Video: Speak for Yourself-Pay Dak or Move on?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
May as well move on, not because of Dak - because of the morons running this team.

They couldn't put together a winner when Dak was cheap, they sure as heck aren't going to do it when he's expensive.
Brutal but true.

You should start doing a blog about Dak.

Nobody here knows what is happening about anything except we are going to get rocked today.

:angry:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
If they had the top pick and they could get Lawrence I’d shop Dak. Since they do not I am keeping him and building the team around him.
I don't know.

If we keep Dak and pay him..

We are going to lose so much talent that needs to be replaced..

Will will lose and never recover as long as he is on the books for $40+ mil a year.

I do not care what the front office says..its suicide to pay Dak AND try to rebuild.

It would be fine if Dak was like Mahomes and won some division titles and a SB and had a couple of MVPs

But he is not that sort of player. We have already proven Dak can't do it alone.

Why is that going to change with a worst team with a below average OL and RB who is overpaid and declining?

People who have seen 2020 surely know it is not 2016 anymore and they need to stop living in the past.

Loso86

Reaction score
Dak Haters keep moving the Goal Post...

Marcellus Wiley: "moving goal post right to /next a bank":lmao2:

The performance of the Dallascowboy without Dak is the reason Dak Prescott wants a shorter term deal....

The team is trash
Agree mostly except I think he wants to cash in for more sooner honestly. If he felt this team was that trash he wouldnt sign at all

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't know.

If we keep Dak and pay him..

We are going to lose so much talent that needs to be replaced..

Will will lose and never recover as long as he is on the books for $40+ mil a year.

I do not care what the front office says..its suicide to pay Dak AND try to rebuild.

It would be fine if Dak was like Mahomes and won some division titles and a SB and had a couple of MVPs

But he is not that sort of player. We have already proven Dak can't do it alone.

Why is that going to change with a worst team with a below average OL and RB who is overpaid and declining?

People who have seen 2020 surely know it is not 2016 anymore and they need to stop living in the past.

To be fair no one is like Mahomes, but the question is what would Dak do with Andy Reid? Who is your QB if its not Dak? Quincy Carter, Drew Henson, Chad Hutchinson, Anthony Wright, Ryan Lief, Clint Stoerner etc? THATS the past that I can't over look. We have a top 10 QB, in his prime. Its not his fault the RB is declining and the line got old and banged up. I get that some of his stats are inflated because of game situations, but I put a lot of that on the coaching as well. It's a shame JJ could not capitalize on 4 years of cheap QB play, but I think that was very lucky and we can't rely on them stepping in crap and pulling out a starting QB with the 135th pick again. Again, if you tell me we're getting Lawrence, sign me up. With no QB, you can put probowlers at ever other spot and still suck.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Very simple. Let Dak hit free agency and see what the market price is. Cowboys can match or let him walk and get a 3rd round comp pick.

Bottom line: no team is breaking the bank on a QB with questionable talent and coming off a broken ankle. Especially with the cap dropping to maybe $175M. Cowboys are pretty much bidding against themselves. Common sense.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really don't think it matters. As long as these people run the team, it is tragically flawed beyond repair.

Paying a QB 35M to lead the team to mediocrity is pretty much par for the course with the Joneses. They are not adept enough to build a team around him or any other QB and have yet to get the cap right after all these years of practicing.

I have made the adjustment, and you should think of this as well, to being a Lions fan. A flash every once in a while to get the hopes up but it is what it is in the end.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Best case scenario:

We draft top 3. Tag and trade Dak and get at least a 1 and a 3. Draft one of the top 3 QBs. Focus on rebuilding the D with the bulk of the remaining draft picks.

Use the money Dak would have made to either sign some key free agents, and/or absorb some dead money and shed some bad contracts this team has committed to.

IMO, this team is in desperate need of a rebuild. Moving on from Dak (and I am a Dak supporter) is the fastest way to right the ship longterm.

Why? Because QB is not the biggest problem we have. I think if we sign Dak he will play well. But we still won’t win enough or contend because the way this team is currently structure in terms of cap resources. Way too many guys under-producing at their cap rate.

Therefore— we need time. Time to shed bad contracts. Time to develop a young QB into a viable franchise QB. And time to rebuild this entire defense.

Moving on from Dak allows that flexibility. Committing long term to him does not. It’s that simple really.

