Tank is past it and doesn’t require extra attention anymore. Micah is still blowing up plays, but it won’t be as often until some other pass rushers step up.

blueblood70

Reaction score
he was giving maximum effort kinda hard when you're being pulled down and tackled and grabbed and sometimes not only double the triple team that kinda wear on you mentally and physically..

I actually if you go back and look at every single snap you'll find out he's playing better than it looks I mean we're playing a lot of mobile quarterbacks we're playing a lot of teams that are willing to give up manpower to go after him that's a problem and we gotta get somebody else making plays where's all the other sacks and the pressures that we were getting from say lesser players last year this Sam Williams injury was much bigger than we thought and until Lawson gets into shape or whatever I think we need to bring in another pass rusher because right now we're kind of missing the other players that were on the other side that whenever the attention was being paid to Parsons you had Armstrong and Fowler and Sam Williams picking up those crumbs...

I've been hard on the guy too but I think you guys are out of line the more I watch him he's giving maximum effort but at some point a man can only take so much I mean look at the injury he was tackled he was falling upon the man's being held and abused and he's not getting a lot of calls the referees are allowing him to be grabbed pulled yanked to the ground I mean they missed 7 penalties in the Saints game one of them was MSmith was tackled and there was no calls, it's kind of hard to play defense when they're allowing all the holding on our team but look at all the holding calls and some of them are ticky tack against our offensive line...

I get the criticism but I think if you look closer and I tried to really pay attention to every one of his snaps last night he is giving all the effort and energy that you can get from a man he's just being neutralized because they don't respect any of our other pass rushers on the other side and I like tank he plays 3 downs very solid but I'm talking about having somebody and here's an idea they're gonna start needing to use Overshown as an outside linebacker the same way you use Parsons he has that same ability..

I know it sounds weird but overshone could play very similar to Parsons you need to start using him on the other side very much the same way on a lot of obvious passing downs and bring him off the edge or down through the middle but he needs to rush the passer more he's almost a clone of micha he's almost a clone of parsons IMHO with the speed, motor, and instinct.

something's wrong with DONO that's a fact

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Micah Parson feast when we can get up big on opponents and force them to go into passing mode. Teams are tiring him out by attacking him in the run game also. Also since the refs aren't going to call holding when he is being held the offensive lineman just put him in a choke hold which i see often.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Micah Parson feast when we can get up big on opponents and force them to go into passing mode. Teams are tiring him out by attacking him in the run game also.
And that's not on Parsons I get why we're hard on the guy because he talks a lot he's always in the media he has his little shows but you're right this is up to the defensive coordinator to find somebody else as a threat on the other side and down the middle and I think that might have to be over shown more safety and linebacker blitzes you need to get creative because they are spending sometimes two and three guys trying to keep Parsons at Bay and by the way a lot of those are illegal they are grabbing him they are arm barring him around his neck they are tackling him the injury came because he got tackled nearly got fell on by two guys whenever guyton fell on his guy you remember they called that a hold and they don't get give Parsons his flowers on the field they let him get absolutely illegally defended.. I'm not sticking up for the guy I can see where the blowback can come and why people would be hard on the guy but you said it this is not on Parsons he gave maximum effort last night his attitude was right they just were using two and sometimes three guys and they were holding him arm barring him pulling him from behind and there was no calls I mean in the Saints game that first big bomb he was held so bad how do you miss those calls and then call the ones you're calling on our offensive lines like something has to be done about it in the league or partisans will never be successful because they are taking his energy and momentum and his effort that he's given on the field away by the way they're defending him and some of it is penalties not being called...

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I don't think anything is wrong with him, I think a lot of the Parsons problem is that this defense is in week 4 and still has zero identity. 4 games and we have seen 4 very different game plans out of this defense. Nothing wrong with being adaptable, but you have to have some sort of consistency so guys understand their roles as well.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We are being completely outcoached on a weekly basis
Mike Zimmer was called in here to try to fix that debacle that happened in Green Bay the whole left by Dan Quinn using 1 little offseason with AGM that everyone in here says don't do enough in free agency didn't get enough impact players and he's now only four games in trying to figure out where the holes are with the Ron bland out and he didn't get the benefit of all those extra pass rushers that we gave up that went to I don't know Fowler and Armstrong went with Quinn Sam Williams gets hurt and now we brought all these St. guys in here and we're trying to work it out and it's taking some time for Mike Zimmer to get this right and I was hard on Mike Zimmer the first three games and the more I look at it you guys got Donovan Wilson destroying your games because he can't tackle and he can't cover and I think he needs to be pulled for Thomas but you look around Mike zimmer's gonna get this figured out..

I do agree that a lot of times we're being out coast I am not disagreeing with you but I'm telling you right now you're asking a coach to take somebody else's players and in my opinion worst players he does not have the depth he does not have the benefit that Dan Quinn had and he only has one offseason to try to fix it all and if these players can play like last night or better give more effort and play with more instinct than just do their damn job Mike Zimmer wouldn't look so bad last night was not on Mike Zimmer it was on booth and it was on Donovan Wilson it was on guys missing tackles and missing their reason where they were supposed to be but it was an improvement...

This was a short week on the road I guess a team that really wants to beat the Cowboys really bad and they did everything they could and they still lost we left plays out on the field you're right Mike McCarthy Mike Zimmer seemed to be out coached a lot but I think too much is being put on Mike Zimmer and I was one of them all week leading up this game saying he maybe he should be fired but now looking at the players themselves and taking a harder look at each play this is really on the players and he doesn't have as many good players as Dan Quinn had here as far as depth and rotation goes..

I mean we lost some good players that would help Micah Parsons situation I mean they don't even scared to put two to three guys on him every play..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't think anything is wrong with him, I think a lot of the Parsons problem is that this defense is in week 4 and still has zero identity. 4 games and we have seen 4 very different game plans out of this defense. Nothing wrong with being adaptable, but you have to have some sort of consistency so guys understand their roles as well.
Right he's the sole target and they're gonna do everything that can take him out of the game and they're not scared of anything else we're bringing that needs to be remedied but we lost a lot of players that were deaf that were pretty solid like Armstrong and Fowler and Sam Williams losses were a lot bigger than I thought,,, what I saw last night is Micah Parsons giving everything he had being held being grabbed being choked and he played very well it's just not showing up on the stat sheet the man's being abused and until they figure out a way to create holes and take advantage of the other team putting so much attention on Parsons in my opinion that needs to be overshown.

I see a lot of the same qualities and athletic ability and effort and drive and over shown that I see in Parsons and they need to start bringing him at the quarterback as well more often I know we need linebackers but they gotta find a way to start having him go after the quarterback and obvious passing situations like bookends you gotta find a way to put them together like on the same side or right over the center each and try to make them stop both those dudes at the same time and I'm not a coach but I was just thinking about that while I was watching the game last night by the way he got hurt because he was tackled how is the offensive line allowed to do that on their side and guidance getting called for ticky tack plays on the other side?

Havic

Reaction score
Not enough opportunities from being down big rather than the opposing teams offense trying to catch up. As a result, they play super conservative rather than with a sense of urgency. Scheme can also play a factor.