Video: Sounds from the sidelines Dal vs Minn

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
When Parsons had the headset on and was arguing for more time, you know he was talking to Quinn. He kept saying No!. But the tone in his voice reminded me of a kid challenging his dad.

"No Dad, I want to play."

And him trying to bargain with Quinn.

"I need to play one more series."

I'm not a psychologist, but I think that reveals a bond between Parsons and Quinn that may be unique in sports. Normally the coach is tough on the players, but this kid has a motivation which doesn't need a drill Sargent demeanor to energize him to give his best.

I also note his petulance when he said if he doesn't play, then he isn't going to practice. He said that to an assistant coach, but not to Quinn while on the phones. I may be reading more into this than is there. But for some reason that entire exchange just delights me.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Now, that's a fired-up team right there, my friends!

Let's hope we keep the fire burning indefinitely!

If we can maintain it, we're as good as gold!

We won 40-3. 'Tis a nice, round number!

Last edited:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When Parsons had the headset on and was arguing for more time, you know he was talking to Quinn. He kept saying No!. But the tone in his voice reminded me of a kid challenging his dad.

I'm not a psychologist, but I think that reveals a bond between Parsons and Quinn that may be unique in sports. Normally the coach is tough on the players, but this kid has a motivation which doesn't need a drill Sargent demeanor to energize him to give his best.

I also note his petulance when he said if he doesn't play, then he isn't going to practice. He said that to an assistant coach, but not to Quinn while on the phones. I may be reading more into this than is there. But for some reason that entire exchange just delights me.
Yep the NO reminded me of a kid too. Saying I'm not practicing before someone said you never practice anyway, now that was funny.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I have to assume he was either joking or making an empty threat, when he said he won't practice. Who was it that said, "You don't practice anyway!"?