Video: Speak for Yourself-Pay Dak or Move on?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yep....Dak’s history of leading teams to come behind victories never happened. Dak has never helped the team win inspite of atrocious Oline, special teams and defense play.

Don’t project your Dalton failures and expectations onto Dak...

Well, you can cry in your pillow all you want. Bottom line it for you here. Come from behind wins are not the key to success unless you can string enough of them together to get you to the Super Bowl. Other then that, just means you were getting beat all game.

And for the record, Dak has played behind one of the best OLs in the league for most of his career. The really good QBs who come out of college and go to bad teams, they play behind horrible lines. Dak, he really doesn't have much to complain about at all but then again, Dak's really not complaining about it so.......

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
i have changed my mind about signing him and it has nothing to do with Dak.we simply cannot put up a decent defense and still pay the QB 35 million.

I understand this position entirely. It's not a hate thing, never has been. That's why it's so hard to listen to these guys spew crap like "Dak Hater" or worse, when you just break it down to the simple financials. This team is not as good as a lot of the fan base thought. It's gonna take money and time to fix it. I do believe that we can probably afford 35 but, that is probably about all we can IMO, without seriously compromising other positions.

JMO

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Which QB other than the top 2 are you ready to bet the 4 years after Dak on
And you are talking about sitting a top 5 pick for 20% of his rookie contract
To me if you take a QB in the top 5 you take one ready to play

Very few top 5 QB picks are actually ready to play their first year. They get thrown into situations on bad teams where they were required to be the hero, and in a lot of cases they have no chance. A very good case could be made that a lot of qb's fail because of this.

I would have no problem sitting a top 5 qb pick. If it improves them the next 4 years, and most likely 10 years.

Learning the offense, players, and a year in nfl strength and conditions without the pressure can be a great benefit.

In the scenario I preseneted you also get another year to make a run with Dak.

But I also agree with your point. So, I don't know

conner01

Reaction score
Very few top 5 QB picks are actually ready to play their first year. They get thrown into situations on bad teams where they were required to be the hero, and in a lot of cases they have no chance. A very good case could be made that a lot of qb's fail because of this.

I would have no problem sitting a top 5 qb pick. If it improves them the next 4 years, and most likely 10 years.

Learning the offense, players, and a year in nfl strength and conditions without the pressure can be a great benefit.

In the scenario I preseneted you also get another year to make a run with Dak.

But I also agree with your point. So, I don't know
If a QB is not ready to play he shouldn’t be drafted in the top 5
I get many goes to bad teams with bad olines and few weapons but here that’s not the case
After the first two there is no top 5 worthy QB in this draft

flyinghorse

Reaction score
I don’t think paying Dak is as cut & dry as fans are thinking. A lot of fans seem to be assuming Dak will come back 100% from what was a VERY serious injury and never have a problem with it ever again. No offense to those fans but there is no guarantee of that.....and that injury is probably going to affect the negotiations in his contract.
My wife is a retired surgical nurse and my son works as an x-ray & MRI technician. Both have a lot of emergency room experience. My wife started her career in New York working emergency. My son worked emergency at Ben Taub in Houston. They both said his injury is very serious, (way more serious than most fans understand) complicated to repair, difficult to rehabilitate, & can be prone re-injury. Dak may beat this injury sign a huge contract and never look back but I think it’s a bit to early to assume that yet. Just saying

dsturgeon

Reaction score
If a QB is not ready to play he shouldn’t be drafted in the top 5
I get many goes to bad teams with bad olines and few weapons but here that’s not the case
After the first two there is no top 5 worthy QB in this draft

Even ones that are ready, it benefits them to sit behind someone for a year.

Well, the problem is the amount we are paying dak.

1. Dak was one of the top qb's in the league last year, and they went 8-8
2.This year there were major injuries, but they showed how bad they were on defense

If you pay dak you are basically saying, he will carry the team to the superbowl. Because his contract will limit what you can do for the foreseeable future, while trying to build a defense that can help get him there. It could just be wasted years.

If you deside not to pay dak, you are not going to get a shot at another qb for this cheap.

So,
1. dak gets you to a superbowl team with a cash strapped team
2. You take a qb this year
3. you sell the farm to get a qb in the future

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I'd make him the best offer keeping in mind the pie and other players. The rest is up to dak. I'd also try to conclude asap whether or not dak would sign. If not, move on.
I agree.

No more drag out drama.

It was a complete distraction. Too much of one.

If this team is going to win with Dak in a meaningful way.

After watching Dalton play today..

It clearly occurred to me we need to sign Dalton as Daks backup.

If Dak struggles at any point coming back next year..

Dalton having played here will be big.

So when Dallas negotiates with Dak it would be wise to slide some of Daks payday over to Daltons deal.

Hmmm..

triplets_93

Reaction score
I am not convinced that Dak P has what it takes to lead a team to a Championship.
We're about Championships, so why keep a guy that isn't up to that challenge?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak Haters keep moving the Goal Post...

Marcellus Wiley: "moving goal post right to /next a bank":lmao2:

The performance of the Dallascowboy without Dak is the reason Dak Prescott wants a shorter term deal....

The team is trash

I’d rather be trash then mediocre.

Praxit

Reaction score
.. ..good points from Bucky and WIley. Wiley pretty much nails it in terms of length of contract. I can see The Jones giving Dak 40 per yer for 6 yrs. Anything less and they will re-tag him.

The Ocho dude, is such self suggested Dallas negaholic. He escapades on the general stats and further barebones things down, to fit his views.

Dreski

Reaction score
I’d pay Dak. I would have paid Dak before Jaylon and Zeke(and I’m a big fan of Zeke)

mardwin

Reaction score
If Dalton finishes strong the team he will get resigned and Dallas will look at the QB position in the first two rounds.

The price tags Dak wants us beyond his ceiling

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
The Eagles won with a second round pick at QB playing his first game today and won. I think people are making too much out of the Qb position. The game is changing and the Qbs coming out of college are much more ready than before.

The Cowboys have the offensive pieces in place for an athletic Qb of decent talent to win. We don not need to pay a QB $35+ million to win. We do not have that luxury with the defense needing help and the cap going down.