We need to have a brutally ruthless offseason if we want to get better fast.

kskboys

Reaction score
let him walk

Prescott has played 18 career games against teams that would finish with 10-plus wins, and he is 5-13 against them with 22 touchdowns and 19 interceptions for a QBR that ranks 19th in the NFL
For a team w/ a crapp D, that's not that bad.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
To be fair no one is like Mahomes, but the question is what would Dak do with Andy Reid? Who is your QB if its not Dak? Quincy Carter, Drew Henson, Chad Hutchinson, Anthony Wright, Ryan Lief, Clint Stoerner etc? THATS the past that I can't over look. We have a top 10 QB, in his prime. Its not his fault the RB is declining and the line got old and banged up. I get that some of his stats are inflated because of game situations, but I put a lot of that on the coaching as well. It's a shame JJ could not capitalize on 4 years of cheap QB play, but I think that was very lucky and we can't rely on them stepping in crap and pulling out a starting QB with the 135th pick again. Again, if you tell me we're getting Lawrence, sign me up. With no QB, you can put probowlers at ever other spot and still suck.

You went all the way back. Tony Romo at least saved us from that line of drudgery.

I can't help but think that Dak's career might just be a flash in the pan or shooting star. I'm done with the deal saga. This year should just be take it or leave it. This is a team already in decline so I don't think another quarterback search will be as detrimental especially with MM being more of an offensive minded coach.

Last edited:

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
Dak Haters keep moving the Goal Post...

Marcellus Wiley: "moving goal post right to /next a bank":lmao2:

The performance of the Dallascowboy without Dak is the reason Dak Prescott wants a shorter term deal....

The team is trash

I hate this argument so much bc it’s so damn shortsighted and flawed. Not many, if ANY, good to great teams in this league would continue to be good to great without their starting Qb. Point blank period.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I really don't think it matters. As long as these people run the team, it is tragically flawed beyond repair.

Paying a QB 35M to lead the team to mediocrity is pretty much par for the course with the Joneses. They are not adept enough to build a team around him or any other QB and have yet to get the cap right after all these years of practicing.

I have made the adjustment, and you should think of this as well, to being a Lions fan. A flash every once in a while to get the hopes up but it is what it is in the end.
I'm deflated now.

conner01

Reaction score
If we have a top pick, draft a qb, and franchise dak. Make a run with dak next year, rookie qb sits behind him for a year, build the team better, rookie qb contract for 4 years.

If they get a good offer for dak, take it, and play the rookie

If we don't have a top pick, pay dak, and hope the cap goes up
Which QB other than the top 2 are you ready to bet the 4 years after Dak on
And you are talking about sitting a top 5 pick for 20% of his rookie contract
To me if you take a QB in the top 5 you take one ready to play

bigE79

Reaction score
I don't care what the going rate is.. NOBODY is worth 40mil and also the fact we are barley a 500 team over the last 3yrs, couldn't win on the rd or beat a winning team...with that said, I say move on,save the money for defense and draft and sign a vet Qb and roll the dice,it can't get any worse the what we've see the last few years..jmo

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I would look to Seattle as an example. Russell Wilson took off like a rocket early in the season and has now come back to earth. Seattle is paying serious coin and does not have enough money to pay others. Seattle got luck drafting Metcalf who is on a low contract for one more year and then it is $20M+ per year or he holds out. I don't think the combo of Wilson and Metcalf at $60M/year is going to win many games. Seattle couldn't even beat the Giants with a washed-up, never been QB Colt McCoy and missing their star RB Barkley.

Keep an eye on Seattle and see how far they go this year.

kskboys

Reaction score
I would look to Seattle as an example. Russell Wilson took off like a rocket early in the season and has now come back to earth. Seattle is paying serious coin and does not have enough money to pay others. Seattle got luck drafting Metcalf who is on a low contract for one more year and then it is $20M+ per year or he holds out. I don't think the combo of Wilson and Metcalf at $60M/year is going to win many games. Seattle couldn't even beat the Giants with a washed-up, never been QB Colt McCoy and missing their star RB Barkley.

Keep an eye on Seattle and see how far they go this year.
Yup.

Took NO like 4 years of mediocrity after paying Brees to finally build a contender back up.

Which begs the question: If we pay Dak, are we OK w/ losing for 4 years while we build a team around him? It will take at least that long.

Hold it................Dak is insisting on a 4 year deal.

OK, explain again to me how it makes sense to pay Dak huge on a 4 year deal?

kevm3

Reaction score
Considering the best qbs will be off the board, you will have to pay him.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I think Wiley is telling the truth here. I mean, if he will sign for 35/36 for 5, it's golden. If he wants 38/40 for 5 years, then it's not.

Really as simple as that to me.

i have changed my mind about signing him and it has nothing to do with Dak.we simply cannot put up a decent defense and still pay the QB 35 million.