Something you do that annoys, well, even yourself

kskboys

Reaction score
I procrastinate until the last second sometimes.

I hoard. Not things like cardboard boxes or newspapers like a classic hoarder, but worthless things like pictures and apps on my phone I don’t need. Clothes that don’t fit. I guess I’m a millennial hoarder.

I try to blame this on mental issues, but I say things I don’t mean sometimes that I regret. Either mean things, or lies. I’ve flat out lied to people on this forum before, God forbid real life. Unfortunately I don’t really know I’m doing it until it’s too late. Medication and therapy have strongly helped with that. I am ashamed of the person I’ve become.

I drink far too much. I do drugs.

I’m a huge germaphobe and wash my hands at least 50 times a day.
I think you should get help. Saying that in a caring way, absolutely no sarcasm or anything.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I've started to procrastinate, and as a project manager that is a serious delinquency on my part. I worked through the Independence day holiday because of that. I completed a 40 page report I should have done a month ago. Luckily the government accepted my first draft. This used to never happen with me. I was always on point on doing my job. Not so much anymore.

I cannot take stress anymore. It doesn't matter if it's minor or major. I freak out. In my lifetime I've been deployed all over the world and I had tons of responsibilities thrown at me and had to deal with death and I was able to handle it without much conflict internally. Since I've retired from the Air Force and became a project manager I've done over 180 projects with prices ranging from $10k to $1 million over the years, and again without much thought into it. The last year I just can't tolerate it anymore.

Because of this I drink too much to calm myself. I don't do drugs because I'm subjected to random drug tests.

I'm too young to retire (thanks to my ex-wife) and too old to start over. I make too much money to leave.
Procrastination is a form of self-sabotage..the best way is to break your task to smaller tasks with deadline for each.. never wait until everything is perfect there is no such thing

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Procrastination is a form of self-sabotage..the best way is to break your task to smaller tasks with deadline for each.. never wait until everything is perfect there is no such thing
I agree it's a vicious cycle. I procrastinate because I know the stress will overwhelm me, and knowing I'm not doing it the stress builds even more. I hate it.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If the Cowboys are playing poorly and behind in the game in the second half, I complain they're going to lose. Don't quit watching, don't give up on the team, but I make comments like "well this one's a loss". Ought to just watch the game and see what happens.

Didn't do that when Roger was playing, but he's been gone since 1980...

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score

I hoard. Not things like cardboard boxes or newspapers like a classic hoarder, but worthless things like pictures and apps on my phone I don’t need. Clothes that don’t fit. I guess I’m a millennial hoarder.

I try to blame this on mental issues, but I say things I don’t mean sometimes that I regret. Either mean things, or lies. I’ve flat out lied to people on this forum before, God forbid real life. Unfortunately I don’t really know I’m doing it until it’s too late. Medication and therapy have strongly helped with that. I am ashamed of the person I’ve become.

Most sanitary agents are cancer accelerants. They don't cause cancer but they aid carcinogenic materials. Besides your finger prints are an antibacterial surface. Bacteria grows or expands in a circle. The rise and fall portions of your fingerprints prevent their spread. So the end up fighting one another for supremacy, and killing each other. Think about it, your neanderthal brothers and sisters survived without ever washing their hands.

As far as the drug use goes, you need to open and honest about it with the people that love you. If you can tell a bunch of strangers then you should be able to tell your family. If you can't do it in person then mail them a letter. But the best way to get pass drug addiction is to ask for help. Most people hide their addiction, because they're ashamed of it. But if you keep hiding it you'll keep doing drugs. Admitting there is a problem is the first step to solving the problem. And if you can freely admit it to use then you can admit to those that can help.

GOOD LUCK !!!!!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This saddens me as I had no idea you were fighting demons.

It is a four step process.
First step, recognize your demon(s). Know it for what it is and what it's intentions are, to destroy you. If you are ashamed of the person you've become, it's already done some damage but the good news is that you recognize that so know you are better equipped to face it.
Second step, fight your demon because it must be defeated, it gains strength even if we do nothing because it loves to feed on that which weakens us.
Third step, once you begin to fight it, do not let your guard down or think it is gone. You have to kill it. And most do not die easily.
Fourth step, regain your self value and know you took charge because becoming a victim of the demon is the easiest path to slip into and begin the spiral.

bbic, I know you lied to us because you said Ed Sheeran was your favorite and he's nobody's favorite.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
This saddens me as I had no idea you were fighting demons.

It is a four step process.
First step, recognize your demon(s). Know it for what it is and what it's intentions are, to destroy you. If you are ashamed of the person you've become, it's already done some damage but the good news is that you recognize that so know you are better equipped to face it.
Second step, fight your demon because it must be defeated, it gains strength even if we do nothing because it loves to feed on that which weakens us.
Third step, once you begin to fight it, do not let your guard down or think it is gone. You have to kill it. And most do not die easily.
Fourth step, regain your self value and know you took charge because becoming a victim of the demon is the easiest path to slip into and begin the spiral.

bbic, I know you lied to us because you said Ed Sheeran was your favorite and he's nobody's favorite.

Thanks bro. I appreciate it.