Something weird is going on

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree...this is exactly what they do. But something is different this time around. Because nationally, this is more embarrassing than the Green Bay loss....if that is possible.
Maybe it’s just me but it’s exactly the same. Who did they sign day 2 of last year?

Ken

Reaction score
Guys...

Player aquisition is a 365 day a year job. - Stephen Jones

*except first week of FA where they go on vacation.

kevm3

Reaction score
This is why you get a real GM. If you are trying to rebuild, you don't sit around and wait for contracts to expire and get no real compensation for your players. We're literally going to trot out a weaker version of last year's team and possibly try to tank but get nothing when Dak, CeeDee and Micah leave. Then we're going to reward our new QB with no O line, no real runningback, depleted WR talent and a weak defense and wonder why he's not taking us to the superbowl.

conner01

Reaction score
Am I the only one thinking that even Booger and Chuckles can't be this stupid, and that there has to be some kind of plan that we aren't seeing. What is going on with all the Coaches contracts, Dork, and the passing on FA's sure has all the signs of a fire sale. If Booger has decided to blow it up and start over, I'd actually have a "little" respect for him....but if he and Chuckles actually think that what they are doing is a winning formula, than they both deserve the 0-17 season that some of us are already praying for. Am I alone on this? Maybe they both are just panicked and feeling overwhelmed....so NOTHING is getting done....I dunno. WEIRD is the only way I can describe it.

Eisen can't figure it out either.

This looks like blow it up. But they aren’t even good at blow it up. If you are gonna blow it up you start dumping guys coming up on contracts for picks to get cheaper, hopefully great players. But we just watching the world go by lol

sdfidaho

Reaction score
Am I the only one thinking that even Booger and Chuckles can't be this stupid, and that there has to be some kind of plan that we aren't seeing. What is going on with all the Coaches contracts, Dork, and the passing on FA's sure has all the signs of a fire sale. If Booger has decided to blow it up and start over, I'd actually have a "little" respect for him....but if he and Chuckles actually think that what they are doing is a winning formula, than they both deserve the 0-17 season that some of us are already praying for. Am I alone on this? Maybe they both are just panicked and feeling overwhelmed....so NOTHING is getting done....I dunno. WEIRD is the only way I can describe it.

I agree that it is weird.

It was weird (and not surprisingly stupid) when Booger said they are going “all in.” Just keep your mouth shut and do what you’re going to do.
Now they are sitting on their hands like they always do. So why make the statement? That’s what makes this weird.

Is Eisen’s take correct? Starting to look that way. If so, stupid of Jerry to call it out without clarification to the fans if he cared about them. Which, of course, he’s proven by his actions over and over that he does not.

Weird

Big_D

Reaction score
I wish there was some kind of excuse but they're just this bad.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
As long as they are still being called America's Team. And they are the most high profile sports team in the world, winning because 2nd. I usually don't panic but when you say "All In" and you sit on your wallet, then his "All In" is not all in. Stop going to games. Support from afar. As long as Jerry is selling out, winning is not as important to him.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
They created this mess and will create a new one too. Wait until the Lamb and Parsons contracts (though I am convinced Parsons is not here long term). Hold out, the traded in a year or so.

Mannix

Reaction score
This looks like blow it up. But they aren’t even good at blow it up. If you are gonna blow it up you start dumping guys coming up on contracts for picks to get cheaper, hopefully great players. But we just watching the world go by lol
For those that live in the Dallas area, Norm Suju and Rick Sund both told us 30 years ago that the Mavericks were going to make a "conscious" effort to be "bad", to speed up the process of getting "good" again....it never happened, because the were BOTH boobs. *** See Booger and Chuckles***

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Nothing is going on. They don't want to pay Dak Prescott. They didn't want to pay him the first time so they franchised him twice. That showed they don't believe in him. Their whole thing with Dak has been, "we let you play QB for the Dallas Cowboys, now go fix it." They never treated Romo like this. They paid Dak once, but they didn't want to.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Stopped reading at Dork. Grow up.

Havic

Reaction score
This last season was the all in year, we gave up draft picks for players and came up short. This year is a rebuilding year.

Mannix

Reaction score
Stopped reading at Dork. Grow up.
I'm probably the 5th or 6th person today to tell you in the past few days, that you are not the judge and jury here...nor do you have the right to tell anyway how to act, or what they can or cannot say. If you have an issue with me, send me a direct message....it doesn't belong here day after day....sometimes, hour after hour.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
its part of their plan.

If they don’t restructure, they dont need to sign. They are in compliance with being under the cap.

Theyll extend Dak in August and call it a win
No need to extend Dak.

The damage is done.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm probably the 5th or 6th person today to tell you in the past few days, that you are not the judge and jury here...nor do you have the right to tell anyway how to act, or what they can or cannot say. If you have an issue with me, send me a direct message....it doesn't belong here day after day....sometimes, hour after hour.
Grow up.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
What’s different? This is par for the course….
The difference is they usually say "we like our guys" and hand out new extensions to their current free agents and, in most cases, vastly overpaying.

That is what they normally do, this is different.....................they are just gutting the roster and not even signing their own anymore..............they have really never done this.

There is absolutely no way all these departures can be filled with just draft picks, its impossible.