Something seems off with Parsons

blueblood70

Reaction score
He’s the center of focus for every offense. There isn’t any player other than him that scares defenses. Tank is past it and doesn’t require extra attention anymore. Micah is still blowing up plays, but it won’t be as often until some other pass rushers step up.
Right they put two or three players on him and then they know where he's coming from and just slide the blocking in the quarterback the other way as far as where the play's gonna go 'cause I already know they're gonna neutralize him enough somebody on the other side needs to take advantage of it they need to make them pay for spending so much attention on one player..

I'm as hard on the guy and on Mike Zimmer and all that but after watching the game last night they need to bring guys like overshone and get creative with the pass rush and getting some blisses and stuff coming off the other side and when we get there on bland back because that's another thing they just look for wherever diggs isn't and then he just go and throw the ball to the other side..

I believe Mike Zimmer will figure out this he's been here only four games he had one short off season and wasn't even given the talent that Quinn had the last couple years here as far as death goes there's just no answer when they start paying so much attention to Parsons there's no answers he will come up with some answers I believe first he was focusing on the run and now they just threw the ball to wherever gigs wasn't last night and took advantage of our lack of ability on the other side..

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Even before the injury, he hasn't seemed like the previous seasons where he was wrecking havoc on olines. It seems like he's not as fast/explosion this year
Football is a team sport and Parsons has no real talent around him in the front four. Teams have figured out how to scheme him out. I thought he played disciplined yesterday and played decent even though the stats say otherwise.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Football is a team sport and Parsons has no real talent around him in the front four. Teams have figured out how to scheme him out. I thought he played disciplined yesterday and played decent even though the stats say otherwise.
Yep.

I'm not a big Micah guy but he's a LB as the primary pass rush option, which is absurd.

Put him with a real DL and he would be extremely effective.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I think this business of doing his own workouts in the summer is garbage. He should be in the Dallas weight room with the team S&C coaches and his teammates.

And not sure why he lost weight either, but it's probably related.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He is not getting as much pressure as he used to. Make the scheme Zimmer is playing. He is watching plays go past him and needing to chase them down..

HungryLion

Reaction score
He hasn’t been as productive.

He also has practically no help.

Dorance Armstrong, Fowler and Sam Williams are gone from last year. Kneeland is a rook. Lawrence is a year old.

The offenses fear nobody on the DL besides Micah.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lol please, they show plenty of replays where he was getting handled one on one

After the Demarcus Ware era it became pretty obvious to me that Cowboy fans are basically clueless when evaluating Edge play.

We have the 2nd best defensive player in football.

Maybe focus your attention somewhere else. Parsons is the least of our problems.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Let’s see….he suffered what the medical staff thought was a neck stinger, needed an IV due to dehydration, and apparently has at minimum a high ankle sprain.

I think you caught on to something.
He's too small to be a full time defensive end. It seems like there's always something bothering him, especially late in the season. But this year his problems came much earlier than in past years.

It's not rocket science. His body is not built to take on 300+ lb guys every single snap.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He freaking skinny!

Maybe he is lighter this year than he has been, but during the charger game, he was standing 3 feet away from me.
I couldn't see his face.

I thought, that's gotta be a wide receiver. Who is it?
My son goes, that's Micah, Parsons Dad!
I'm like what?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The book is out on how to neutralize him. He’s not making as many plays as he did his first couple of seasons, especially the eye popping plays. He only has one sack in four games. He’s off to the slowest start of his career. He’s having a down year and he’ll be looking for around $40 million per next year. No thanks!

jwitten82

Reaction score
After the Demarcus Ware era it became pretty obvious to me that Cowboy fans are basically clueless when evaluating Edge play.

We have the 2nd best defensive player in football.

Maybe focus your attention somewhere else. Parsons is the least of our problems.
Second best? Id put Watt, Bosa, Garrett, above him