Sorry Folks But Brian Baldinger Says Great Call By Mike McCarthy

irishline

Reaction score
You MM Haters Are Going To Get Serious Heart Attack

A good portion of the posts on this board anymore are just one side calling out the other side. Repeatedly, back and forth. Kind of sad we can't just have a discussion without that aspect.

As for the call, yes it was a good call don't see many saying otherwise for that particular play.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes great broken play by a crap defense.
Seriously, though it was a good call and Dak should be running the ball at least 10 to 20% of the time ask Jerry.
Or Noshame :thumbup:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Looked like chargers made a good effort by their defense. Our O-Line did not play very well.. We see teams make improvements every week. We saw our Defense make a good effort to keep their assignments and stop the run but didn’t have the sacks. We got pressure after a few seconds of realizing it’s not a run play.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
MM clock management is somewhat of an Issue but If You Listen To Mike's Postgame Presser I Thought He Had a Good Answer..

There where many reasons why we Won The Game.. There where many reasons why we could have lost the Game.

Thx To Justin Hubert who had 2 overthrown balls to WR Keenan Allen.

Like it or not..MM Is Our Coach Going Forward,But Cowboy Players must execute MM Playcalling..

But You Guys Here Want to Jump Off The Wagon And Have MM Fired in Mid Season..You Guys Know That's not a Winning Strategy.

I'll Take MM Strategy Over The Pundits Here..

The Old Saying.. Owners Own, Coaches Coach And Players Play To Execute..

I don't put to much weight into clock management..The Game is so fast (Time Management) Your HC has to Manage The Fast Pace Of the Clock Every coach in The NFL has come across Clock Management issues.

Im Sure Its a Low Percentage That Cost an NFL Team BC Of Clock Management.
In This Case WE Won The Game..

Thx Justin..

NUFF SAID.....

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Tape Doesn't Lie..

NFL Week To Week League..

You MM Haters Are Going To Get Serious Heart Attack..

Chill Out..:popcorn:

There were multiple really good calls in this game, and some that failed because of execution and some that failed because of design. A lot of our fans tend to focus on the failures.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yes great broken play by a crap defense.
Seriously, though it was a good call and Dak should be running the ball at least 10 to 20% of the time ask Jerry.
Or Noshame :thumbup:
I agree. There were a couple of other RPO plays where he could have kept and it looked like he had room to roam. If we're going to try to run Pollard up the middle, the defense has got to learn to respect the keeper.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
the 2 guys running at cd was really stupid, plus the one inside guy should have covered dak.
I think they had no idea dak would run this, which is kinda stupid.
They covered everything but the dak run,!

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
the 2 guys running at cd was really stupid, plus the one inside guy should have covered dak.
I think they had no idea dak would run this, which is kinda stupid.
They covered everything but the dak run,!
Which is exactly why you use motion and RPO. Good offenses do this all the time to create these exact kinds of breakdowns.

That said, Dak still would have gotten the first down even if one of the defenders didn't chase CD.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
MM has done an excellent job as a head coach of the Cowboys dealing with the Joneses always undermining you to the media. One of the best coaches we have had in the Jones era.

Rayman70

Reaction score
MM wanted the time to tick down. He was standing there the entire time talking to the ref. Folks just need 2 chill. He did make a great call that netted us an easy TD. why nobody talking about that? No one expected an RPO there. Dak wasnt even touched. People are really trying very hard to kill him, and after a win.

CWR

Reaction score
MM wanted the time to tick down. He was standing there the entire time talking to the ref. Folks just need 2 chill. He did make a great call that netted us an easy TD. why nobody talking about that? No one expected an RPO there. Dak wasnt even touched. People are really trying very hard to kill him, and after a win.

What bothered me the most was what Troy pointed out. Where was the timing? Most of Daks plays, and a large part of our offensive success was due to him escaping and improvising. That can not be counted on with consistency. I'd like to see the scheme actually creat separation and opportunities. That isn't happening often enough.