Something Weird Going On With ET

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Virtually every really good safety has signed but him.

Only two teams left that need a safety, Dallas and SF. However, reports are SF has not contacted or spoken to ET or his representatives. Teams are avoiding ET like he has the plague. Only three logical explanations.

1. ET has such crazy money demands nobody is even bothering, but reports are he wants $14 a year which is not that much more than what some others got.

2. ET injury history is scaring teams off. This doesn’t really jive since his injuries were bone breaks and not soft tissue. There should be no increased risk involved since broken bones actually get stronger when they heal.

3. He has the parameters of a deal in place with Dallas already and he is shopping it around. Teams know any offer they make he will just take back to Dallas to match so they are just not bothering. Teams are not stupid and don’t like be played with.

I think number 3 is the most realistic scenario right now in all honesty. Makes the most sense.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think it is simply that his demands are too high given his age and coming off a leg injury. Teams want more of a sure thing and certainly don't want to pay for risk like that.

So he sits and waits. Eventually, some team, after the dust settles will make him a one or two year deal with a decent amount of money like $12MM per that he'll take while we sit on our thumbs thinking that our 3 years, $26MM contract will get accepted by him.

JBS

Reaction score
those aren't the only options..and 3 isn't realistic anyways..teams don't care and would be willing to play that game..they do it with every free agent on the market..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Virtually every really good safety has signed but him.

Only two teams left that need a safety, Dallas and SF. However, reports are SF has not contacted or spoken to ET or his representatives. Teams are avoiding ET like he has the plague. Only three logical explanations.

1. ET has such crazy money demands nobody is even bothering, but reports are he wants $14 a year which is not that much more than what some others got.

2. ET injury history is scaring teams off. This doesn’t really jive since his injuries were bone breaks and not soft tissue. There should be no increased risk involved since broken bones actually get stronger when they heal.

3. He has the parameters of a deal in place with Dallas already and he is shopping it around. Teams know any offer they make he will just take back to Dallas to match so they are just not bothering. Teams are not stupid and don’t like be played with.

I think number 3 is the most realistic scenario right now in all honesty. Makes the most sense.

I'm hoping for option 3, but I think it's option 1.

I think his current demands are SKY HIGH.

cowboys1985

Reaction score
Yeah and it's not like Thomas is asking for a crazy long term deal. 2 years for a 29 year old isn't bad at all. With the money being spent on Safeties this FA, his demands aren't that out of touch. My guess is his agent is telling him to be patient and some team with cap space that missed out on FAs will bite big time.

Rayman70

Reaction score
interior dline needs addressed in free agency,period. THEN sign ET. We been ignoring both positions now for 15 years easily..

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
History tells me if the Cowboys this franchise wants somebody they pulled the trigger. If we haven't signed him yet we're not going to. That's my opinion

EGTuna

Reaction score
Landon Collins's deal is really 3y/35m (11.6666m per year), so Thomas wants 2y/30m. Maybe he'll settle for 2y/28. But Dallas seems intent on not spending more than 9m py, So...I don't see it happening.

conner01

Reaction score
I think it’s a combination of all 3
He’s older and coming off injury
He’s asking huge money
Everyone knows we want him but aren’t paying his price so everyone knows it’s gonna cost more

Rayman70

Reaction score
yay...we have Heath,Darian Thompson,Jameil showers and Kavon Frazier,Woods. lmao...NONE of which should be fulltime starters. NICE ROLE PLAYERS.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Let's just pull together and sign ET plus all our guys!!
a7937d600957f4f19eb490d516e9d429

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's not weird, it's just a deep FA group for safeties. That's it.

Thomas will soon get signed and will get a good payday. We have Heath, it's all good.
Jeff Heath is a football player. You need 75% of your team with guys like him. We only need a few money Players. The Patriots have been great for so long because they're loaded with football players. When a player wants that big contract it's see you later