Sounds like Mazi could be in a better place this year

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First year can be tough for a DT, especially a 1T being asked to lose weight. I am confident Mazi can and will improve this year.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Are we ever going to know what went on last year and why the drastic weight loss happened?
Yeah...I've heard 2 stories about that. First one is that Quinn told him to do it. The 2nd one was that Mazi did it on his own volition. Who knows......

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yep heard the same two theories. Either way coaches fault because if Mazi was doing it on his own, the coaches should have stepped in.
today's coaches are afraid of coaching players too hard. Feelings and such get hurt easy. So, while the coaches should have stepped in, I can see why maybe they didn't. Lots of enablers out there from coaches to staff and owners.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
Weight loss or gain are one thing but it will take a lot more than that for Mazi to have an impact.

Let's start with someone telling him he's allowed to move within the first 3 seconds of the snap and not play "statues".

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Quinn’s defense was all about pressuring the QB. He wanted Mazi to lose weight to improve his pass rushing abilities.
Mazi sucked in training camp before he lost the weight.

Also, Quinn didn't "force" the other NTs to lose weight. Why would he just force Mazi to?

I know Quinn has to be the bad guy because he's no longer here, but I'm not buying it. There's a reason Parsons had to give Mazi a mid-season pep talk about work effort and professionalism.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mazi sucked in training camp before he lost the weight.

Also, Quinn didn't "force" the other NTs to lose weight. Why would he just force Mazi to?

I know Quinn has to be the bad guy because he's no longer here, but I'm not buying it. There's a reason Parsons had to give Mazi a mid-season pep talk about work effort and professionalism.
Who knows how it happened but Quinn is an easy target seeing as how he values sacks over everything else and plays 200lb safeties at LB.