SPECULATION: Cowboys looking to trade up for Clowney ?

Bowdown27

Reaction score
@TheHuddleReport: Cowboys putting together a package trying to get into top 3 for Clowney. Deal would include 16th pick 2015 1st rounder + CB Morris Claiborne

This guy was the first one to say cowboys were going after Claiborne 2 years ago.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Interesting view from Merril Hoge

"You look at him as a fundamental football player when you talk about feet, hip and hands, like we watch Khlail Mack, he's actually atrocious,” Hoge said. “Clowney as a football player is not very good. Amazing athlete. Don't get confused by being an athlete and being a good football player. Not a very good football player."

The discussion of Mack over Clowney with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft got heated up earlier this week. It's not that outrageous. But shrugging off Clowney as a quality football player? That's just dumb.

"[Clowney] doesn't play with his feet, hip and hands like Khalil Mack. Gets controlled, trucked a lot," Hoge said. "The second he tries to swim move you he's neutralized if you get inside his pads which is easy because he plays so high."

Could Clowney work on his fundamentals? Yes. Coaching would help just about every single player out there. But that's no reason to insult his intelligence and laugh about taking him No. 1 overall.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...eveon-clowney-is-an-atrocious-football-player

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
@TheHuddleReport: Cowboys putting together a package trying to get into top 3 for Clowney. Deal would include 16th pick 2015 1st rounder + CB Morris Claiborne

This guy was the first one to say cowboys were going after Claiborne 2 years ago.

That was floated last week from the Huddle Report. It was laughable then and even less interesting right now.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Nothing would shock me. Everyone said prior to Claiborne's draft that there was no way we would trade up to get him, yet we did.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Clowney just seems like a hugh boom or bust player. For a guy whose work ethic and dedication is questioned he still put up outstanding numbers in the toughest conference in college football. It makes me wonder how great he could be if he was more dedicated to the game.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Clowney just seems like a hugh boom or bust player. For a guy whose work ethic and dedication is questioned he still put up outstanding numbers in the toughest conference in college football. It makes me wonder how great he could be if he was more dedicated to the game.

With a Parcells type coach, he would be a force.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
With a Parcells type coach, he would be a force.

I do not think the coach makes as much of a difference anymore with today's players, they are as much of a mercenary as they are. I think he would need to be shamed by teammates just as much anymore to work. The cast Clowney gets around will have a lot to do with his success as well. If he is around workers, he will work. If he is in a bad locker room, he could fall into bad habits.