Video: Source: Cowboys Will Not Re-Sign Gregy Hardy***MegaMerge***

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
The point is that he contributed to the 32 sacks thst we did get. Without him, his sacks and pressures we become worse not better. Its just mathematics

Ok let me see how i can make people understand. Ok, you and your three best friends are going out on saturday night to pick up chicks. Now after 2 months you guys consistently strike out. A change has to be made cause your crew isnt getting it done. Do you get rid of the best looking dude with the most game and hope that getting rid of him will increase your odds? No you get rid of the weak link.

Now they are besties.
In your own thought process we can't lose hayden either.

Bands gotta stay together so the dudes can get the digits. Call me when you get old enough to understand how bad an analogy that was.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Garrett looked so shook when Hardy was spazzing in the Giants game. I'm literally laughing at my part time job right now out loud because I remember he had the look of 'death' on his face :laugh:

It was like Garrett wanted nothing to do with that. Weird seeing that.

Reactions: BAT

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Now they are besties.
In your own thought process we can't lose hayden either.

Bands gotta stay together so the dudes can get the digits. Call me when you get old enough to understand how bad an analogy that was.

Hayden would be the ugly dude so he would gave to go. Dont worry grandpa tell me what retirement home ur at and i'll call you

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
I gotta laugh at the hypocrisy and politics in all of this!!! first you tell Hardy he's suspended, then he's traded
but still suspended..threaten a 10 game suspension, reduce it to 4, and now you don't want to resign him due
to excessive partying???

that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard

Fredd

Reaction score
can't read through this entire thread to say the same thing I have always said, haven't heard the cowboys say they don't want him back, I still want the guy on this line, it is BETTER with him on it...I can't let off-the-field crap get in the way (as long as it isn't something that gets you suspended)...if people are worrying about "partying" then get off of your high-horse...Michael Irvin liked to party (sssssnifff), but we all love him....

Fredd wants Hardy back if the cost is reasonable....how do you go through ALL of the nonsense of the suspension, getting the guy up to speed, etc. only to NOW let him sail off into the sunset...makes ZERO sense to me...if they let him go because Garrett can't control him, then perhaps Hardy isn't the problem there....

khiladi

Reaction score
So the defense wasn't disruptive even with the great Hardy? Thanks for making my point.

Lol..

Your point was that D Law was better and more disruptive than Hardy on defense.. He wasn't, despite him having 'more sacks'. Marinelli wasn't moving D Law around the line, despite your claim he was being more disruptive.

Dallas defense was holding teams to low scoring outputs not by being aggressive but playing conservative, with Hardy ON THE FIELD.

There are reasons outside Hardy not being 'disruptive', just like Romo wasn't miraculous against Carolina when they expected him to save the team and make the playoffs.

Oh yeah and Caroliba players all want him back and said he never should have been gone.

Reactions: BAT

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I want him back on a 1 year deal. RoMc too. The future of the D-line is Gregory and Lawrence on the edges, but we still need to compete in the present since Romo is runningv out of chances. We're in an interesting position where we need to build for the future but also build for the present. Bring back Hardy and draft a stud DT in the first 34 picks and we could have a nasty D-line. On the other hand, don't bring back Hardy and don't draft a stud DT and our D-line will probably be what prevents us from going deep in the playoffs

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
He's an elite talent coming off a year+ suspension. He already knows Marinelli's system. Given his rep and subpar year (stat-wise) he won't break the bank. You always need a pass rush. You always need that one guy offenses have to account for. He is also versatile enough to play all DL positions - which can help him exploit mismatches.

I'm betting offseason conditioning, OTAs, full training camp, and a few preseason games will knock the rust completely off. Then we'll see the Kraken teams have feared for years.

Next year and years to come he will be a Cowboy. Book it.

egn22

Reaction score
What was said about Hardy? Can someone please tell me? All I see is a mega triple quadruple merge with people arguing for or against Hardy. What did I miss?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Why not resign him? He's not going to command much. In fact, I bet he takes an incentive deal this year so he can get one last monster contract next year. His performance and off the field issues are well documented, no ones paying a premium, including us.

I think a lot of his "underperformance" was mental and conditioning. Lets be honest, he came out against the Pats as dominant as I've ever seen a DE. His personal life got blown up, and I mean, he was out of football for a year. Gym shape isn't going to prepare you for an NFL season.

If we don't, I see another team signing him for an incentive based deal and him having a double digit sack season.

And let's not forget how Marinelli mis-used him....playing him @ DT a 1/3 of the time.....and another 1/3 of the time having him run stupid inside twists (occupying 2 blockers) to free up a DT?????

I'm amazed he got 6 sacks.

I now understand why Marinelli coached the Lions to 0-16........:(

He's the problem.....he just needs to go....NOW!!!:banghead:

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Lol..

Your point was that D Law was better and more disruptive than Hardy on defense.. He wasn't, despite him having 'more sacks'. Marinelli wasn't moving D Law around the line, despite your claim he was being more disruptive.

Dallas defense was holding teams to low scoring outputs not by being aggressive but playing conservative, with Hardy ON THE FIELD.

There are reasons outside Hardy not being 'disruptive', just like Romo wasn't miraculous against Carolina when they expected him to save the team and make the playoffs.

Oh yeah and Caroliba players all want him back and said he never should have been gone.

You need to re-read what you said dude. What I said was that Dlaw was the better player towards the end of the season, for some reason you feel Hardy was since Marrielli moved him around with little to no results was better. He had 6 sacks in which 2 came in one game. During the second half of the season (final 8 gms) he had on full sack and a half sack. Dlaw had a four game streak of 1 sack a game and a multi sack game.

As I said earlier in the thread the were games he didn't show up and the stats back that up. As you said earlier I the thread Dlaw had better games, not sure what other criteria you need. Teams stop double teaming him regardless of where he played. He became a non-factor, just a another regular player.

khiladi

Reaction score
You need to re-read what you said dude. What I said was that Dlaw was the better player towards the end of the season, for some reason you feel Hardy was since Marrielli moved him around with little to no results was better. He had 6 sacks in which 2 came in one game. During the second half of the season (final 8 gms) he had on full sack and a half sack. Dlaw had a four game streak of 1 sack a game and a multi sack game.

As I said earlier in the thread the were games he didn't show up and the stats back that up. As you said earlier I the thread Dlaw had better games, not sure what other criteria you need. Teams stop double teaming him regardless of where he played. He became a non-factor, just a another regular player.

So basically 'sacks'....

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
After watching Denver's Pass rush, we can't let Hardy walk

what exactly did hardy do *while he was a cowboy* that has made him so indispensable? the reasons i've heard to keep him have nothing to do with any *direct* play he had last year, only something about besties with the other DL and while *he* may not get the stats, *he* does allow the others to get them. how this didn't translate into championships last year all year is still an unfathomable mystery to me.

seriously however - are you basing it off what he has done in carolina or in dallas?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I guess we'll find out soon enough. I agree it definitely would stink if we took all the negative pub by signing him last year only to see him leave after 1 season. Obviously the more talent we can have up front, the better. But we really don't know the extent of his disruption to the locker room in 2015, if any. To hear Witten's thoughts on Hardy makes me believe the door is still open, but who knows.