Video: Sounds from the sidelines week 1

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Looks like the nose of the football hit the ground on Gilmore's INT
It doesn't matter if his hands are on the ground. You cannot use the ground to secure a catch, the ball was still moving in his hands. Great play, but IMO it was not a catch. Good thing the Giants coach didn't challenge.
I've thought that since it happened.
Here's the video of the INT. I zoomed in and freeze frame it right at Gilmore's first contact. Not sure if you can see it but his hands and the ball above the ground cast a shadow, meaning they aren't touching the ground and then the next freeze frame is the ball popping upwards in his hands (almost causing his right hand to touch the ground) and then he pulls it into his body without the ball or his hand touching the ground. At the second freeze frame, you can follow the length of the ball to see if it should be touching the ground according to its size but it doesn't. The closest thing to the ground is Gilmore's right hand with the blue glove on but he yanks upward immediately. What'cha think?

Gilmore-INT-GIF-R.gif

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Hahaha, the font when Durde's talking...

Anyway, where are the Giants sounds from the sideline?

Thanks for posting. :flagwave:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I liked tyler talking to the 13 year vet about how he is suprised the 11 year old vet is still making plays
They've played the same amount of games and Gilmore plays a position where guys are washed much earlier. Gilmore is more impressive

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
At the very end I think Gilmore realized what kind of defense he was playing with. He honestly seemed surprised by what he was watching. Welcome aboard. Teams special.
He's from the Belichick school. Stay silent and do as you're told. Nothing wrong though with some smack and confidence, as long as you can back it up. :yourock:

I like how all the players were pointing out that they now have the best corner unit in the NFL. Only increases their confidence that their teammates will back them up. Going to be a heck of a ride this year.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He's from the Belichick school. Stay silent and do as you're told. Nothing wrong though with some smack and confidence, as long as you can back it up. :yourock:

I like how all the players were pointing out that they now have the best corner unit in the NFL. Only increases their confidence that their teammates will back them up. Going to be a heck of a ride this year.
I love the tone from our fans. Finally, all the negativity seems to be disappearing. I haven't seen many of the heartless "wait and see" posters this week. I guess they are waiting for a loss to come out of their basements to chime in. I'm hoping we go 5-0 to start the season.

Ragin_Kage

Reaction score
I hope when Ceedee said "The best duo in the league right here" Bland takes it as motivation to be even better.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Here's the video of the INT. I zoomed in and freeze frame it right at Gilmore's first contact. Not sure if you can see it but his hands and the ball above the ground cast a shadow, meaning they aren't touching the ground and then the next freeze frame is the ball popping upwards in his hands (almost causing his right hand to touch the ground) and then he pulls it into his body without the ball or his hand touching the ground. At the second freeze frame, you can follow the length of the ball to see if it should be touching the ground according to its size but it doesn't. The closest thing to the ground is Gilmore's right hand with the blue glove on but he yanks upward immediately. What'cha think?

Gilmore-INT-GIF-R.gif
Its a catch, only gloves underneath that ball....

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Gilmore-INT-GIF-R.gif
Catch. No question. That’s his fingers, not the ball… if that’s what people are seeing.

pancakeman

Reaction score

Gilmore-INT-GIF-R.gif
Thanks for doing this. To my eyes, the way the ball rotates up still looks like it hit the ground behind where his hands were, but I can't conclusively say that, and I'm certainly happy with the player effort and the result of the call!