Sooner Boomer

joseephuss

Reaction score
I didn’t say they were drafting defensive players.

And I didn’t say they were drafting more players from Big 12. With the smallest of the Power 5 conferences it’s been greatly reduced over the years.

I didn't claim you said either of those things. You said the defensive problems were more a product of the Big 12 offenses being so good. If that were the case then the NFL would still be drafting defensive players knowing there could still be good players going against top offensive systems. That isn't the case. The NFL really isn't drafting Big 12 players in general and it isn't just because the conference has fewer teams.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I didn't claim you said either of those things. You said the defensive problems were more a product of the Big 12 offenses being so good. If that were the case then the NFL would still be drafting defensive players knowing there could still be good players going against top offensive systems. That isn't the case. The NFL really isn't drafting Big 12 players in general and it isn't just because the conference has fewer teams.
That’s your interpretation from my comments.

I wasn’t saying that Big 12 defenses were good but simply their low rankings were contributed by their prolific offenses.

During these last 4 years Texas was down which also effected less players being drafted from Big 12 along with less teams.

Big 12 or Little 10 conference as we call it is always stronger when Texas and OU are national contenders. And Horns appear to be on the rise .

Last edited: