Sopranos Episode Two Discussion ** SPOILERS INSIDE!

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
That's what I thought as well but it wasn't.

I guess just another girl.

Remember he was with another girl in his SUV when he took her home from work one night so the idea that he is staying faithful is out the window.

Oh I remember that, but Carmela had said when I'm away you can do what men do, Tony took that to mean getting a hummer in his Escalade.

blindzebra

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I think his character really does have dementia and or alz.

If you remember when the feds first got him his plan was to act this way.

But it went from obvious acting to what appears to be the real deal.

I also think it was an extension to carry on the bad "real" family member after his mothers character, and the actress playing her, died.

Who knows but I just don't think Junior has much of a major story line now unless he does say something in court which could scare them.

Another thing I have noticed. Although they only get a few seconds of air time, they have been on too many times not to mean something.

The middle eastern guys.

I am not so sure they are bad guys, actually I think they may be feds of some sort.

Time will tell but they have shown them, the fed says something about it once, tony asks chris about them...just seems too much for something not to come of it down the road.

Wasn't it the anti-organized crime guy...with the sandwich fetish...that warned Tony about an intended whacking by Phil?

As for the Arabs, we now have 4 possible story lines that can get Christopher killed:

1. Tony over Julianna.

2. Drugs

3. The Terrorist/feds connection

4. Phil

Which can only mean one thing, Christopher isn't going to die.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
blindzebra said:
Wasn't it the anti-organized crime guy...with the sandwich fetish...that warned Tony about an intended whacking by Phil?

As for the Arabs, we now have 4 possible story lines that can get Christopher killed:

1. Tony over Julianna.

2. Drugs

4. Phil

Yes it was the feds guy, but his talk was this past show, which was way after tony got shot by junior. Also they were discussing it after phil was outside the shop when it blew up.

I am not sure who they are targeting but I keep thinking Carmine and that meeting and how it went has something to play into this.

Then tony goes and visits Phil and has that conversation in the hospital.

I keep thinking Tony and Phil may do something to carmine for trying to turn the heat up between the two.

It will be interesting to see how things turn out. I really hope this season was just a tune up and get the background ready for next years show and that next years shows will be the ones worth waiting for.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
blindzebra said:

1. Tony over Julianna.

2. Drugs

4. Phil

I think Phil takes Chrissy out because they said someone close to him.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
As an aside, I hope the ride AJ got from the Puerto Rican was worth giving up his rides to those hoods.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
As an aside, I hope the ride AJ got from the Puerto Rican was worth giving up his rides to those hoods.
IMO OH HECK YEAH!!!!!!!!lol

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
I saw that transaction as a rite of passage for his character. A symbolic move towards manhood.

He gave up youth, aka his bike (one that his parents gave him, no less) for adulthood, aka sex (with a ****, no less).

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Danny White said:
I saw that transaction as a rite of passage for his character. A symbolic move towards manhood.

He gave up youth, aka his bike (one that his parents gave him, no less) for adulthood, aka sex (with a ****, no less).

He definately stepped up a few notches from his other girlfriends :D

jem88

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Remember the pine barrens with the russian, I think it was a season or maybe two later and they mention him while talking at the bar but never say if anything was found or if the russians friend said anything to tony about it.
For me, Pine Barrens was the initial step in Tony's beginning to lose trust/confidence in Paulie. It was obvious that Paulie screwed up and tried to put the blame both on the Russian and even on Christopher in order to save face. In the car at the end, Tony seems to see right through Paulie. I imagine the Russian guy did actually die out there. What seems more certain is that part of Tony's friendship with Paulie died.

jem88

Reaction score
Danny White said:
In total, this was a wasted season. I have every other season on DVD, but there's no way I'm adding this one to the collection. HOpefully they can pull their act together for the final episodes.
I'll get it because I'm a bit of a completist in that way, but I have to say that this was the weakest season by far.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Bah, boring episode. I hated how they teased us with the "they're going to kill someone close to you" plot. As scenes unfolded, I kept guessing who was going to get whacked to close out the season.... "Christopher, no, the actor just signed a new deal. Paulie! It's got to be Paulie! Nah, he hasn't shown up in the episode yet. It's Silvio! Gotta be Silvio!! Hurry up and get out of this Xmas party scene.. say wha???? That was the end!! I gotta wait two years to see who gets whacked???!! You've gotta be kidding me!!" (--much breakage and mass destruction around the TV--)