Sour grapes by Mahomes' mom

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
My point is some Cowboys Zone members coming down on Mahomes' mother are hypocrites - because they did the same thing when Dallas lost its two playoff games to Green Bay.
Many fans of teams that lose in playoff \ championship games declare incompetent- bias on the part of officials. Recall the NFCCG game between the Rams and the Saints. Whether some label it legitimate gripes or sour grapes....it happens all the time in sports.

I hear you for the most part. However, the Cowboys were robbed with the Dez no-catch. The Saints were absolutely robbed by the refs.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I’m still salty about game 5 of the NBA championship in 2006.

people complain about refs all the time. Why does this make some people in this thread so bitter? It’s kinda funny

I think some of you guys have a personal issue here that has nothing to do with the tweet

Motorola

Reaction score
I hear you for the most part. However, the Cowboys were robbed with the Dez no-catch. The Saints were absolutely robbed by the refs.
'ninja' I agree with you whole-heartedly for both games. But I immediately knew that the refs would rule against Dez, but my best friend- who is a Giants fan - said "That's a catch!!". And that Rams - Saints no call - mind blowing.

DFWJC

Reaction score
All teams get robbed from time to time, but we have a couple of huge ones.

Even the sequence of events at the end of the Seattle playoff game in 2006 was bizarre.
Romo passed to Witten on the Seattle 2 for what was ruled a first down. But that was overruled by a replay official saying his momentum was stopped short.
No way there was definitive data showing he did not make it...they took it into their own hands.

So the starting lineup, assuming they have 3 more downs to punch it in, run down the clock and seal the win are now suddenly pulled from the field.
Special teams (which bizarrely was using its starting QB as a holder) all of a sudden have to run out there and kick a quick FG.
Meanwhile, the home team is inserting a brand new, slick shiny ball into the game just in time for this play.
We know what happened next.

NFL changed the rules forever after that. Kicking teams now get to used their own broken in balls. Also, no NFL team has ever used their starting QB on special teams in the 15 years since then.

Just a weird set of events.

Same goes for the Dez catch. Rules changed after that.

Motorola

Reaction score
Mahomes was injured and his receivers sucked, it is what it is.
Add to it the Chiefs' depleted offensive line were overwhelmed plus their secondary crumbled - poor position & penalties, lost their poise.
Last night's game reminded me of some past Super Bowls handily-to-dominant victories: the losing teams' best squad underperforms, but it is nearly coupled with the lesser opposite unable to step up and keep the contest competitive.

Last edited: