Sources: T.O.'s expressed resentment toward Romo

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2482200 said:
You won't listen to reason so I'd be wasting my time, suffice to say TO is buddies with Deion, and a whisper here or there and go a long way in TO's PR battle.

Oh. So he's not enemies with Werder? Does Werder perceive him as a friend or foe? :huh:

Haley94

Reaction score
If we win the Superbowl this year, they are going to have to make America's
Game two hours instead of one to cover all drama. Winning is the drug that makes it all better.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Haley94;2482216 said:
If we win the supperbowl this year, they are going to have to make America's
Game two hours instead of one to cover all drama. Winning is the drug that makes it all better.

True. You could also say not following others off of a cliff just for the heck of it helps too. ;)

khiladi

Reaction score
CowboyWay;2482204 said:
Well in fairness, what do you expect Garrett to say?

Andy Reid said everything was great too, until TO was doing pushups.

Ok guys, I'm done now. Pizza is here, and the game is on.

I hope I'm wrong on TO, I really do, but I've said my peace.

There were two other receivers with TO in that meeting... That is the whole point... If it was just TO, than why are 2 other receivers, one a pro-bowler and the other and damn good slot receiver going to Jason garrett?

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
I'm 100% amazed some of you believe this is totally made up. Do you know how ridiculous that is?

There's no doubt there's some truth to this story. Cowboy players getting tired of Owens' antics is hardly far from unbelievable.

He's done this every where he's gone. If you believe he's been a great teammate, then you're just plain stupid and blind. If you don't think a lot of those guys are sick of his pissing and moaning, you're just plain stupid and blind.

Get real, guys. This stuff didn't just come out of no where.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2482206 said:
Oh. So he's not enemies with Werder? Does Werder perceive him as a friend or foe? :huh:

It's impossible to get points through to people like you.

Deion has defended T.O. in everything he's done this year. When T.O. complained about getting the ball, Deion had his back. When T.O. has been mouthing off to coaches, Deion had his back.

That fact that you think this is totally made up is baffling. Just laughable.

You talk as though this is the first time T.O. has been accused of such things.

Again, get real, people.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2482205 said:
I wish someone would sue these media guys for libel concerning the garbage presented under the guise of unnamed or anonymous sources.

That's WHY they write this BS and attribute it to an "anonymous source." It covers their *** and nobody can prove them wrong. ESPN could ask him to provide them with his sources if they got suspicious, but why would they even bother?

This is all sort of "understood" in journalism.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
JordanTaber;2482237 said:
That's WHY they write this BS and attribute it to an "anonymous source." It covers their *** and nobody can prove them wrong. ESPN could ask him to provide them with his sources if they got suspicious, but why would they even bother?

This is all sort of "understood" in journalism.

Unnamed sources are also "unnamed" because they ask not to be named.

But naw, go on believing T.O. is a perfect teammate and no one could possibly be upset with him.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Wonderboyromo;2482234 said:

Deion has defended T.O. in everything he's done this year. When T.O. complained about getting the ball, Deion had his back. When T.O. has been mouthing off to coaches, Deion had his back.

Again, get real, people.

You talk as though he has totally torn this team apart. As I have stated through out the thread, show and prove. BSPN doesn't count. ;)

Boysboy

Reaction score
This is what happens to me at work sometimes-I'll say something to a co-worker next to me. Subsequently, he/she will say what I said to someone else in the office, and then that someone else would say he/she was told by what that other person said I said, and then he/she would etc, etc.

Pt being that what I said to my co-worker next to me, he/she ends up taking it a slightly different context of what I said b/c of his own perceptions, and will express it that way to someone else, and then that someone else would take what the previous person said to him in another different context and say it to someone else.

Anyhow-ultimately, when it gets back to me where someone says, "I heard you said such and such", and I'm like, "I said that"??

Really-when it comes to 3rd/4th person comments, they end up getting taken WAY out of context as it goes around. Here's prolly what happened here-Owens and Bennett tell each other how they feel they're not being involved enough to help the team win. No big deal. Then Bennett tells his best friend, Carpenter, on the team how, "It sounds to me like Owens isn't happy he's not involved enough". Then Carpenter interprets that as, "It sounds like Owens isn't happy with Romo". And once it gets around a couple of more players, it sounds like, "Owens is starting to become a pain in the *** and will do everything it takes to make everyone appease him"...THIS is what gets leaked out to Werder.

