sopcast help

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
can anyone walk me through how i can download sopcast so i can possibly watch the game tomorrow?

thanks for any help.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Just download the free player. Install it.
http://www.sopcast.com/

Then Sunday when a game starts, click any of the sopcast links here...
http://www.myp2p.eu/NFL.htm

The player will come up and a window will open with the game (click the login as anonymous). Usually it buffers and takes a few seconds.

lane;1675905 said:
can anyone walk me through how i can download sopcast so i can possibly watch the game tomorrow?

thanks for any help.

UDcowboysfan

Reaction score
I love you guys, i would have to walk all the way across campus to the bar if it wasnt for this!

Cowboyfan81

Broadcast Guy
Reaction score
Just a reminder, once you have Sopcast installed, you can watch the game at Stargazers site (see sig for link). Just click on the link for "Live Game Broadcasts" There is an embedded player on that page, so if you have Sopcast installed, you can watch the game directly from the page without opening the Sopcast software. If you wish to use the Sopcast software, the channel is 8521 "Dallas Cowboys Network".

NFL network is broadcasting now, and will be up to kickoff Sun. I'll be broadcasting the the Dal/STL game early, and the Carolina/TB game late. Check it out now, so you can be ready for Sunday.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Cowboyfan81;1675942 said:
Just a reminder, once you have Sopcast installed, you can watch the game at Stargazers site (see sig for link). Just click on the link for "Live Game Broadcasts" There is an embedded player on that page, so if you have Sopcast installed, you can watch the game directly from the page without opening the Sopcast software. If you wish to use the Sopcast software, the channel is 8521 "Dallas Cowboys Network".

NFL network is broadcasting now, and will be up to kickoff Sun. I'll be broadcasting the the Dal/STL game early, and the Carolina/TB game late. Check it out now, so you can be ready for Sunday.

this is my question............how do you download sopcast?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Does anyone have the link to all the college games being shown on Sopcast?

I have a friend in Chicago who cant get the Texas game.

Help please.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
STAR GAZER;1675953 said:
Go to the download page at Sopcast. It's here............ http://www.sopcast.org/download/ :)

when i go to the page i see all kinds of things i might need to do..

could you maybe tell me what steps to take to download it succesfully?

i have very basic computer skills..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lane help me out buddy... Where can you find the Texas K state game?

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
CATCH17;1675968 said:
Lane help me out buddy... Where can you find the Texas K state game?

that would be the blind leading the blind..

i wish i could help though.

i don't even know the proper steps to download this damn thing.

freaking texans!!:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
lane;1675972 said:
that would be the blind leading the blind..

i wish i could help though.

i don't even know the proper steps to download this damn thing.

freaking texans!!:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Its so dumb because you click on the NFL/NCAA link and it has every NFL game and not one college game? lol what ever.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
lane;1675963 said:
when i go to the page i see all kinds of things i might need to do..

could you maybe tell me what steps to take to download it succesfully?

i have very basic computer skills..

Hey Lane:

If you don't know how to download software, un-zip a file, and install it, then perhaps you should go to a local sports bar.

The quality is better. However, it's more expensive and less convenient, but at least you won't miss the game.

If you think you can do the above, then PM me and I will give you some tips. But your still going to have to do the bulk of it yourself.

Give me a shout if you want to have a go at this. :)

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
STAR GAZER;1675990 said:
Hey Lane:

If you don't know how to download software, un-zip a file, and install it, then perhaps you should go to a local sports bar.

The quality is better. However, it's more expensive and less convenient, but at least you won't miss the game.

If you think you can do the above, then PM me and I will give you some tips. But your still going to have to do the bulk of it yourself.

Give me a shout if you want to have a go at this. :)

if it is indeed that complicated ...i'll pass.

i don't want to risk destroying my computer.

thanks anyways star gazer.

Undisputed

Reaction score
http://download.sopcast.com/download/SopCast.zip .

Just click this link. Then click "Open" (most likely you have the software necessary). The folder will eventually be downloaded and opened automatically. Then double-click the "Setup-SopCast" option. Follow the simple steps from their.

Once you are in Sopcast you can just click login right away. Log in as a guest and don't worry about creating an account. Once you are logged in you will notice the "Channels" tab towards the top. Just click that to display the list of channels currently online. When the game starts, all you have to do is either find the game in the list (fairly easy) or get the channel and enter it in manually in the "Address" portion of Sopcast, located at the top (above the channels tab).

Nothing complicated about it bro. Just a bunch of clicking.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
Hey Lane:

It's not as complicated as it looks, but follow these instructions.......

A. Introduction
The manual briefly teach the users how to install and use the SopCast software.
Anyone who is interested in video streaming can download SopCast and try it. Now the software is free for use. Anyone can get the lastest software copy from our site.
B. System Requirement
To run the SopCast Software, the following requirement is needed:
1. Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Linux. See detail.
2. At least 64M System Memory, 128M System Memory is recommended.
3. At least 10M Harddisk space.
4. Install Microsoft Media Player 9.0 above RealPlayer or other media player which can play streaming.
C. Install and Uninstall
Current SopCast provide two kinds of program, SopCast and Webplayer (ocx) plugin. SopCast include 3 component, SopPlayer, SopServer and WebPlay. SopPlayer for viewer, SopServer for broadcaster and WebPlayer for web viewer.
1. Install ocx plugin
This client is designed for web viewer. It include only a WebPlayer.
Download SopCastOcx from http://www.sopcast.com/download/SopCastOcx.zip. After unpack it with Winzip or Winrar to a directory with the default SopCastOcx, run setup.exe.
2. Uninstall ocx plugin
Uninstall ocx by click "uninstall" in program menu.
3. Install SopCast
This file includes SopPlayer, SopServer and WebPlay.

Download SopCast.zip from http://www.sopcast.com/download/SopCast.zip . Unpack it with Winzip or Winrar to a directory and run Setup-SopCast-version.exe to setup with default choices. The WebPlayer will be installed automatically also.

Hope this helps. :D

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Me personally I think it was more of a task to register for an account here. Than simply clicking a download icon and saving it to your computer. As for the worry over virus or spyware getting into your computer, sopcast doesn't install any. If you still need to protect your computer, I use this free antivirus spyware protection for mine. It works great. :)

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5390/us/frt/0