Video: Source: Cowboys Will Not Re-Sign Gregy Hardy***MegaMerge***

T-RO

Reaction score
Why is it so hard for some here to admit that Hardy simply wasn't great last year?

It's bizarre how so many people have such an emotional attachment to this clown and seem downright pissed if he's not re-signed.

The dysfunction of the franchise extends to the fanbase.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I agree about making the defensive line strong, but using the #4 overall pick on another defensive end looks like failure to me. I can't see how anyone can justify using two 2nd rounders and a 3rd rounder on two guys and then following that up by using #4 overall on the same position.

That's as bad as the continued waste of 2nd rounders on guys who were nothing more than backup tight ends with the Cowboys. Poor return on investment.

I hear you and agree. You still have to get after the QB. I like some's idea of getting a guy like Williams. A vet would bring flexibility to the draft.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The simple truth for now, is that the team is evaluating it's own schemes and directions right now. They will decide upon a direction and evaluate how all of their present players fit. They will be doing an intense evaluation and then start to formulate a free agency as well as draft strategy that are interdependent on actions to be decided, shortly.

I agree, I think they may sign or figure out the hardy deal before the draft.
That is why all these rumours are really meaningless.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Interior pressure is the real way to get the sack totals up. As long as we have a one armed Crawford and Hayden as our two inside, it is not going to jump. Edge rushers can be diverted.

To me, an elite inside player is just as valuable. I know people want to pretend Crawford could be, but I think we are wasting our time with that.

I agree, but they already paid one and like the other one, so probably no DT.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
He wasn't and most of the transgressions are greatly exaggerated based on what local guys who don't have an axe to grind are saying.
People keep referring to the comments of a free agent has been like Mincey, but ignore two younger long term players opinion of the guy. I know people think Garrett is a puppet, personally I believe he has a lot more autonomy than most. If Hardy was constantly late and out of shape neither Garrett, nor Maranelli would stand for it and would have been cut before the season ended.

I don't believe they were exaggerated. I said it weeks back but my brother used to work for the organization and his friends who are still there called the guy Tardy Hardy. It's a pretty well known fact. The reason JG can't do anything is he doesn't have much say regarding Jerry "pet" guys who Jerry thinks can put the team over the top.

As far as Hardy the player...I don't know anyone who can honestly say the guy did enough to justify any contract

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Yea, something doesn't seem right about this whole situation.

If Hardy was doing all of this, why did Garrett basically stick his head in the sand and ignore it, yet other players were released for dress code violations

He was trying to pull the JJ from the 90's, cut the non impact players for minor infractions to motivate the others.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He was trying to pull the JJ from the 90's, cut the non impact players for minor infractions to motivate the others.

that and those 2 I think did not wear a suit for the 9-11 memorial visit,
and to JG that was not RKG, and so he got rid of them 1st chance he got.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Hardy was shut down by double teams, chips and having his inside move taken away for playing next to Hayden. The LG cheated over constantly and MArinelli would take advantage by blitzing and stunting into that vacant A gap. The rookie and the rest had lots of help.

Most of the time he played on the opposite side from Hayden, next to Crawford. He was a RDE most of the time.

khiladi

Reaction score
Hardy was moved inside on some plays but he was not getting double teams toward the end of the season. Dlaw was the better player toward to end of the season, so there is no reason to mention the first four games of the year. Hardy was not facing double teams toward the end of the year, there were games I honestly forgot he was playing.

He was paid to be disruptive, he was not and Dlaw was that is a fact.

Really? Our defense was disruptive how so? We played conservative and contained teams scoring-wise..

And Marinelli wasn't moving D Law inside to generate pressure or blow up runs?

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Really? Our defense was disruptive how so? We played conservative and contained teams scoring-wise..

And Marinelli wasn't moving D Law inside to generate pressure or blow up runs?

So the defense wasn't disruptive even with the great Hardy? Thanks for making my point.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
From BR so take it with a grain of salt, but Jason Cole is a pretty reliable reporter (or maybe not, I've heard mixed reports on him.)

Sources say that besides the drama surrounding him and the fact that he was late to team meetings, he also "partied throughout the season" and the Cowboys didn't like that he never got into great shape.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nt-re-sign-hardy-de-partied-throughout-season

And for purely football and PR purposes fans are getting this news now, instead of acknowledging the the lack of power JG had in any regard whatsoever in this during the season;)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Our dline is gonna be crud. 6-8 sacks for lawrence without hardy, 2-3 for gregory, 1 for mincy, 4 for t crawford, and 0 for hayden, 0 for russell, 1 for irving. How the heck are we gonna get to 42-52 sacks?

Wrll they were not that good with him so I don't get the point

gmoney112

Reaction score
Why not resign him? He's not going to command much. In fact, I bet he takes an incentive deal this year so he can get one last monster contract next year. His performance and off the field issues are well documented, no ones paying a premium, including us.

I think a lot of his "underperformance" was mental and conditioning. Lets be honest, he came out against the Pats as dominant as I've ever seen a DE. His personal life got blown up, and I mean, he was out of football for a year. Gym shape isn't going to prepare you for an NFL season.

If we don't, I see another team signing him for an incentive based deal and him having a double digit sack season.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Why not?

He's a headcase who got his incentive deal and didn't produce. More importantly, the teams unwillingness to hold him accountable means he'll undermine everything this staff preaches.

He's a bad fit in Dallas all around.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Why not?

He's a headcase who got his incentive deal and didn't produce. More importantly, the teams unwillingness to hold him accountable means he'll undermine everything this staff preaches.

He's a bad fit in Dallas all around.

Didn't produce is overselling it.

A full season with a winning team and I see 12+ sacks.

That is worth an offer at least.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Didn't produce is overselling it.

A full season with a winning team and I see 12+ sacks.

That is worth an offer at least.

If we're going to have a winning team anyway then I really don't want him.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
He could be the difference in a game like GB 2014. Peppers made one or two big plays.

Yeah, or he could be a non-factor like he was for much of this season.

I'll take my chances and avoid the headache.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Garrett looked so shook when Hardy was spazzing in the Giants game. I'm literally laughing at my part time job right now out loud because I remember he had the look of 'death' on his face :laugh:

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Wrll they were not that good with him so I don't get the point

The point is that he contributed to the 32 sacks thst we did get. Without him, his sacks and pressures we become worse not better. Its just mathematics

Ok let me see how i can make people understand. Ok, you and your three best friends are going out on saturday night to pick up chicks. Now after 2 months you guys consistently strike out. A change has to be made cause your crew isnt getting it done. Do you get rid of the best looking dude with the most game and hope that getting rid of him will increase your odds? No you get rid of the weak link.

Last edited: