Sorry Dak

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
This is what I was thinking last season. He has Cam Newton, kapernick, RG3 written all over him. He may be different in size and somewhat play style from the others. However he plays a style that isn't really ever going to be successful in the NFL. Teams had a seasons worth of tape on him now. He just isn't ever going to be an elite QB. Add that with the fact that the o line has regressed in a major way and the d being garbage along with the coaching being sub par. It's going to be a long season. This is why you don't move on from a player of Romo's caliber for a guy you has a few good games. Say what you want about Romo, but he probably wins this game on the final drive. Teams were terrified of Tony in the 4th

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Every single knock on Dak right now are the very same things people would say about Romo when he didn't play well. Just like almost every time Dak makes a great play, it's outside the pocket on a busted play--exactly like Romo. Dak is still learning, but he's proven he can make the throws and win. The issue is this **** show, 100 year old offense and the coaching staff.

dfense

Reaction score
Please, dude! DAK is the reason this loss wasn't a blowout. The only one I'm seeing having a sophomore slump is Zeke's fat ***
Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees I guess.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Every single knock on Dak right now are the very same things people would say about Romo when he didn't play well. Just like almost every time Dak makes a great play, it's outside the pocket on a busted play--exactly like Romo. Dak is still learning, but he's proven he can make the throws and win. The issue is this **** show, 100 year old offense and the coaching staff.
Moral of the story: Cowboy fans on this board do not deserve a franchise quarterback.

Teams like the Browns haven't had a franchise quarterback in two decades and we stumble onto one with a compensatory fourth round pick and a bunch of clueless people want to torch him.

Guess what? We still have one and I love it

reddyuta

Reaction score
i have no idea why he missing open guys,previously it was feet but now i cant even explain it.

noletime95

Reaction score
He was the only guy that showed up today for the entire game outside of Byron Jones.

For some reason he's having trouble throwing accurately to his left, but other than that I'm fine with him. He was the reason why the game was close as the pass protection was awful. Tyron was dominated, folks. The TE's, both Hanna and Witten aren't blocking well. EE is consistently missing his rub blocks.

If this was Romo, we would've lost by 3 TD's. And nothing against Romo, but the pass protection was so poor he just wouldn't have been able to escape the pressure.

And it's pretty easy to see what defenses are going to do...blitz and a lot of overloads. We just don't have the hot routes and the WR's in place along with the pass pro to scare teams off.

We need to throw more plays with some 7 man blockers and scare teams deep a few players here and there and maybe get Switzer into the fold to run duo pivot routes. Also, it's nice to have Dez in the slot now...but of course we have to overdo it and that means Beasley plays more Z-receiver which cuts off what he can do beacuse of the sideline.

I'm just tired of the extremes that Garrett and his play designs run into. He's never understood the concept of balance and moderation.

So he can't throw accurately to half the field from the pocket and that's ok?

YR

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dak and Williams dropped a couple of passes, Dak missed a couple of throws. It all evens out.

Dak played well enough to win, and played better than the QB who actually won.

That's not what you said, you tried stating that drop meant something. It didn't, all it did was stop the clock. That was all.

After that, it was bad pass after bad pass from Dak. The guy doesn't have the accuracy to be a starter and his flaws are more than apparent this season.

Time to get this bum on the bench. I don't see him being here after his contract is up. But it's fine, a good crop of QBs are going into the draft and maybe even next season.

dfense

Reaction score
Not sure why I'm bothering to take the time to argue with someone who spells like a third grader, but Dak is a second-year QB who for some reason everyone expects to be 2014 Tony Romo and if not, then he "sucks."
Goff is second year to. Didn't look it today.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
ksbp.gif

Watch the pass protection. Tyron was beat on most snaps that were passing downs and beaten pretty badly. Tough to throw in rhythm and with Romo not being as strong as Dak it would've been worse.

Again, my only thing I don't like is his throwing the ball to his left. He missed at least 2 throws he should have made over there and has missed throws that way in each game so far. But, some of the throws and runs he made today were spectacular. I just don't see this offense scoring 30 points (should've been 32) without him.

The defense OTOH, can't play defense consistently well at home. It's only been 20 years of this crap.

YR

River82

Reaction score
This is what I was thinking last season. He has Cam Newton, kapernick, RG3 written all over him. He may be different in size and somewhat play style from the others. However he plays a style that isn't really ever going to be successful in the NFL. Teams had a seasons worth of tape on him now. He just isn't ever going to be an elite QB. Add that with the fact that the o line has regressed in a major way and the d being garbage along with the coaching being sub par. It's going to be a long season. This is why you don't move on from a player of Romo's caliber for a guy you has a few good games. Say what you want about Romo, but he probably wins this game on the final drive. Teams were terrified of Tony in the 4th

Romo would have collapsed in the 2nd quarter and got taken to hospital. People want prime-Romo back forgetting Romo is no longer in his prime.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Moral of the story: Cowboy fans on this board do not deserve a franchise quarterback.

Teams like the Browns haven't had a franchise quarterback in two decades and we stumble onto one with a compensatory fourth round pick and a bunch of clueless people want to torch him.

Guess what? We still have one and I love it
Bingo. I swear, some of this fanbase handles losses so ridiculously.

superonyx

Reaction score
I love it. Ha. Good luck when we win 6 games.i dont get why you cant see it. This guy is not as great as you all make him out to be
You’ve said your opinion about 10 times in this thread already. I’m sorry most don’t agree with you..but why are you repeating yourself over and over?
Are you one of them last words means you win guys?

You’ve said your piece. We get it..

jblaze2004

Reaction score
this lost is not on Dak though lol. Dak missed some throws yes but he also made some hell of throws. This scheme sucks. I will say it until Jason Garrett is gone or it changes. We may have move to linehan as the OC but he is calling JG playbook. Just like romo the only time a nice play happens is when a break down happens. No really creative designed plays to get guys open.

loublue22

Reaction score

He's nothing really like any of those players, he almost never runs. I wish he'd do it more, we'd be better.

black label

Reaction score
Dak is great with a great running game

when it breaks down Dak is just not a pocket passer and awful 3rd down pct

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Goff is second year to. Didn't look it today.

What did Goff do that was any better than Dak? They had nearly identical games and Goff is playing in what is clearly a more clever, inventive offensive scheme.

ThisBored

Reaction score
He can’t throw from the pocket same problem Russell Wilson is having. Nice athletes , smart but we will never win anything with Dak.
Seahawks won with Rus... We need a defense. I think having Dak as the QB is the best thing that couldve happened to this org. Romo was great. With his play, he was able to not only move the ball and score points but also mask a horrible defense for how many years? And this org did nothing to fix that defense. Now we have no Romo and the offense is suffering for it. Fix the D, the offense will come.