Sources: Cowboys have signed 7 of their 8 NFL draft picks

Doomsday101

Reaction score
FRISCO - The Dallas Cowboys have signed seven of their eight draft picks already, sources tell me, as of about 1:30 today -- convenient because this is the first time many of have been in DFW since being taken in the 2019 NFL Draft, and efficient because the signings all happened either right before the morning practice or right before the afternoon session.

The list of signees:

Trysten Hill, DT; Tony Pollard, RB; Michael Jackson, CB; Joe Jackson, DE; Donovan Wilson, S, Texas A&M; Mike Weber, RB, Ohio State; and Jalen Jelks, DE, Oregon.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...M3u3uHVQJ0P46LxTKLPSt6hXyIn3RLoWbp3LeNgkYRMgY

CCBoy

Reaction score
The new guard should be glad that Dallas was the earliest to give him a team to play for...and his future in a very strong offensive line should be appreciated. What's the hold up?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This is not good, we are playing hard ball will our best draft pick!

All kidding aside, 3rd round players are tougher historically under this CBA. It will get done, just not as easy to slot.

conner01

Reaction score
This is not good, we are playing hard ball will our best draft pick!

All kidding aside, 3rd round players are tougher historically under this CBA. It will get done, just not as easy to slot.
The man just wants to get paid
Must have Tanks agent

Alexander

Reaction score
Congratulations to Stephen
Um, the CBA has a slotting system that makes this practically automated unless some player or agent wants to be special.

An intern for Stephen could negotiate these contracts and probably does.

For all we know, this is Spaulding's job so he can point out that he negotiates contracts on his LinkedIn profile.

PhillySpecial

Reaction score
The new guard should be glad that Dallas was the earliest to give him a team to play for...and his future in a very strong offensive line should be appreciated. What's the hold up?

My understanding is that it's offset language. If that's true, I never heard of that for a 3rd round pick. That's usually a holdup for 1st rounders not signing.

Rayman70

Reaction score
its a new day. We usually don't sign our rooks this fast EVER. Stevie is putting his stamp on the team.

Alexander

Reaction score
nah...its no issue. I think its typical.You always get that 1 or 2 players that straggle and get signed late. He should be signed up by sometime over the weekend.
But, what if he doesn't?

{dramatic organ music}

Alexander

Reaction score
its a new day. We usually don't sign our rooks this fast EVER. Stevie is putting his stamp on the team.
This is just a function of business now.

"Stevie" is not doing anything special.

Rayman70

Reaction score

Mustn't give cred to anyone in the FO eh? Ok then. Facts are the same rookie scale was in place last year and we didn't use this tactic to sign guys quickly. THATS A FACT. Im not a fan of the Jones' but at least its a change in the way we sign them...its something. It gives me some pause and at least we can see if it bears fruit.

Rayman70

Reaction score

no & no. Many teams haven't signed anyone they drafted. So that statement is off. Special? No one said it was "special"...just sayin MAYBE a change in the way we operate might be a good thing. Getting our guys signed may be the difference we need. Who knows..just being positive and not johnny downer.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
nah...its no issue. I think its typical.You always get that 1 or 2 players that straggle and get signed late. He should be signed up by sometime over the weekend.
lol, Thanks Will, for motivating Stephen to get off his fat *** and do something.