Sorry Tankers!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Senor! Senor... Don senor.

Let me be you your counsel, for once, and advise a stand down moment.
Unless you've partaken of the Devil's spit and then I say:
Go for it!
I'm drunk with all the stupidity in loserville!! Thanks !

Oh... I'm not very good counsel.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
We have a Super Bowl team. Who needs draft picks for game changing players?

giphy-downsized.gif

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Again, your mentioning QBs. We technically have ours in Dak Prescott. The Browns are finally looking decent. Myles Garrett (a product of tanking) is a beast out there. You mention QBs, the Chargers may have finally found their QB in Herbert who was a sixth round pick.

Are you comparing the Cowboy’s FO with Washington’s FO or the Jets? I mean Jerry is bad, but he isn’t Jets bad. Is he?

A top 5-10 pick can land us Tyron Smith’s replacement or Jaylons replacement. We could potentially get the best defensive player in college. We can’t do that picking 15-20. It’s not so much about building your team through tanking in the Cowboys case. It’s about making a positive from a negative. The season was over when Dak broke his leg. Hey, maybe that misfortune will land us our own Myles Garrett.

As bad as we talk mess about the Cowboys, they are not the Jets, Browns, Washington or Cincy. They are actually run better than those organizations. When Dak returns, the Cowboys will be a potential playoff team next year if they get a top pick or not. Let’s try to get a playmaker now while we have the chance is all I’m saying.

That's fair. I was only mentioning QB's based off of the information I was given. Chances are this team will have a top 10 draft pick. They're sitting at #4 right now even after today's win. That will be a case of drafting based on merit, rather than intentionally losing (which I think is a bad thing, breeds a losing culture). A top corner or linebacker...or even safety would do a world of good, sure.

The thing is, draft boards aren't an exact science. Consider this years draft. I see at least three future studs (Lamb, Diggs, and Gallimore) and one catalytic talent (Lamb)....and Dallas drafted at 17. Players can be had up and down the board. This is why I can't get on board with tanking for draft position. I want a team that fights tooth and nail for a win.

A good culture with good habits outweighs good draft position all day every day. Can Coach Mike bring that? Time will tell but based on the progress this team has made over the course is season, I'd say the future is promising.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I know the fan base is torn but I would rather see the team stay in contention rather than have nothing to play for but a high draft pick. Nothing worse than having to play the season out knowing you’re playing for next year.

Reactions: CWR

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
While the trade down may be lost, we will still definitely get a top 10 pick meaning one of the 3 top corners is ours. As long as Surtain/Farley/Horn are there I’m good.

Not if the Cowboys win the division. I honestly think 5-11 could end up winning it.

I don't care either way. We win, I'm happy. We lose, I'm looking at draft position.
Anything to make this team better.

Truth be told, we can beat ...

the Giants
the WFT
the Eagles
the Bengals
the 49ers

I have the Ravens as the only team I don't think we can beat.

Lmao I think 5-11 could win this division.

dckid

Reaction score
Such a stupid argument. What you’re actually saying is you’ve given up. Permanently.
Don’t think I am being stupid at all. What’s is that saying... don’t kick a gift horse in the mouth..
We have been given an opportunity to potentially land a franchise QB the first since Aikman. We actually have talent. Maybe the Spurs should have tried to go all out and win even after David Robinson got injured, 1997. Tim Duncan and his 5 titles along with 20 years of competing was not worth the tanking.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Don’t think I am being stupid at all. What’s is that saying... don’t kick a gift horse in the mouth..
We have been given an opportunity to potentially land a franchise QB the first since Aikman. We actually have talent. Maybe the Spurs should have tried to go all out and win even after David Robinson got injured, 1997. Tim Duncan and his 5 titles along with 20 years of competing was not worth the tanking.
Well I’m very happy you’re so upset over a Cowboys win. Let that sink in.

Johnny23

Reaction score
My fandom of this team has no effect on the official outcome of games. This you give up,you're a loser talk is hilarious. You sat on your behind doing nothing and think you got skin in the game. Who is really the loser? I am happy we won but it is just a distraction for a moment. Enjoy it. Be happy.

cern

Reaction score
Never have i seen such venom, vindictiveness, vitriol or vituperation following a victory. And with such vehement vociferousness. Tequila spurs my like of alliteration.

dckid

Reaction score
Well I’m very happy you’re so upset over a Cowboys win. Let that sink in.
I am not upset at all. This front office is past the point of making me upset. They have clowns like you who believe that we like our guys, and you still believe Jerry wants to win a SB. We are the souther Detroit Lions a sad hapless organization that has gone a generation without even sniffing a second round win. Damn that was cold I feel so bad just even saying that.
We are all sizzle no steak. But congratulations we win a game today and hurt our chance to draft a franchise Qb.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Maybe, but a new management team would never overcome the stigma of being OK with not trying to win.
I'm not talking about the team though.. I'm talking about fans happy over these wins. I get the actual team trying to win.

CWR

Reaction score
I love winning!! Who's with me??

Im with you. It was a fun game. Id like to see more fun games. Of course I love getting good draft picks, but winning is fun. This year, in this division we are playing better football than anyone else. After the last few games I believe we will win the division. Come playoff time odds are we get thumped, but you know what? A playoff game would be a lot of fun. I will continue to hold out hope that these guys suprise us. "Don't get it twisted, we are a good team." Lol

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
because the seasons prior to aikman and emmitt , were playoff seasons .

good job guys ... good planning .