So no-Werder isn't lying, per se, but he's ending up getting stuff that's 3rd/4th person. Like I said, I say things all the time at work, but a week later, someone comes to me and tells me how I said such and such, when it wasn't even close to that.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Wonderboyromo;2482234 said:

Again, get real, people.

Funny, was it not Deion who lured T.O. into doing that interview a few weeks ago...the one with the chopped up comments to make the things he was saying look like he was saying inflammatory things?

Deion-the-reporter has become a weasel who tries to get people to tell him things under the guise of friendship...then reveals them to the media.

It's not like T.O. really had any reason to lie about being involved in these discussions, anyway. There's nothing wrong with it. These kinds of meetings take place all the time on football teams. Unfortunately, most fans on the internet are naive enough to think that just because they don't HEAR about it on other teams (because most teams don't have so many high profile players) that it doesn't go on.

Take these things that you get from Owens and multiply them by about 5,000, and that was Jerry Rice in San Francisco.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2482243 said:
You talk as though he has totally torn this team apart. As I have stated through out the thread, show and prove. BSPN doesn't count. ;)

I missed the part where I said he has torn the team apart. Please remind me of the time I said that?

It's not hard to believe teammates are sick of his baby-ish ways. But go on believing they aren't. Have fun.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Wonderboyromo;2482241 said:
Unnamed sources are also "unnamed" because they ask not to be named.

But naw, go on believing T.O. is a perfect teammate and no one could possibly be upset with him.

Do you honestly believe that the media will leave a source unnamed because they ASK them to?

Jesus Christ, the stupidity and nativity on this board is unreal.

Make special note of how BRADIE JAMES isn't unnamed...and he happens to have noninflammatory comments that don't actually coincide with what Werder is trying to say. Imagine that.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
JordanTaber;2482249 said:
Funny, was it not Deion who lured T.O. into doing that interview a few weeks ago...the one with the chopped up comments to make the things he was saying look like he was saying inflammatory things?

Deion-the-reporter has become a weasel who tries to get people to tell him things under the guise of friendship...then reveals them to the media.

It's not like T.O. really had any reason to lie about being involved in these discussions, anyway. There's nothing wrong with it. These kinds of meetings take place all the time on football teams. Unfortunately, most fans on the internet are naive enough to think that just because they don't HEAR about it on other teams (because most teams don't have so many high profile players) that it doesn't go on.

Take these things that you get from Owens and multiply them by about 5,000, and that was Jerry Rice in San Francisco.

Complaining about getting the ball is one thing. Every WR and their mothers do it.

However, Owens rants and raves and throws players/teammates under the bus. He NEVER takes responsibility for his mistakes, no matter how blatant and obvious they are. He is perfect in his mind, and everything that goes wrong is someone else's fault and problem.

Pretty easy to see why some players would be sick of him.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Wonderboyromo;2482260 said:
Complaining about getting the ball is one thing. Every WR and their mothers do it.

However, Owens rants and raves and throws players/teammates under the bus. He NEVER takes responsibility for his mistakes, no matter how blatant and obvious they are. He is perfect in his mind, and everything that goes wrong is someone else's fault and problem.

Pretty easy to see why some players would be sick of him.

Feel free to provide your astute insight here.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139503

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2482257 said:
I always have a blast watching the haters stew over our #1 receiver. :)

:popcorn:

I've never, ever been a hater of Owens as a Cowboy before.
There comes a point when you constantly see him passing blame and throwing TEAMMATES under the bus that enough becomes enough and it's totally obvious how much of a baby he is.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Wonderboyromo;2482227 said:
I'm 100% amazed some of you believe this is totally made up. Do you know how ridiculous that is?

There's no doubt there's some truth to this story. Cowboy players getting tired of Owens' antics is hardly far from unbelievable.

He's done this every where he's gone. If you believe he's been a great teammate, then you're just plain stupid and blind. If you don't think a lot of those guys are sick of his pissing and moaning, you're just plain stupid and blind.

Get real, guys. This stuff didn't just come out of no where.

Incredible, isn't it?