Sounds like Mazi could be in a better place this year

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who knows how it happened but Quinn is an easy target seeing as how he values sacks over everything else and plays 200lb safeties at LB.
It's hard to argue with your point here. It appears he wanted to convert Mazi into a 3T pass rusher

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The defense is somewhat relying on Smith becoming the player who the Cowboys thought that they drafted. Johnathan Hankins is gone, and while Osa Odighizuwa represents a nice alternative, Smith is the person charged with stopping the run and giving the group a proper backbone.
Somewhat???

CWR

Reaction score
Yep heard the same two theories. Either way coaches fault because if Mazi was doing it on his own, the coaches should have stepped in.
To go along with the second one Brodus spoke of whispers of mental health problems. I hope he was wrong and it sounds like Mazi is doing better in general. Maybe DQ really did try to slim him down and make him something he's not.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To go along with the second one Brodus spoke of whispers of mental health problems. I hope he was wrong and it sounds like Mazi is doing better in general. Maybe DQ really did try to slim him down and make him something he's not.
For Brodus to insinuate mental health rumors is pretty crummy, correct or not!

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Hankins > Mazi.

Reactions: CWR

Sydla

Reaction score
Hope so because it appears the Cowboys are putting a ton on him this coming year given what else they have at DT and he has to be more then effective if the Cowboys want competent DT play.

CWR

Reaction score
For Brodus to insinuate mental health rumors is pretty crummy, correct or not!
I think it's worse if it's untrue. If it is true it will almost always come to light. Hipaa and the NFL don't really work together.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It really seems to many here that Mazi got a raw deal, from the start, to put his best foot forward. The way that Dan Quinn handled that situation was just absurd. I'm pulling for him to be successful in his quest to do well and become a starter. God knows, this team needs his success just as much as he does. He surely deserves every opportunity to succeed in the weeks ahead. Let's hope he gets it.

Last edited:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It really seems to many here that Mazi got a raw deal, from the start, to put his best foot forward. The way that Dan Quinn handled that situation was just absurd. I'm pulling for him to be successful in his quest to do well and become a starter. God knows, this team needs his success just as much as he does. He surely deserves every opportunity to succeed in the weeks ahead. Let's hope he gets it.
Hankins was DT1

Mazi wasn’t better than Hankins.

So Mazi was always gonna split snaps at best.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Trey Lance will get his chances, also. He'll have more familiarity with his receivers and better knowledge of the offensive scheme. Good Luck for all these youngsters who will see action in TC and the preseason that beckons soon.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Hankins was DT1

Mazi wasn’t better than Hankins.

So Mazi was always gonna split snaps at best.
He was 30 pounds underweight to start with, so the advantages that he had before weren't to his advantage. Let's see how it goes this year.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
He isn't the only one who should help by the coaching change, Micah will be a different player. Book it.