Something weird is going on

chuck520

Reaction score
They're done with the Dak era and it's pretty evident next season is a rebuild year.
The only reason they didn't fire MM is he's pretty good at developing a young QB like Trey.

I agree with their tactics and it's about time they man up and stop pampering these guys as most of them have gotten their big bags and done squat!

If McCarthy is able to develop Trey into a good QB does that mean he gets an extension? If he does develop him into a good QB why would you fire him?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If McCarthy is able to develop Trey into a good QB does that mean he gets an extension? If he does develop him into a good QB why would you fire him?
I agree....................

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But why August?
It's a Dak fantasy plan with absolutely no basis or reasoning behind the statement.

Hey, it's March 13th, and NO Dak extension!!!!

What do you know Joe there is HOPE after all!!!!!!

Chasing6

Reaction score
And how is he going to do that?

You think McCarthy is going to bench Dak on the last year of his contract, a prove it year? He is going to gamble his job on Trance?

It has already been announced that Trance will be competing with Rush for the back up job.

You think Trance is going to prove something in preseason to save McCarthy's job?

chuck520

Reaction score
And how is he going to do that?

You think McCarthy is going to bench Dak on the last year of his contract, a prove it year? He is going to gamble his job on Trance?

It has already been announced that Trance will be competing with Rush for the back up job.

You think Trance is going to prove something in preseason to save McCarthy's job?
If he's the next QB wouldnt you want to keep McCarthy to develop him instead of hiring another HC? McCarthy has a proven track record as a HC, a new HC may not even want him as QB then what?

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Am I the only one thinking that even Booger and Chuckles can't be this stupid, and that there has to be some kind of plan that we aren't seeing. What is going on with all the Coaches contracts, Dork, and the passing on FA's sure has all the signs of a fire sale. If Booger has decided to blow it up and start over, I'd actually have a "little" respect for him....but if he and Chuckles actually think that what they are doing is a winning formula, than they both deserve the 0-17 season that some of us are already praying for. Am I alone on this? Maybe they both are just panicked and feeling overwhelmed....so NOTHING is getting done....I dunno. WEIRD is the only way I can describe it.

Eisen can't figure it out either.

Jones is too old to blow it up and start over

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If he's the next QB wouldnt you want to keep McCarthy to develop him instead of hiring another HC? McCarthy has a proven track record as a HC, a new HC may not even want him as QB then what?
This is actually a sneaky good argument. Not saying it wouldn't be a massive risk for McCarthy but what does he have to lose? Does 10 wins and a playoff loss with Dak get him an extension? I would doubt it. If McCarthy wanted to play Lance would fewer wins but progression during the season get him an extension? Maybe?

If McCarthy did go with Lance he may oddly have a better chance of keeping his job just because of lower expectations. Not sure if thats how Jerry would view it or not though.

75boyz

Reaction score
I think more of the same is going on.
I think the Joneses are gonna pay Dak, CD and Micah and run with that as their marketing strategy.

All the rest of their standard operating procedures will remain intact towards roster building.

Meaning: Draft and develop/We like our guys approach remains.

FA acquisition will still be scarce or low impact types as the cap pie has been allocated to those 3 contracts along with a couple others they've already paid.

jmo

Chasing6

Reaction score
If that was the case, he would not be on a 1 year deal.

You are also assuming McCarthy wants Trance as his QB. If you recall this was 100% GM Jeruh decision, without input from his HC, or from anyone for that matter.