News: Source: Ezekiel Elliott has made no decision on possible holdout

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The buzz coming out of Dallas surrounding this rumor is Elliott does want to be paid now. Whether he’s willing to sit out isn’t necessarily attached or quite another subject.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I haven't heard anything from a media outfit that you haven't decided on whether you are going to cheat on your taxes this year. So I assume you will.

No one has also reported I would, which they did for Zeke. So there’s that.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why should Zeke come out and squash this. He has no obligation to do so.
And after the media and his own supposed fans treat him and the crap they spew about him. I don't blame him for not addressing it.

Maybe he is sitting back doing this :popcorn: at most everyone. Driving those that seemed concerned about it crazy, letting you all speculate. I think he wants some 50 pagers on here about it. :muttley:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Seeing as how Zeke’s agent is currently negotiating for a contract extension, why would Elliott choose to quash a rumor (please reread: RUMOR) which might possibly aid him in said negotiations?
Is that a fact? That Zeke's agent and the Cowboys are in CURRENT discussions/negotiations on an extemsion? Ive always read in here that is was Amari and Dak that was getting done first, then they would do Zeke.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Why should Zeke come out and squash this. He has no obligation to do so.
And after the media and his own supposed fans treat him and the crap they spew about him. I don't blame him for not addressing it.

Maybe he is sitting back doing this :popcorn: at most everyone. Driving those that seemed concerned about it crazy, letting you all speculate. I think he wants some 50 pagers on here about it. :muttley:
yeah, thats it. Im sure Zeke sits around trying to get people in here to talk about him. Does he have an obligation to squash it?? nope, but heading into training camp in what has been one of the quiestest offseason's in recent memory, with what could possibly be the most talented team we have had in quite some time, youd think Zeke would not want any distractions for the Cowboys as they start the 2019 season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Is that a fact? That Zeke's agent and the Cowboys are in CURRENT discussions/negotiations on an extemsion? Ive always read in here that is was Amari and Dak that was getting done first, then they would do Zeke.
Do you think Dak would sit out if he doesn’t have a contract?

If not then I’d wait to pay him.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Do you think Dak would sit out if he doesn’t have a contract?

If not then I’d wait to pay him.
no way in hell a qb sits. They know their big payday is coming, and sitting out would sour other teams. The QB position is so difefrent than every other position on the team. QB is almost half player, half team executive.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
no way in hell a qb sits. They know their big payday is coming, and sitting out would sour other teams. The QB position is so difefrent than every other position on the team. QB is almost half player, half team executive.
Then I’d pay Zeke now if he threatens to sit and pay Dak next year.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yeah, thats it. Im sure Zeke sits around trying to get people in here to talk about him. Does he have an obligation to squash it?? nope, but heading into training camp in what has been one of the quiestest offseason's in recent memory, with what could possibly be the most talented team we have had in quite some time, youd think Zeke would not want any distractions for the Cowboys as they start the 2019 season.

And when he shows up there won't be any.
Do you think I was serious saying what he is probably thinking?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agreed. So, if Dak isn’t sitting do we risk Elliott sitting?

GenoT

Reaction score

While I might’ve jumped the gun in stating that Zeke and DC are currently negotiating his future contract (although, no one outside the two parties knows for a fact if negotiations have begun or not), the question remains...

How would it be to Zeke’s advantage to quash what is, as far as the public knows, simply a rumor?

Rayman70

Reaction score
its just business negotiations back and forth...chess. Its normal. In the end, he's playing week 1 unless he is suspended. New deal or not.

starfan1

Reaction score
If he holds out, this year is dunzo. This team couldn't survive without Zeke.
Not wanting it to happen at all but that’s a false narrative.

This team will not be as good but it will compete. Now is Dak goes down and white or rush have to play then you may be looking at a top 5 pick

aria

Reaction score
It wouldn’t surprise me if he just doesn’t want to practice. Football players hate practice and especially hate training camp.
Especially lazy players that care about themselves more than the team. They get payed millions of dollars to play a game a few months out of the year and they can’t show up for practice? Divas.

Get a ring then skip practice.