Sounds like Mazi could be in a better place this year

gtb1943

Reaction score
A couple wannabe leaders?...blame on.

While Diggs and Bland have played ten games together, 2024 will mark the first time that the two will play across from each other on the outside, with Jourdan Lewis or Caelen Carson likely playing at nickel. The Cowboys defense will undoubtedly be a nightmare for opposing quarterbacks this season. Regardless of what side of the field the ball is thrown to, it will be thrown in the direction of arguably the best ball-hawk in the league. To make it even more intimidating, Micah Parsons will be breathing down the quarterback’s neck in the backfield.

From being a 5th round pick in 2022 To being AP-First Team in 2023-24’, DaRon Bland will team with Trevon Diggs for what could well be the best NFL pair of cornerbacks. Relevant along with other changes. Diggs was drafted in the second round. Talent evaluations in team and developments?

Over the last three seasons, Osa Odighizuwa has gone from a third-round pick to one of the top players on the Cowboys’ defense.

You merely stick to pick a person and blame...all the above was lost on yourself. Good night and don't even try to bore me further.
Run away and hide if you want; you proved my point with osa who was picked higher.
and since you can only find two players below the fourth rd to talk about makes your claim even weaker

CCBoy

Reaction score
Run away and hide if you want; you proved my point with osa who was picked higher.
and since you can only find two players below the fourth rd to talk about makes your claim even weaker
Play with numbers and stay full of crap....I have been on sight since it opened. Sonnie...

Your opinion proves nothing here.

Osa has been highly valued and considered a very strong player...and still has just reached the intro 4 year point. You explain why that is relevant.

Watch it, your lips are moving again...go look in a mirror.

Last edited:

gtb1943

Reaction score
Play with numbers and stay full of crap....I have been on sight since it opened. Sonnie...

Your opinion proves nothing here.

Osa has been highly valued and considered a very strong player...and still has just reached the intro 4 year point. You explain why that is relevant.

Watch it, your lips are moving again...go look in a mirror.
you explain why you think he is all that? He is a good player and nothing more
which once again makes your point irrelevant

tm1119

Reaction score
Who knows how it happened but Quinn is an easy target seeing as how he values sacks over everything else and plays 200lb safeties at LB.
What other healthy LB was on the roster that you wanted him to play?
Cant blame the final product on the guy if he’s not shopping for the groceries. Blame our inept front office.

Commanders signed Wagner and Luvu right away to fill the LB spots after hiring Quinn. That doesn’t fit your narrative of Quinn “wanting” to play safeties at LB.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cant blame the final product on the guy if he’s not shopping for the groceries. Blame our inept front office.

Commanders signed Wagner and Luvu right away to fill the LB spots after hiring Quinn. That doesn’t fit your narrative of Quinn “wanting” to play safeties at LB.
I don’t answer people who lie as I never said Quinn wanted to play safeties at LB.

CCBoy

Reaction score

You blame and don't offer this team any fame...this is a good group of linebackers. Know the players strengths better and not fan bias.

CCBoy

Reaction score
You blame and don't offer this team any fame...this is a good group of linebackers. Know the players strengths better and not fan bias.
With the hope that Mazi Smith evolves in Year 2, and only a seventh-round selection being used on Justin Rogers to help the position in this year's draft, the hope, probably more than ever, is that Odighizuwa can be a dominant piece in the middle.

Odighizuwa has proven he can rush the passer. At times he has been dominant in stopping the run, but being able to do it on a more consistent, reliable basis is what is going to help this Cowboys defense be what many hope they can be.

New defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer is expected to come in and have the players more sound in their assignments, but the reality is no one else is likely coming that will make a big difference. It is going to take guys like Odighizuwa and others to step up and elevate their game if this team is going to be any different than what we saw at the end of last season.

It’s a lot to ask of one guy, but the Cowboys front office has made it clear that they like their guys, and will be looking for those on the roster to step up. And in the case of Odighizuwa, no one elevating their game in that group may help more than him.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-success-mike-zimmer-mazi-smith-justin-rogers

Buzzbait

Reaction score
To go along with the second one Brodus spoke of whispers of mental health problems. I hope he was wrong and it sounds like Mazi is doing better in general. Maybe DQ really did try to slim him down and make him something he's not.
I wouldn't be at all surprised at that. DQ was never big on stopping the run, he just wanted pass rush and he drafted that way.
I'm glad DQ is outa there, and hopefully our defense can start recovering from DQ's lightweight ideas.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
I wouldn't be at all surprised at that. DQ was never big on stopping the run, he just wanted pass rush and he drafted that way.
I'm glad DQ is outa there, and hopefully our defense can start recovering from DQ's lightweight ideas.
Yeah, it's hard to win in the playoffs when you can't stop the run.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
I'd really be interested in knowing that as well.
I think they saw he had no get-off so they assumed lightening him up might make him quicker.
Mazi is a mess. Putting aside the extremely slow get-off, he plays with terrible leverage and his hand usage is bad. None of the athleticism he showed during the draft process translates.