SPECULATION: Cowboys looking to trade up for Clowney ?

DFWJC

Reaction score
ZERO chance we're moving into the top 3.

Even if we got a great deal, it'd cost 1st rounders in 2014 and 2015 and this years 2nd....minimum....then maybe even a 3rd too.

Good grief.

Anyway, Happy Friday everyone.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
With a Parcells type coach, he would be a force.

Desire still has to come from the player coach can't want it for you. Dallas has an excellent DC in Marinelli whom will be working with any defensive players we may select but even at that Clowney the player has to want it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hoge is an imbecile looking for attention. It is one thing to debate between Clowney and Mack. It is another to ridiculously assert that one is just an athlete that cannot play football to try to prove the point.

Not saying I agree with Hoge just found the comments interesting to go along with the combine write up on Clowney which suggest some of the same weakness that Hoge points too.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I think there are enough good football people around Jerry to stop this if it even is being discussed. That is too much to give up to get a guy with question marks and that doesn't have overwhelming production. Getting a player @16, having Clairborne and next years 1st is much better than just having Clowney. The team has too many holes to spend two 1st, actually 3, on one player especially when you can get another player not that far off by just standing pat.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
More draft reports, the closer we get to the draft the more these types of reports are going to be made. I dont see Dallas moving up into the top 3 from 16, I just dont see it happening.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
This years 1st and Claiborne I would do....not next years 1st included though.....will be a good player plus merchandise sales would interest JJ

Dwight

Reaction score
That's just to much to give for Clowney. If anything Dallas should trade down due to so many holes this team has on defense and offense.

jnday

Reaction score
I do not think the coach makes as much of a difference anymore with today's players, they are as much of a mercenary as they are. I think he would need to be shamed by teammates just as much anymore to work. The cast Clowney gets around will have a lot to do with his success as well. If he is around workers, he will work. If he is in a bad locker room, he could fall into bad habits.

Good point. He would do great on the Ravens or Steelers.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Only thing is look at Miami jumping into top 3 last year. And they didn't give up a first rounder this year

CowboysLaw87

Reaction score
It should also be noted that the tweet from The Huddle Report was from 9 days ago, and there's been no additional smoke since.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Would be more interested in trading a little bit less and getting Aaron Donald. Everyone seems to agree that this guy is legit, whereas Clowney has people split.

That said, I say trust the scounts, Marinelli etc.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
salt_grains.jpg

That is salt grains by the way. One for me, some extra for others.

If this happened with the Rams it would be really ironic in a couple of ways. We moved up with the Rams to get Claiborne. The pick would be Washington's and he would be chasing the guy who cost them that pick.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I would give this year's 1, 2 and Claiborne. Just my opinion, but I Marinelli can make Clowney will be a major force in the NFL.

joseephuss

Reaction score
And if Houston takes Clowney 1st overall, then what would Dallas do. Two first round picks is too much to give up for one player.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This years 1st and Claiborne I would do....not next years 1st included though.....will be a good player plus merchandise sales would interest JJ

Me too. Don't see that happening though.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
16 + Claiborne and a 3rd for 10 and Fairley? Fresh start for each guy at a position of need for the other team.

visionary

Reaction score
Nothing would shock me. Everyone said prior to Claiborne's draft that there was no way we would trade up to get him, yet we did.

that was a monumentally stupid decision and this one would be as well

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I will be entertained by Manziel or Clowney.

Manziel is a Clowney.....:D Stay where u are Jerry... I know you learned from the Claiborne trade.. You could of had Brockers and Wagner...

dstovall5

Reaction score
If I see the news flash on draft day "Cowboys have traded up into the top 5", I'm going to just lose it.

casdrinking.gif