Speculation: Dak Deal To Be Finalized By End Of Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Jr

Reaction score

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
lmao and one of the posters in this thread called Stephen McGee great, trick shot guy, Kyle Orton great. lmao.. and we should take his opinion on quarterbacks... lmao....

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
lmao and one of the posters in this thread called Stephen McGee great, trick shot guy, Kyle Orton great. lmao.. and we should take his opinion on quarterbacks... lmao....
Lies as usual from the same poster who was wrong for years on the old boards and is wrong in here once again.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
look it's stephen mcgee's only fan.... look above......you mind posting your romo crying story again.. that was classic....

lmao didn't even have to mention names who loved mcgee, trick shoot guy, kyle orton, and any other loser than came alone.... you just proved my point.... :muttley::muttley::muttley::facepalm:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol, getting mad? It was Kirk Cousins. That worked out great for them, huh? QBs don’t get franchised 2 years in a row because it’s a bad idea. Period.

I'm glad you finally put some work into this.

Better late than never.

RamziD

Reaction score
I'm glad you finally put some work into this.

Better late than never.

Yeah, it’s such a bad idea that I didn’t think it ever happened. I guess you’re about as smart as Daniel Snyder.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Win a division game? He has. Or do you mean win it on his own with your eye test? I never asked for a single thing. I was asking what he would have to do to prove he's the real McCoy. You're saying pass your eye test, that's pretty general. I ask because he's a QB for a team that won the division 2 out of his first 3 years. Has the most or 2nd most wins. Others I can mention but they've been repeated over and over again. Again , just curious what you and others need to see. The wins are there but obviously he doesn't get credit for a lot of the wins from your side of the argument.

You don't know what a division game is. You win the division game and you go to the NFC Championship game. Unless I live in some sort of alternate reality, I don't remember Dak ever playing in a Championship game, being one game away from the superbowl. Also a winning a division game is not winning the division. Its in the Playoffs. Wildcard Game, Division Game, Championship Game, SuperBowl. And again, its not just the eye test, it is more than one factor involved to form a logical opinion about Dak. You bringing up stats are about as valuable as the Eye test, because stats can be padded, and wins can come from the team versus to how much an individual player contributed to a win. The whole thing has been discussed on this board before, about how if you only make the high percentage, and usually short passes, how you can pad your stats when you still have deficiencies elsewhere in your game. You might not believe it, but the notion has yet to be dis-proven. Dak has proven that he is good enough to get to a division game. He hasn't proven that he can hang with the elite teams of the NFL and win a division game and move on to the championship game.

As far as the lol I do it for 2 reasons. 1. Because someone says something that is dumb and makes me laugh so I'm letting them know I'm laughing at them. 2. To keep the peace . Lol sometimes words can be read wrong and people try to determine your emotions or intent from typed out words . So I put the lol in their if I think they might take it the wrong way and to let them know, it's all good and fun.

I'm just letting you know, the lol, will make a lot of people discount you in a serious debate.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Hahaha.... Keep thinking you know what you are talking about.

yeah sure. People don't know what they are talking about, when they disagree with you, the guy who has self proclaimed to have always guessed the right moves the cowboys should have done, but doesn't have people acknowledge so, or even remember so on this board.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
So 32 wins in 3 years, 2 division titles and a playoff win isn't enough, you need see him against a tuffer schedule. Thing's about schedules is they are unpredictable. His 2016 year was suppose to be a tough schedule but he went 13-3 and people then said it was easy because it was a down year for some of those teams because of key injuries or whatever the reason were.

Not putting you into this group, but this team could win the super bowl next year and there would still be people who think Dak isnt the reason and would give him little to no credit

See that's the thing too: The Dak Crowd likes to say It's a team game when the Cowboys lose. Then they turn right around and credit Dak for the wins. Dak was a top 10 quarterback in 2016, mainly because people didn't have film on him yet. I was very impressed with him back then. But like every human being, Dak has flaws, and some of those got exposed in 2017, and again in the Rams game. I like to say that I'm giving Dak a clean slate in 2019, but well :) I do get into these arguments where I have to express how I feel he is as a quarterback right now. I hope he can improve in the off season. But well, I think logically, or at least in my opinion I do, and using the art of deduction I figure that if the Rams can game plan against him, then most certainly the best run organization in all of football the patriots can too. That is why that test would be a measuring stick to see if Dak has improved, or if he hasn't been able to overcome what I think his flaw is. People do tend to use games during the season to measure where a team is, so you can do that for a player too.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, it’s such a bad idea that I didn’t think it ever happened. I guess you’re about as smart as Daniel Snyder.

Ok, resort to insults and personal attacks if you've got nothing logical to say.

It's a good look.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Every benchmark the anti-Dak crowd has set on this board has been soundly refuted with stats. After each game that he threw for X yards it was then Y yards. The last Giants game doesn't count because it was another preseason game. If you remove Cooper's YAC then he only threw Z amount of yards. Or that is an outlier therefore it doesn't count. Now there is "the eye test" to determine all. It's ridiculous.

And yet you have the likes like Jimmy Johnson, Troy Aikman and Staubach say that he is inaccurate. Those guys don't know what they are talking about. Yeah, some of them see some other good things in him, but its amazing how you guys try to sweep everything under the carpet, all the other logical arguments others have made, and pretend they never been made, to fit your narrative.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Yes because even the elite qbs with 10+ years experience always steps up and make plays .

Well, yea they do. That's how they earn elite status.

Literally one play during the mid-game offensive no show could have made the difference.

Average performance with average results.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
You do realize there are better games that would fit your narrative than the rams game. I saw a rams offense that game planned for our D and walked all over them. That was the ultimate team loss . That game wasn't even one of daks 5 worst games of the year.

oh yes it was. he wasn't clutch in the game he needed to be clutch. 6 mins in trash time, where the score should have been more lopsided than it actually was with an additional 8 points on the scoreboard, since the defense actually did do something. Yes the defense was figured out by scouting. But the game was still close despite of that and despite of Dak and a better quarterback who the rams wouldn't have been able to game plan against wouldn't. And I do bring that game up, because thanks to the cooper deal, it had looked like the cowboys may have overcame teams game planning against us, but low and behold a team did it to us in the Playoffs. I also bring it up, because a team should never be able to game plan against your quarterback. Romo had his flaws. He gambled and threw interceptions because of it. You really can't game plan against that. But you can gameplan and take 2/3 of the field away against Dak. They were daring for him to throw it deep.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Something to ponder. If Dak were viewed by anyone in media as being an upper tier QB, they would reference him constantly. They would do film breakdown showing his command of the offense and pinpoint passing. In reality, when they are forced to address his abilities as a passer, they dance around the questions and try not to outright bash him.

He may get paid high $, but the majority of people understand where his talent ranks him.

Status
Not open for further replies.