Sources: Hopkins would welcome trade to Cowboys; willing to make financial concessions

Carson

Reaction score
It’s not me, according to Bobby Belt this is what Dallas is thinking. If I’m running the team and don’t get one of the top three WR, Arizona is getting a call in the 3rd with a straight up offer and only giving them a minute to make a decision.
Oh no doubt. Sorry was just talking in general about the situation.

Just a few months from them talking about how much Tolbert and Houston have improved

MikeT22

Reaction score
I guess you missed it. Coop was not traded because of any football reason. Jerry’s motto that year was that everybody was all in for a Superbowl Run. Cooper made a personal health decision that caused him to miss games. That did not sit well with Jerry. Jerry wanted Cooper gone even if he only got a ham sandwich in return. Which he did.
All in for a Super Bowl run .. coming from the guy who gave us Campo, Wade and Garrett for much of the last two decades and still refuses to hire a real GM.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Oh no doubt. Sorry was just talking in general about the situation.

Just a few months from them talking about how much Tolbert and Houston have improved
[/
I have a feeling Cedrick Wilson is going to end up back on the team some how as the vet WR and then they will draft a TE or WR in the 1st 2 rounds. I really just don’t want OBJ - I could be wrong but to me it’s just a big name with potential to cause issues in the locker room. Not to mention 2 ACL surgeries- the only player I know that played near a high level in a similar situation was Thomas Davis and he was an LB.

Ideal situation - get Kincaid in the 1st, take Avali in the 2nd, convince Arizona that the 3rd is the best they can get from Hopkins.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
3rd + a reworked salary sounds about right....at current salary its kinda in the amari cooper range draft pick wise
Yup, and if Hopkins is willing to rework his contract, this is a move that needs to happen. He'd give us a lethal weapon, and Lamb will have one in one options because teams can't double him and Hopkins. So, if expect our offense to be dynamite. Our defence, especially if we can get a NT, is as shut down as it is. All that'd be needed is an upgrade over Maher, and this team is ready to go on paper for a Lombardi.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Even though I should be used to this it's really frustrating to see the lack of effort to improving this team in the offseason.

Here we have a superstar player, the kind of skill position upgrade this QB needs, practically begging for the Cowboys to come get him.

The money? He'll work with you. He isn't looking to get paid.

The reported price? A 2nd round pick. To add one of the top receiving weapons in the game.

Too much? We have to hold onto those draft picks? Especially one that high? Let's take a look at what the Cowboys have done with their 2nd round picks over the last 15 years. Even with the great and almighty Will McClay.

Is there a player on that list better than Hopkins? I guess you could argue Lee, Lawrence and Diggs (I think he's better than all of them) but the fact is their usual return on a 2nd round investment pales in comparison to the instant impact Hopkins would provide in a supposed all in season.

He would make the QB better. Isn't that the most important objective this offseason so we don't have a 49ers part 3?

How could they possibly, even these colossal idiots, not be interested in this? Why am I reading a report like this from a legit team source?

It's an insult to the fans. It's why my blood boils every time we re-sign an old member of the band. Here's an actual real upgrade that can win you those playoff games, someone who can potentially change things and break this cycle of losing and we make no effort to make it happen. We're busy looking for bargains, not serious about winning.

But I guess this is what happens when you have a front office that chooses Leighton Vander Esch over Bobby Wagner.

Meet the new season. Same as the last season.

And thsts the thing. He's better than any WR we could draft this year. There are some excellent prospects this year, and he's better than them. He's a difference maker. With Lamb and Hilton, he'd put us as the most dangerous team. Then if we can get a NT and an improvement a kicker, this team will be, on paper, one of if not the most dangerous teams in the league.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Oh look. Taking an opportunity to bash the QB in yet another thread not about the QB. Troll behaviour.

Also. There have already been reports this off-season not even 3 weeks ago about Dak voicing his frustration with the FO. Lol. You must have missed that Dak thread. Funny how that happens eh?
Your QB just doesn't care, bro.

As long as the check is in the mail he's good.

rambo2

Reaction score
Wave those Pom Poms
It is true. Bringing in Gillmore, signing Wilson and LVE, and cutting Zeke are improvements. The team is already better and should get better still with receivers, dtackles, and a new running back coming.

rambo2

Reaction score
“It would be shocking if you knew the size of the check I would write if it guaranteed me a Super Bowl. And it would be obscene. There’s nothing that I would not do financially to get a Super Bowl. So, that’s a given. That’s a real given.”

Just remember this folks. He would do anything. Except add multiple players to help him win
Double digit players will be added to the team.

conner01

Reaction score
Very true, and I agree.
The draft always brings a certain degree of unpredictability.
I wouldn't mind the UT RB, should he fall.
I really don’t want a Rb in the first but he could very well be the best player
25 teams in front of you makes predictions tough
Hopefully a few QB go high which pushes guys we would target down

conner01

Reaction score
They dropped a 1st on a guard last year. I’d bet they go Tyron LT, Tyler G, with Waletzko and Farniok and late round guard as the backups!
I don’t think they see Tyler as a guard and he played more tackle than guard

phildadon86

Reaction score
Lol, like winning a playoff game or 2 or 3. You should be glad that the team is good and the draft is coming up.
I’ll be glad when this team takes the next step when it matters. Not because they won 12 games back to back seasons. Show me in the postseason. Get to an NFCCG and I’ll be happy. And impressed. Until then. It’s just empty calories