Sorry Tankers!

CWR

Reaction score
I know the fan base is torn but I would rather see the team stay in contention rather than have nothing to play for but a high draft pick. Nothing worse than having to play the season out knowing you’re playing for next year.

People also seem to disregard the effects of a poor season. If these guys can rally and win the division it will go a long ways in their growth as team.

If we lost out all everyone would be talking about is how abysmal we are and how many years it will take to build this team into a competition. Thats not a fun time.

Reactions: KJJ

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I am not upset at all. This front office is past the point of making me upset. They have clowns like you who believe that we like our guys, and you still believe Jerry wants to win a SB. We are the souther Detroit Lions a sad hapless organization that has gone a generation without even sniffing a second round win. Damn that was cold I feel so bad just even saying that.
We are all sizzle no steak. But congratulations we win a game today and hurt our chance to draft a franchise Qb.
Read your own words. You’ve quit permanently. Go root for the Steelers. Or maybe the Jets since you like losing.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Why care that we enjoy winning. Fans have no impact on the games. The Cowboys won because they played well. If every fan in America and Mexico wanted us to finish 2-14, the Cowboys still win the game, so why not enjoy it. I get wanting to lose for the draft, but when it wins, why be miserable about it?
What is this bs strawman you've come up with? I don't give a darn about you enjoying these pointless wins. I spoke on how I see them. I also never said fans have any impact on the game so again what the heck are you talking about? Who is miserable? This is the emotional stuff that folks do that make no sense. Person starts a post on a messgaeboard trolling people who want a better pick and I comment on it. I guess that then makes me miserable? Smh.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
What is this bs strawman you've come up with? I don't give a darn about you enjoying these pointless wins. I spoke on how I see them. I also never said fans have any impact on the game so again what the heck are you talking about? Who is miserable? This is the emotional stuff that folks do that make no sense. Person starts a post on a messgaeboard trolling people who want a better pick and I comment on it. I guess that then makes me miserable? Smh.

how is tying for the lead in the nfc east a pointless win?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You know living in the world we are living in now and without knowing what the future holds......it makes it hard to sell me on the future of this team. If you have a chance to make the playoffs now you do it. I'll worry about next years draft when next year arrives. As of right now? Let's win this thing ****.

coult44

Reaction score
Sorry, give me the draft pick. Last thing I want is washigton, philly and new york picking ahead of us and potentially taking a franchise changing guy ahead of us. We're not beating the likes of Aaron Rodgers or Patrick Mahomes

And a top 10 pick ain’t beating them either when you draft like the Cowboys

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's fair. I was only mentioning QB's based off of the information I was given. Chances are this team will have a top 10 draft pick. They're sitting at #4 right now even after today's win. That will be a case of drafting based on merit, rather than intentionally losing (which I think is a bad thing, breeds a losing culture). A top corner or linebacker...or even safety would do a world of good, sure.

The thing is, draft boards aren't an exact science. Consider this years draft. I see at least three future studs (Lamb, Diggs, and Gallimore) and one catalytic talent (Lamb)....and Dallas drafted at 17. Players can be had up and down the board. This is why I can't get on board with tanking for draft position. I want a team that fights tooth and nail for a win.

A good culture with good habits outweighs good draft position all day every day. Can Coach Mike bring that? Time will tell but based on the progress this team has made over the course is season, I'd say the future is promising.
Nah, not for one injury plagued year or doesn’t. Perfect situation actually. Very talented team missing key play makers on defense has rash of injuries and fills holes with top 5 draft position.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I am not upset at all. This front office is past the point of making me upset. They have clowns like you who believe that we like our guys, and you still believe Jerry wants to win a SB. We are the souther Detroit Lions a sad hapless organization that has gone a generation without even sniffing a second round win. Damn that was cold I feel so bad just even saying that.
We are all sizzle no steak. But congratulations we win a game today and hurt our chance to draft a franchise Qb.
:hammer::hammer:

These fair weather casual cheerleaders are just like Jerry.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Who's to say that even of we drafted high, daddy and son know what to do with the pick? It's totally like Jerry to keep Nolan and trust in his "scheme", which means taking the best guy available...according to Mike Nolan.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sheesh man I wish we had Dak. I would feel that we at least had a chance at a playoff run smh. I just know our QB play isn’t good enough to do any real damage at all.
:muttley:We were tearing it up with Prescott.
So many playoff wins so many wins against good teams.
Glory surplus those Prescott years!!!:banghead:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because Jimmy didnt tank to get AIkman and Emmitt ....

sure sure ...
What a tool. Landry was the coach the year they drafted Aikman! Lol! And Emmitt was taken with the 17th picj!! You dont know Jack squat! Lol!! Tuck your tail and hide in shame!