Sooner Boomer

uvaballa

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how your #23 rd ranked Tigers do against a hapless 6-6 OK St from the Big 12 arena league:)
Honest question, do you think B12 of Pac12 wins a championship in the next 5 years? Are people on the west side of the country even watching the college football championships right now?

College football is kind of bad right now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Honest question, do you think B12 of Pac12 wins a championship in the next 5 years? Are people on the west side of the country even watching the college football championships right now?

College football is kind of bad right now.
I think College football is great. Except for Cowboys game I enjoy Saturday’s more than Sunday’s.

And yes , there’s always a shot in a one elimination game scenario.

uvaballa

Reaction score
I think College football is great. Except for Cowboys game I enjoy Saturday’s more than Sunday’s.

And yes , there’s always a shot in a one elimination game scenario.
Too many blowouts in the big games for me. I like the competitive NFL playoffs. SB's have been better than the NC's lately too.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Too many blowouts in the big games for me. I like the competitive NFL playoffs. SB's have been better than the NC's lately too.
I’m talking about the weekly games. I love the college rivalries , the tradition and following my alma mater, my wife’s and family members.

And so many more games to watch on Saturdays.

I like them both much like I follow HIgh School football too and many of the kids thru college.

I’m a football nut!!

But the older I get the more I’m turned off by professional sports. MLB completely bores me and NBA until the playoffs.

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kid had over 400 combined yards of offense vs the famed vaunted sec bestest defense ever Alabama.

You obviously don't follow Alabama real closely. This is the worst defense they have put on a football field in the last 5 years. Replaced all 6 DBs from last season. All credit to OU and Murray for not giving up at 28-0.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Much respect to Okie Light offense but that d is terrible....Mizzou run game is solid.
I think what most under estimate about the Big 12 is their prolific offenses are a contributing factor why their defenses statistically don’t measure up.

Their offensive talent continues to be be drafted highly most years in the NFL.

Two of the brightest young QB in the NFL today are from the Big 12 as are many wide receivers along with back to back Heismans.

Personally for me I find it a very enjoyable watch but then these are the schools I grew up watching which I attended , my wife attended and much of our family.

The Big12 is illustrating again this year in the Bowls they can hang with the more powerful conferences with greater defenses putting up points and even make some stops as they did against your Tigers.

And there’s still some strong Defense being played by TCU and Texas for example. The Frogs are usually in the upper tier in the nation and Texas turn around this year was led much by their defense.

I like the fact the top recruits at QB and receivers are wanting to come to the Big 12. I think it makes for an exciting brand of football entertainment and can still be competitive on the national front.

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
I think what most under estimate about the Big 12 is their prolific offenses are a contributing factor why their defenses statistically don’t measure up.

Two of the brightest young QB in the NFL today are from the Big 12 as are many wide receivers along with back to back Heismans.

Personally for me I find it a very enjoyable watch but then these are the schools I grew up watching which I attended , my wife attended and much of our family.

The Big12 is illustrating again this year in the Bowls they can hang with the more powerful conferences with greater defenses putting up points and even make some stops as they did against your Tigers.

And there’s still some strong Defense being played by TCU and Texas for example. The Frogs are usually in the upper tier in the nation and Texas turn around this year was led much by their defense.

I like the fact the top recruits at QB and receivers are wanting to come to the Big 12. I think it makes for an exciting brand of football entertainment and can still be competitive on the national front.

I enjoy watching Texas and Tech play tbh

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score

I did pull for Ou . I dislike bama

Diehardblues

Reaction score
million dollar question.
way too early but Im pullin for Connor McGinnis...6-4...local kid from here in Okc...was a R-Jr this year.
Spencer Rattler is intriguing...but that's a big move to go w/freshman.
It’s why I think next year could be the Horns year.

joseephuss

Reaction score

I disagree and so does the NFL. They are not drafting Big 12 defensive players. They really aren't drafting that many Big 12 players in general. The Big 12 is lagging behind the other Power 5 conferences in number of players drafted the last several seasons.

I assume you are talking about Mahomes and Mayfield as the two brightest, young QBs in the NFL. It looks good for the conference that they were both drafted in the first round of consecutive drafts; however, they were the only Big 12 players taken in the first round of their respective drafts. That is not a good trend. There are several schools that have had more than 2 players drafted in the past two drafts.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My Sooners came up short...but still a helluva season.
Now...lets fix that D!!!!!

I think OU can be proud of finishing as one of the top 5 teams. They never rank that high in recruiting. So, in my opinion, they punch above their weight.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree and so does the NFL. They are not drafting Big 12 defensive players. They really aren't drafting that many Big 12 players in general. The Big 12 is lagging behind the other Power 5 conferences in number of players drafted the last several seasons.

I assume you are talking about Mahomes and Mayfield as the two brightest, young QBs in the NFL. It looks good for the conference that they were both drafted in the first round of consecutive drafts; however, they were the only Big 12 players taken in the first round of their respective drafts. That is not a good trend. There are several schools that have had more than 2 players drafted in the past two drafts.

Bingo. Mayfield was the only player drafted in round 1 last year from the entire conference. Round 2 only had 2 Big 12 players. None of them on defense ......as a conference, not a lot of elite NFL prospects particularly on defense.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I didn’t say they were drafting defensive players.

And I didn’t say they were drafting more players from Big 12. With the smallest of the Power 5 conferences it’s been greatly reduced over the years.

Last edited: