Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
7OaL0FB.png

WIN TORPEDOES TANKERS' FANTASY!

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Listen guys , theres a whole season ahead to tank .

i dont think 1 single dalton win will take us out of a tanking season .

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The draft has been the only decent thing about this team. McClay does an excellent job there. It's free agency where the team is awful. Aldon Smith is the only FA that panned out and even it seems like he's faded.
I have to agree that we have been good in the draft recently. And, we've had some good teams. But, they got wasted on bad coaching. So, I tend to think we have had to win despite the play calling a personnel management, so I just root for the wins when they come.
I am reserving judgement on the current regime of coaches. Until we get a different GM, I just hope we find a recipe for success.

kevm3

Reaction score
How are we incompetent? We basically got the best receiver in the draft this year, and Stephon Diggs who seems to be a solid corner. I want as much draft resources as possible because this team is AWFUL in free agency.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Basically. Some people aren't smart enough to sacrifice short term pleasure for a better chance in the future.

And some people aren't smart enough to realize that winning creates a winning attitude, which creates more wins. So a player at #6 to 8, will not have any different impact that a player at #14 to 19, if you select the correct player.
As a high draft pick does nor mean they are a HOF play over any other top 20 pick.

Be Smart, Not a Tanker. :D

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea let's keep winning games and cruise into a 7 and 9 season, first round playoff exit and let the Eagles, Giants and Commanders nab blue chip talents while we're stuck with a mid round pick. That way in 5 years, we can celebrate that year we went 7 and 9 and won games with our backup quarterback. I'm sure the Bengals regret having that number 1 pick so that they could have drafted Joe Burrow

Is the goal to win a super bowl or not?
Lol!!! Typical loser response! How many SBs have the Browns won with all of their top five picks??? Lol

kevm3

Reaction score
And teams like the Patriots should be at the bottom of the league every year because of their consistent "low" draft position

Patriots have had arguably the best HC and QC combo in league history. Now that they no longer have that qb, they don't look like the Patriots of old, but if they get another top notch QB, they'll be right back to where they were.

McCarthy might be better than Garrett, but he's no Bellichick.

blueblood70

Reaction score
How are we incompetent? We basically got the best receiver in the draft this year, and Stephon Diggs who seems to be a solid corner. I want as much draft resources as possible because this team is AWFUL in free agency.
wrong Diggs but we get it lol

Philmonroe

Reaction score
um we weren't playing so we couldn't throw the game ,you dig? so why be humbug fan in win..enjoy it..

if you are upset your team won on the road as underdogs and ends a 4 game losing streak after losing like 17 starters this year, you just need to check your fandom..
Who is humbug fan? Y'all really need to lay off all of the emotional talking points.

kevm3

Reaction score
Lol!!! Typical loser response! How many SBs have the Browns won with all of their top five picks??? Lol

How many years has it been since we've been outside the second round of the playoffs? I'll wait.

Let's keep stacking pyrrhic victories so we can cheer about how hard we played

The Browns are 7 and 3 this year, so looks like those top notch picks are doing something

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
kinda put me of the spot

Broncos (with Elway), Colts, Ravens, Steelers and Chiefs with the Patriots being the anomaly, though they were terrible before Bill came along to. Not every team needs to draft a QB with a high pick.

I'll give you Manning and maybe Elway but I'm not old enough to comment on the state of their franchise at that time.
Ravens: I'm assuming you meant Jackson was the 32nd overall pick
Steelers: Ben? He was taken 11th overall
Chiefs: Mahommes? 10th overall

Tanking implies that a team intentionally loses to get a top 5 pick. If a team is picking 10-15, chances are they just weren't very good the previous year. The Jets have been tanking for years and are still awful. Same with Cincy. Miami is FINALLY showing signs of life. Washington? Terrible. The Chargers tanked for Manning or Leaf, preferring Leaf. Fail.

Point being, tanking is rarely the answer. Lawrence may be a really good NFL QB but even he has his flaws. With a young team like Dallas, establishing a winning culture under a new coach is just as, if not more critical than draft position. JMHO

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Lol ... Honestly, ive never heard someone say a top5 draft pick is worthless .

its entertaining, obviously ...